GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Buehler safety for 1891 Mauser?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ENBLOC

180 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  7:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got an 1891 Argentine sporter. Still has military safety that is always "on" as scope mounted low doesn't allow full arc over to "safe". Brownells has Buehler safeties for 1898, '93 thru '96. Will the 93/96 work on my small ring Mauser? It says I may need to "grind" the cocking piece? Any advice?

MIKE WISKEY
Advanced Member

7903 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  8:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Brownells has Buehler safeties for 1898, '93 thru '96. )these will not fit a m-91. the easyest way to get around this is to exchange the m-91 firing pin assy. (f.p., bolt shroud, safty et.all) for a m-95/93 one. then use the buehler or mk-2 safty. buehler and others used to make safties for the 91, but they have been 'out of print' for some time.

Go to Top of Page

ENBLOC

180 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  7:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I called Williams Gun Sight and they could install a Buehler safety. It would be $60 labor + cost of safety they have to order it. From Where I wonder. I called both Brownell & Midway. Midway gave me the ph. # of Timney Trigger in Arizona. NO...they don't make them for the 1891 Argentine anymore. Well.... they got ONE order out here waiting. Know of anyone with a drawer full of 1891 Buehler safties Please let me know!
Go to Top of Page

ENBLOC

180 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  11:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hooray!!! I just bid on a Maynard Buehler 1891 Mauser Safety on Gun Broker and hit the "buy it now" button. So now I'll have the safety that allows the use of Scope with turned down bolt. Really Nice!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page