GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 value of S&W .40 cal model SW40E
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

llymphs
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  8:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm asking after the fact...just paid $360 for a S&W model SW40E with Washington State logo on the barrel with additional marking of
WAP1022. this is on the slide in white lettering. also has night sights. feels great..yet to be fired by me, though. purchased from police officer and i believe the WA state logo denotes a police issue. any help?

can post photo if needed.

Edited by - llymphs on 09/07/2009 9:09:43 PM

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
22961 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  9:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I carried a Sigma .40 "Enhanced" for a bit in LE...it was quickly replaced with a Glock 22...

A Police trade in Sigma I would say is worth about $275-300...that's what I have seen them going for...check GunBroker's Auction side...

Condition effects value...accessories can also...

If you bought it for self protection, and you feel like it works for you, then why worry if its worth it? its yours now anyways right?

Go to Top of Page

llymphs
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  9:27:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well spoken. yeah, it's quite worth it to me...also has high capacity mags and the night sights. same officer also GAVE me his police issue Glock model 22 with 7 high capacity mags and his issued ammo. good friend, huh?
what's your opinion of keeping glock since both are .40? broad question, but am interested in feedback.
Go to Top of Page

john32
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  9:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well going by the book, 60% is 105.00 and 100% is 325.00, not being able to see it i would go with 80% book due to ware and tare, and also that its a few years old, that price is 145.00, now the book dose add 210.00 for night sites, add maybe 50 for the fact that its marked WA and your looking at maybe 400. so you are right in what u paid and unless it totaly beat up witch i dought, you did fine. if u like it and it works for you thats a nother story. you did buy this gun with out trying it first, so hopefully u do like it. john
Go to Top of Page

llymphs
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  9:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All guns from him are really nice. This doesn't even have a scratch and has original case with orig product info. i think I did well. Also has sold me walther pp, military issue colt ar15 (pre ban), general motors made.30 cal carbine, and more.
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
22961 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  10:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by llymphs

well spoken. yeah, it's quite worth it to me...also has high capacity mags and the night sights. same officer also GAVE me his police issue Glock model 22 with 7 high capacity mags and his issued ammo. good friend, huh?
what's your opinion of keeping glock since both are .40? broad question, but am interested in feedback.

I'd keep the Glock and sell the Sigma...if you are going to keep one and get sell one...

Glocks function ALOT better than the Sigma ever did...I carried a G22 for 5 yrs before we moved up to the G21sf...we never had a single issue with our G22s and 23s...however we had major issues in functioning of the Sigma in both the 9mm, and the .40E...

As a keeper you'll be able to put an enormous amount of rounds through that Glock....I am also biased...I've been a Glock Armorer and LE Firearms Instructor for 6 years, so I've been teaching Glocks to my people for that period of time....I love my Glocks...some here hate them, but I actually depend on one at work, and may have to depend on one for my life...others have the luxury to talk smack...I own several Glocks, and several other handguns and I'd put any of my Glocks up against any other handguns in terms of performance and reliability..but that's my opinion
Go to Top of Page

beantownshootah
Advanced Member

USA
13098 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  10:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a gazillion brand new in the box Sigma's in .40 listed on the auction site right now for $300.

Used ones run about $220-$280. Condition, exact model variation, and whether or not they have a spare mag affect the price.

Throw in another $75 for quality night sights, and maybe another $50 for the State police markings (which might make an otherwise non-collectible gun a little collectible) and your price of $360 seems fair, if not exceptional.

IMO, the Glock is the better gun, and if I had to keep one, I'd keep the Glock.

Go to Top of Page

32 Magnum

USA
818 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  11:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just out of curiosity, how does a Police Officer simply "give" you his department issued firearm?

Jim Hauff H&R Collector/Researcher
~ thanks to Bill Goforth, RIP my friend.
Go to Top of Page

llymphs
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  04:33:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The dept went to different sidearm and were allowed to keep previously issued pistol. Small town and guns are traded sold, gifted all the time.we have our own ass-kickin, highly effective sheriff's dept with a highly respected sheriff statewide. As a pharmacist I have a close relationship with the law. Got his issued ar-15 for $800! He loves me, I guess! Thanks for all of the info...a great help. By the way, we don't take any crap here in east TN!
Go to Top of Page

partisan
Advanced Member

6234 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  5:27:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you sure your friend isn't a gun runner? Just joking! IMO I would get rid of the SW40E and hang on to the Glock. Next time see if your friend can get you an XD. You'll probably replace the Glock when you fire the XD; I did!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page