GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 GUNSMOKE the Series
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zebra
Advanced Member

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  10:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted something last night about what actors were still alive on this series. Some of you said they were all dead except Buck Taylor.

This is what I've found:

Matt Dillon (James Arness is still Alive)

Doc Adams (Milburn Stone died in 1980)

Kitty Russel (Amanda Blake died in 1989)

Festus Hagen (Ken Kurtis died in 1991 and was also a singer)

Newly O'Brien (Buck Taylor is still alive)

Quint Asper from the B&W series (Burt Reynolds is still alive)

http://comp.uark.edu/~tsnyder/gunsmoke/gun-tvcast.html

Is this website current?

I Tivo two hours a day of Gunsmoke reruns and love this show, the different writers for this series had some very good imaginations and themes, as well as the producers of a show that lasted almost 20 years.

nunn
Administrator

USA
35782 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  10:57:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't know Ken Curtis had died. I liked him.

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Retired Texas Peace Officer/FFL Dealer

Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

My GunBroker auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=3012
Go to Top of Page

Fly Doctor
Advanced Member

4022 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  11:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I hated to lose ol' Festus, my blood brother.

He was a member of "The Sons of the Pioneers," I believe,
a traditional cowboy band in my grandma's time. I still
have an album or two by them that she had from her younger
days, buried with some other family odds, ends and antiquities.
Go to Top of Page

dfletcher
Advanced Member

USA
6472 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  11:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ken Curtis was one of my favorites, he was with the Tommy Dorsey band and replaced (or was supposed to) Frank Sinatra. I think the fact that he rode a jackass (or donkey) kind of influenced my liking for things a bit different.

Don't know if most remember, but Amanda Blake died of AIDS, Dennis Weaver played Chester and James Arness's brother is Peter Graves. Arness served in WWII and at Normandy. As he tells it, being tall he was encouraged to be first off the landing craft just in case the water was too deep.

Glenn Strange played the bartender Sam, he was also "Frankenstein" shortly after Karloff gave up the part.

dsf
Go to Top of Page

EVILDR235
Advanced Member

3021 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  12:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A cop that hangs out in a bar all day drinking beer with a whore,a pill pusher and a gimp.Sounds normal.Probably was a Democrat.

EvilDr235

Two types of people drive old cars.Rich people because they want to and poor people because they have to.
Go to Top of Page

get_involved

1698 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  02:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw James Arness interviewed by Bill OReilly a couple of months ago. He's really showing his age but still alive. He always seemed like a nice guy. Never heard anything bad about him.

FINALLY......a PAC Dedicated To SECURING OUR NATIONS BORDER!

TEAM AMERICA......a Political Action Committee that works for the American people instead of big business!

HELP ELECT PEOPLE WHO WILL WORK TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION:
http://www.teamamericapac.org/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16149 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  06:08:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zebra

I posted something last night about what actors were still alive on this series. Some of you said they were all dead except Buck Taylor.

This is what I've found:

Matt Dillon (James Arness is still Alive)

Doc Adams (Milburn Stone died in 1980)

Kitty Russel (Amanda Blake died in 1989)

Festus Hagen (Ken Kurtis died in 1991 and was also a singer)

Newly O'Brien (Buck Taylor is still alive)

Quint Asper from the B&W series (Burt Reynolds is still alive)

Is this website current?

I Tivo two hours a day of Gunsmoke reruns and love this show, the different writers for this series had some very good imaginations and themes, as well as the producers of a show that lasted almost 20 years.

You are right. I missread the wikki page I looked at. I never realized that most of what I thought to be death dates were in 1975 which was the year the show went off the air.

2nd A.C.R. Operation Desert Shield/Storm 1990-1991
U.S. Army Truck Drivers:
We may not be the Army's pride, but without us Truckers the pride don't ride!

Two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel.
One is the colors that fly high and proud
The red the white the blue
The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made
Donít Tread on Me is what it says and Iíll take that to my grave

My idea of Heaven is chasing White Tail Bucks!

Go to Top of Page

allen griggs
Advanced Member

USA
26788 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  06:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember my parents playing The Sons of the Pioneers on the record player when I was a kid in the fifties. Roy Rodgers was in that group.
They were great. Here they are singing "Cool Water."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taW5WBAlEeI&feature=related

I saw an interview with James Arness last year. As someone said, he is showing his age, but he is still sharp as a tack.
He is the most laid back actor I ever saw. He just stumbled into his career as a big tv star.
He is a Swede boy from Minnesota.
One day, a buddy of his told him they ought to go to California, you could lay around under the palm trees and you didn't have to shovel snow. Arness had no idea of being an actor.
So they drifted down to LA and got odd jobs. Arness began surfing, and by his own account, he became a beach bum. Arness loved the weather and laid-back lifestyle of southern California.
He was tall and good looking and people urged him to try out for a part in a movie. The first movie he tried out for, he got a speaking role!
Some people hang around LA for 20 years and never get a speaking role.
The point of a speaking role is, with a speaking role you get your Screen Actors Guild [SAG] card, and you get paid a lot of money! When you have your SAG card you have arrived!
Arness said that he missed a lot of auditions because he would rather surf and hang out on the beach than wait in line at an audition.
Arness became good friends with John Wayne. Wayne got Arness a fairly substantial role in his classic western Hondo.

Arness was a rising movie star in 1955 when the tv guys came up with Gunsmoke.
He had no interest at all in becoming Matt Dillon, he thought a tv role would ruin his career.
John Wayne urged him to take the role. As Arness told it in this interview, he respected John Wayne, and since Wayne thought it would be good for his career, he decided to take the role.
The first show of Gunsmoke started off with an introduction by John Wayne, here it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHVSCribt3U

Edited by - allen griggs on 09/30/2009 07:55:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

discusdad

USA
2313 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  07:19:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
didn't arness play the non-speaking role of the alien in the original "the Thing"?
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

20960 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  08:04:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
walked down to the local theater when i was just a kid & made it to the point where the ice block around the THING was melting & guy was sitting at table not paying any attention...one claw twitched & i zipped for home...what a hoot...can't remember if i have ever seen all of movie...
Go to Top of Page

bull300wsm
Advanced Member

2913 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  08:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dfletcher

Ken Curtis was one of my favorites, he was with the Tommy Dorsey band and replaced (or was supposed to) Frank Sinatra. I think the fact that he rode a jackass (or donkey) kind of influenced my liking for things a bit different.

One of my all time favorites. I named my horse after him (Festus) he is the buckskin in my profile picture. I always figured he wanted to ride Matts' horse instead of that mule. Anybody else remember the name of the mule?

Sorrow looks back... Worry looks around... Faith looks up...

Jesus Christ , Son of God, Creator of the Universe.

" Faith is not knowing what the future holds, but knowing who holds the future."

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16149 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  08:20:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bull300wsm

quote:

One of my all time favorites. I named my horse after him (Festus) he is the buckskin in my profile picture. I always figured he wanted to ride Matts' horse instead of that mule. Anybody else remember the name of the mule?

Ruth.

U.S. Army Truck Drivers:

Go to Top of Page

bull300wsm
Advanced Member

2913 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  08:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good job GRD we are showing our age I guess...Bull

" Faith is not knowing what the future holds, but knowing who holds the future."

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16149 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  08:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Good job GRD we are showing our age I guess...Bull

That and I watch the old reruns almost everyday on TVLand.

I also watch the reruns of Bonanza.

I wish they would bring back some of the others as well like Big Valley, Have Gun Will Travel, Ect.

U.S. Army Truck Drivers:

Go to Top of Page

fideau
Advanced Member

USA
7281 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  08:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gunsmoke was on radio before TV. William Conrad was the voice of Matt Dillon. He didn't have the looks to be the TV version.
Ken Curtis was around a long time, I remember him in the "Searchers" as the guitar playing dandy. After seeing him as Festus it was hard to believe he was the same guy. He was my favorite character on Gunsmoke, I really didn't care too much for Chester.
My dad would never miss two shows, Gunsmoke and Rawhide, or "Dillon" and "Favor" he always called them.

Jim

"This ain't Dodge City. And you ain't Bill Hickok."
Go to Top of Page

MMOMEQ-55
Advanced Member

USA
14105 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  08:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have watched every episode probably 10 times each. Another one of my favotites was the Rifleman. I still watch episodes of the Rifleman on Hulu.

The day you are born you are dying. Make every day count! -Johnny B.

"Love says I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person.
Abortion says I sacrifice the other person for the good of
myself..." -unknown

In essence many modern day, legally-sanctioned abortion clinics serve the same purpose as Auschwitz, Buchenwald, Dachhau and Hitler's other slaughterhouses, which exterminated an unwanted segment of the population. - Charlie Daniels
Go to Top of Page

bull300wsm
Advanced Member

2913 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  09:01:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My dad was in the saddle bronc riding in Cheyenne in the 60's and some of the cast of Gunsmoke were there on stage for a night show. My folks took our family to it and to see them in person was exciting....Bull

Go to Top of Page

BGHillbilly

USA
2217 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  09:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Don't know if most remember, but Amanda Blake died of AIDS, Dennis Weaver played Chester and James Arness's brother is Peter Graves. Arness served in WWII and at Normandy. As he tells it, being tall he was encouraged to be first off the landing craft just in case the water was too deep.

Glenn Strange played the bartender Sam, he was also "Frankenstein" shortly after Karloff gave up the part.

He rode a mule, which is only half jackass(donkey), but I guess it's ok to call it a donkey, after all we call the half white POTUS black.
Go to Top of Page

jpwolf
Advanced Member

USA
13054 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  10:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allen griggs

The first show of Gunsmoke started off with an introduction by John Wayne, here it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHVSCribt3U

Knew most of the other history pointed out here, but this one was a first. Thanks AG.

1)"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine
2)"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands of those who feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you. May posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams
3)The U.S. Constitution may not be perfect, but it's better than what we've got now. - Sandy Shaw
4)I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.-James Madison (welfare=vote buying)
5)Americans need never fear their government because of the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation.-James Madison
6)Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.-James Madison (2 gone, 3 is circling the drain in the form of a privilege...)

God grants rights, governments grant privileges. If it's taxed, regulated, or otherwise requires government involvement in ANY way, it's a privilege.

It is a fact, that a "Right" endowed by God, is not "open to negotiation" between mere men. So, why support the NRA's highly profitable backstabbing sellout agenda?

A people that values its privileges above its principles has no principles and will soon lose it's privilege's.
CA#9
Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24510 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  10:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buck Taylor (Newly) is an outstanding artist.

www.bucktaylor.com

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

allen griggs
Advanced Member

USA
26788 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  10:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a funny blooper from Gunsmoke, with guest star Margaret Hamilton, Wicked Witch of the East.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxlGwkM-P_s&feature=related
Go to Top of Page

Zebra
Advanced Member

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  10:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allen griggs

Here is a funny blooper from Gunsmoke, with guest star Margaret Hamilton, Wicked Witch of the East.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxlGwkM-P_s&feature=related

I remember the episode with Margaret Hamilton. That youtube post was hilarious! Thanks for posting that..
Go to Top of Page

Zebra
Advanced Member

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  10:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spider7115

Buck Taylor (Newly) is an outstanding artist.

www.bucktaylor.com

Thanks Spider! I didn't know Buck Taylor was an talented artist. I'm checking out his website rightnow.

There never was a good war or a bad peace....
Go to Top of Page

nunn
Administrator

USA
35782 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  11:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been told of a blooper that was not edited out of a Gunsmoke episode, and I would like very much to see it for myself. It involves a Zippo lighter left on the table or desk in the Marshal's office during a shot. Allegedly, it is there, then the camera cuts away, and is gone when the camera comes back.

GunBroker.com Moderator

Retired Texas Peace Officer/FFL Dealer

Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

My GunBroker auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=3012
Go to Top of Page

Fly Doctor
Advanced Member

4022 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  12:43:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

My dad was in the saddle bronc riding in Cheyenne in the 60's and some of the cast of Gunsmoke were there on stage for a night show. My folks took our family to it and to see them in person was exciting....Bull

Was that durin' Cheyenne Frontier Days, Bull?
Go to Top of Page

dfletcher
Advanced Member

USA
6472 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  12:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I liked the episodes with "Dirty Sally". Anyone remember who filled in for Milburn Stone - no Wikki....

dsf
Go to Top of Page

NOSLEEP
Advanced Member

Canada
3970 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  01:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gunsmoke, use to watch it with my Dad. That and Bonanza were his
favorites. Seen every episode great classics.

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not,
and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24510 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  11:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I liked the episodes with "Dirty Sally". Anyone remember who filled in for Milburn Stone - no Wikki....

I think Pat Hingle filled in when Doc went "back east" to study modern medical techniques.

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

Ambrose

1823 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  2:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
discusdad: TITLE role sounds better than non-speaking role in "The Thing".

spasmcreek: I think I saw that movie with my Dad--running out when I got scared was not an option. I have a favorite line from that movie: Near the end, when they are trying to electricute the alien and the alien is cautiously approaching them, one guy says, "I just had a thought--what if he can read our minds?!" The other guy says, "If he can, when he gets to me he's gonna' be awful mad!"
Go to Top of Page

storm6490
Advanced Member

8138 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  2:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Show. Used to watch that with my dad growing up. That and Wild Wild West.

What the heck happened to Wild Wild West?

Go to Top of Page

Fly Doctor
Advanced Member

4022 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  2:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spider7115

quote:

I think Pat Hingle filled in when Doc went "back east" to study modern medical techniques.

Yep, same guy who played the judge in "Hang 'Em High."
Go to Top of Page

e3mrk

1814 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  3:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about Chester played by Dennis Weaver?
Go to Top of Page

HavegunJoe

USA
1561 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  4:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill O'Reilly had James Arnes on his segment of American Icons about a year or so ago. It was good to see him.

MN Permit to Carry & NRA First Steps Instructor

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Go to Top of Page

fideau
Advanced Member

USA
7281 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  4:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat Hingle, what a great character actor. He was living around the Carolina Beach area a few years ago. I think he passed away.

Jim

"This ain't Dodge City. And you ain't Bill Hickok."
Go to Top of Page

countryfarmer
Advanced Member

USA
3741 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  6:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know the name of the Bonanza episode where Hoss is Sheriff of this small town for several days? I remember there was a group of 2-3 people that keep trying to beat him up and every time he got the best of them.
Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24510 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  6:24:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by countryfarmer

Anyone know the name of the Bonanza episode where Hoss is Sheriff of this small town for several days? I remember there was a group of 2-3 people that keep trying to beat him up and every time he got the best of them.

"A lawman's lot is not a happy one" 10/5/69 (Season 11, Episode 4)

When Sheriff Roy Coffee and Ben are subpoenaed to testify in a land sharking trial in San Francisco, Hoss is appointed the acting sheriff of Virginia City. Hoss soon finds plenty of trouble on his hands, namely dealing reluctant bridegroom Hiram Peabody, who wants to get arrested so as to avoid an impending marriage to an undesirable woman (whom has been his pen pal and has never met in person). He also must deal with a smooth-talking salesman who plans to sell shares in a planned resort in Virginia City.

"A real nice, friendly little town" 11/27/66 (Season 8, Episode 12)

Special Deputy Hoss goes in search of the gunman who shot Little Joe, tangling with testy townsfolk, two crafty brothers, and their mother, who is more interested in protecting her sons than seeing justice done.

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Edited by - Spider7115 on 10/01/2009 6:33:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

countryfarmer
Advanced Member

USA
3741 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  6:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TY, I knew someone here would have the answer.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Barrister
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  1:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zebra

Is this website current?

No, it's terribly outdated. For example, Dennis Weaver (Chester) died in 2006.
Go to Top of Page

Cornflk1

USA
2336 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  2:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James Arnes was shot up a Anzio during WW2, spent several months in the hospital and walks with a slight limp.

Dennis Weaver was a standout in collegiate track and field and just missed making the US Olympic team. He was a fighter pilot in the Pacific.

Google their names and you can get all finds of info.
Go to Top of Page

gruntled
Advanced Member

8904 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  2:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fideau

Gunsmoke was on radio before TV. William Conrad was the voice of Matt Dillon. He didn't have the looks to be the TV version.

That was one of my favorite radio programs.
http://www.archive.org/details/Gunsmoke
Go to Top of Page

burdz19
Advanced Member

Lithuania
3063 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  2:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

James Arnes' is Peter Graves brother......... just wanted to add that, found out after I called wikipedia (My Dad) to quiz him on the stuff you guys had posted.

Very cool thread, learned a lot of useless (my kind) of junk

Brian

It's a happy enchilada and you think you're gonna drown

"God sent dogs to earth to teach humans how to love." allen griggs
Go to Top of Page

beneteau
Advanced Member

5715 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  2:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

2002 interview with James Arness---->here

An armed society is a polite society
Go to Top of Page

Freedom First

USA
494 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  6:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Three more great ones:

The High Chaparral
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu4g-N8bQKE

The Virginian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWet2qgieVc

The lone Ranger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxIuIxqo2So

The term "Illegal Aliens" will no longer be tolerated. Henceforth they will be referred to as undocumented Democrats.

When they POOF the truth you know you have hit your mark.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT
GONE MAN!
Go to Top of Page

45long

USA
1394 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  7:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thx for that initial link. I am watching the James Arness interview now. Outstanding. I am recovering from surgery and this will really help pass the time.
Go to Top of Page

searcher5
Advanced Member

USA
8769 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  8:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check this one out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWR6FLnPack

NRA Life Member

Moderator for the best Old West Forum on the net-
http://www.wildwestforum.com/wwforum/index.php

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

45long

USA
1394 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  12:03:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know who said it but Miss Kitty did not die of AIDS.

Blake died on August 16, 1989 at Mercy General Hospital in Sacramento, California of oral cancer.[3] The exact cause of Blakeís death is unclear. It was widely reported in the news media that she had died of AIDS and had contracted HIV.[5] According to her doctor, Sacramento, California internist Dr. Lou Nishimura, she had throat cancer at the time of her death. Her death certificate, however, listed the immediate cause as cardiopulmonary arrest due to liver failure and CMV hepatitis.
Go to Top of Page

mouse
Advanced Member

3631 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  12:39:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the great trivia everyone. Great thread.
Loved those tv westerns.
Go to Top of Page

charlie15

USA
827 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  12:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Ruth!!

"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."- Winston Churchill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYHb4tzcBME&feature=related
Go to Top of Page

JamesRK
Advanced Member

USA
21424 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  01:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by e3mrk

Thatís what I was going to ask, but since you beat me to it I had to look it up. According to Wikipedia he died 24 February 2006 at the age of 81.

He was Chester Goode on TV, but on the radio Chesterís last name was Proudfoot.

Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24510 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  07:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JamesRK

quote:
Originally posted by e3mrk

Thatís what I was going to ask, but since you beat me to it I had to look it up. According to Wikipedia he died 24 February 2006 at the age of 81.

He was Chester Goode on TV, but on the radio Chesterís last name was Proudfoot.

Howard McNear ("Floyd the barber" on the Andy Griffith Show) played Doc Adams on the radio.

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Edited by - Spider7115 on 10/18/2009 08:55:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page