GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 US Military Veteran Forum - Gulf Wars
 How to request incident report for IED attack
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

troy2198
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  06:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering how you would be able to get the official report of an IED attack. I was wounded in 06 and I am very curious to see what they managed to find out about what hit me and my truck. Also any idea on how to find out who was part of the cash hospital team that treated me? Would love to be able to thank the people who worked on me. Any information or places to start would be greatly appreciated.

kernel65

51 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2009 :  09:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What was the date and where was the hospital?
Go to Top of Page

CbtEngr01
Advanced Member

USA
3441 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2010 :  07:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The BN battle space owner's OPS SGM and OPS officer.

Go to Top of Page

idsman75
Advanced Member

USA
14810 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  8:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CbtEngr01

The BN battle space owner's OPS SGM and OPS officer.

If they're even assigned to that BN anymore.
Go to Top of Page

NavyCPO
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2011 :  8:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it depends on where you were and what controlling command was running the show. CENTCOM Baghdad had a unit that was called JCCS-1 I was attached to them as a EWO Electronics Warfare Officer responsible for the programming and maintaining all IED/EFP jamming equipment (2 tours in Iraq)

The chief
Go to Top of Page

cce1302
Advanced Member

USA
9720 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  2:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see that this post is a few months old, but in 2005, we kept a database on the sipr that recorded the official report of every IED attack in the Al Anbar province. Don't know about the hospitals. Talk to someone in the IED task force, or an intel guy that can snoop around for you. (I'm not advocating that you do anything illegal. Ensure that anything you take from high side is declassified.
Go to Top of Page

nards444
Flaming Liberal

USA
4436 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  7:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dude that stuff would be hard to get I mean that stuff is carried on SIPR networks and that stuff gets wiped from deployment to deployment. You could probably obtain your medical records though
Go to Top of Page

SGMBalz

409 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  3:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Contact your congressman, the military will respond to his staff, faster than they will to you. I will bet you that the incident report is archived somewhere or destroyed, as it is classified info.

" This here, sure is a fine shooting army gun" Alvin C York
Question: How do you starve a liberal? Answer: hide his food stamps under his work shoes!
Go to Top of Page

Engineer88

72 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  4:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck.

We saved all that stuff on the SIPR. Most of which was wiped after we left. Those reports went from Platoon - Company - Battalion - Brigade - Land Owner. I'm not sure what the land owner does with them after the fact.

If you were treated in a hospital they should have a DTG of what happened. That'd be the best way.

You'd probably have to get your congressmen involved. None of the folks that handled that report would still be in that unit.
Go to Top of Page

nards444
Flaming Liberal

USA
4436 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  11:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
incident reports also arent going necessarily name names or persons per say. Ont top of that its not like its some official document. Some E5 or battle captain just whipped most of those up.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page