GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 DSA has complete AR15 uppers for $275
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drobs
Advanced Member

USA
20245 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  11:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heads up. (Minus Bolt and Charging handle)
http://www.dsarms.com/products.asp?dept=59

Just placed my order.

My Auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=818233

bhale187
Advanced Member

USA
7356 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  12:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not the configuration I waant, but a good price. BTW, Del ton has 'mil spec' AR bolts for $110, and spike's has charging handles on sale for $18 right now.

$403+shipping for complete upper ain't bad at all.

DISCLAIMER: My views, opinions and postings are personal and are not representative of my profession, agency, or any other entity.
Go to Top of Page

drobs
Advanced Member

USA
20245 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  12:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bhale187

not the configuration I waant, but a good price. BTW, Del ton has 'mil spec' AR bolts for $110, and spike's has charging handles on sale for $18 right now.

$403+shipping for complete upper ain't bad at all.

I had them toss in a complete bolt assembly for for $125 but forgot the charging handle. Might have to call em back up.

Go to Top of Page

dfletcher
Advanced Member

USA
6515 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  1:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shoot - cheap uppers and $90.00 Stag lowers. I guess the AR shortage is officially over.

dsf
Go to Top of Page

bigtire
Advanced Member

USA
9261 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  1:09:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not get a complete parts kit from Blackthorne for $389. All parts except the stripped lower. Blackthorne got a bad name early on but I have never had problems with them.

An evil tree bears evil fruit. You can destroy as much fruit as you want, but it will always grow back, and it will always be evil.Tear the tree out of the ground by the roots and burn it. Burn it to ash and grind out the embers with your boot until there's nothing left. Not a single spark. Not a single seed.

Go to Top of Page

legear
Advanced Member

USA
5604 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  1:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did you check to see if there is a backlog?

I had a 24" upper on order from Model 1 sales, I was told a it was a backlog of 2 months. It turned into 6 months and took me 2 months to get someone to give me a update on the order.

"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
CHIEF JUSTICE JOHN MARSHALL
Marbury vs. Madison

Go to Top of Page

1911a1-fan
Advanced Member

Chile
31396 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  2:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drobs

Just placed my order.

looking forward to a review

bhale do you mean bolt and carrier?

quote:
Originally posted by nunn

PLEASE...Will all of you who carry a 1911, chamber loaded, hammer down, unload it, leave it home, and carry something else.

Condition 2 is the most dangerous condition for a 1911. In that condition, it can fire if dropped. I refer to those without the Colt Series 80 passive firing pin safety.

Condition 1 is the way to go. If that makes you nervous, carry chamber empty or get a Glock.

FOR SALE RED GHOST PEPPERS, AKA: BHUT JOLOKIA, ALL 1,000,000
+ SCOVILLE

http://www.GunBroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=98146
Go to Top of Page

bhale187
Advanced Member

USA
7356 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  2:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigtire

Why not get a complete parts kit from Blackthorne for $389. All parts except the stripped lower. Blackthorne got a bad name early on but I have never had problems with them.

blackthorne is vulcan, I would avoid them regardless of price.

DISCLAIMER: My views, opinions and postings are personal and are not representative of my profession, agency, or any other entity.
Go to Top of Page

bhale187
Advanced Member

USA
7356 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  2:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1911a1fan

quote:
Originally posted by drobs

Just placed my order.

looking forward to a review

bhale do you mean bolt and carrier?

Yes, del-ton has bolt and carrier assembly for $110

Go to Top of Page

JustC

15001 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  2:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what is the quality like??? how can they sell an M4 upper assembly (minus bolt/bc/ch) for $275??

applying physics over great expanses,...gotta love the long shots

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Go to Top of Page

bhale187
Advanced Member

USA
7356 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  3:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JustC

what is the quality like??? how can they sell an M4 upper assembly (minus bolt/bc/ch) for $275??

Calguns and ar 15.com have got good forum user reviews on them. The only complaint I have heard on them is that they do not use m4 feed ramps-they use the A3 ramps.

Go to Top of Page

Mossbergboogie
Advanced Member

USA
12843 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  3:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DSA is answering there phone again Yay!

"There are few people who are more often in the wrong than those who cannot endure to be so." Francois De La Rochefoucauld

I know who I am and who I was. Who I am is always better than who I was.

"In a world where our [political] choices are limited to John Boehner and Nancy Pelosi, the survivors envy the dead," matt welch and nick gillespie The Declaration of Independants
Go to Top of Page

bhale187
Advanced Member

USA
7356 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  3:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mossbergboogie

DSA is answering there phone again Yay!

probably won't last long, everytime they have a sale on the uppers they get backed up for weeks.

Go to Top of Page

bigtire
Advanced Member

USA
9261 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  3:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bigtire

blackthorne is vulcan, I would avoid them regardless of price.

Like I said. I have built several rifles with no problems.

An evil tree bears evil fruit. You can destroy as much fruit as you want, but it will always grow back, and it will always be evil.Tear the tree out of the ground by the roots and burn it. Burn it to ash and grind out the embers with your boot until there's nothing left. Not a single spark. Not a single seed.

Go to Top of Page

JustC

15001 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  5:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Calguns and ar 15.com have got good forum user reviews on them. The only complaint I have heard on them is that they do not use m4 feed ramps-they use the A3 ramps.

OK, so what disadvantage is there in having A3 ramps?? Can they be modified by a gunsmith??

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

MVP
Advanced Member

Equatorial Guinea
21965 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  5:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

OK, so what disadvantage is there in having A3 ramps?? Can they be modified by a gunsmith??

The DSA upper for this price is the lightweight barrel version. There is no dissadvantage to the standard feed ramp cuts but people feel the M4 cuts are an advantage.
You would be better off buying an upper with the M4 feed ramps already cut rather than buy one without just to pay someone to recut M4 ramps into the barrel/upper assembly. It wouldn't be cost effective to buy one configuration and have it changed when there are good deals on M4 heavy barrels with the M4 ramps already cut.

Edited by - MVP on 10/19/2009 5:45:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

bhale187
Advanced Member

USA
7356 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  5:46:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MVP

quote:

quote:

quote:

The DSA upper for is the lightweight barrel version. There is no dissadvantage to the standard feed ramp cuts but people feel the M4 cuts are an advantage.
You would be better off buying an upper with the M4 feed ramps already cut rather than buy one without just to pay someone to recut M4 ramps into the barrel/upper assembly. It wouldn't be cost effective to buy one configuration and have it changed when there are good deals on M4 heavy barrels with the M4 ramps already cut.

+1 to all of that. I don't think the m4 ramps have proven to be any advantage over the A3 ramps. They have a little longer and different angle, but I don't know of any type of analysis showing the m4 ramps feed better.

Go to Top of Page

cwi555

USA
1156 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  6:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By any road you choose to get there by; AR's can in fact be had for under 600 bucks for standard configuration.

There were several people on this forum that told me I was full of chit when I stated they would be under 600 soon (2 months I believe at the time).

I'll make another statement at this time.
500 should be the bottom. Anything less than that your running a risk of substandard parts.

Any company needs to make a profit to survive, (unless your on the government/tax payer teat)so buyer beware if your getting it < 500.
Go to Top of Page

MVP
Advanced Member

Equatorial Guinea
21965 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  6:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wholesale prices has not changed throughout the whole obama scare buying frenzy.
An AR could be assembled for 500.00 before the scare and has remained constant until now. The wholesalers are getting the parts cheaper than that.

Go to Top of Page

1911a1-fan
Advanced Member

Chile
31396 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  7:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i bought a complete dpms m4 upper for 425 a few gun shows ago from these guys

http://www.mapartsinc.com/

m4 vs rifle cuts has been a debate, i dont see how the extra length and 7 degree angle extra could hurt, it was designed for full auto fire, so rapid fire could benefit, and may benefit a faulty magazine

i will not buy a receiver that has m4 cuts after the anodizing, or cut them , i think it defeats the hardness of anodizing aluminium and exposes that part to a softer aluminium

quote:

PLEASE...Will all of you who carry a 1911, chamber loaded, hammer down, unload it, leave it home, and carry something else.

Condition 2 is the most dangerous condition for a 1911. In that condition, it can fire if dropped. I refer to those without the Colt Series 80 passive firing pin safety.

Condition 1 is the way to go. If that makes you nervous, carry chamber empty or get a Glock.

+ SCOVILLE

Go to Top of Page

bigtire
Advanced Member

USA
9261 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  8:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MVP

Wholesale prices has not changed throughout the whole obama scare buying frenzy.
An AR could be assembled for 500.00 before the scare and has remained constant until now. The wholesalers are getting the parts cheaper than that.

+1

Go to Top of Page

cwi555

USA
1156 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  8:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is not a constant. The difference between then and now is felt in the value of the dollar. If your a wholesaler good for you, but I refer to the average customer. I will stand by the 500 dollar bottom price warning.

quote:
Originally posted by MVP

Go to Top of Page

JustC

15001 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  9:28:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1911a1fan

i bought a complete dpms m4 upper for 425 a few gun shows ago from these guys

http://www.mapartsinc.com/

how come they don't list a manufacturer for the uppers?? can you request DPMS for their prices?? I need another upper,..or two

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

drobs
Advanced Member

USA
20245 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  11:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dagnambit! Got a new copy of Shotgun News and I see DS Arms has added a chrome lined m4 upper + a mid length fluted barrel nitride coated upper.

Thinking I need the mid-lenght upper to go with this one:

by the by the DSA uppers have M4 cut ramps.

Edited by - drobs on 01/05/2010 11:47:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

LIKTOSHOOT

1457 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  12:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess it`s deal, maybe? It is not complete as it lacks the charging handle and bolt carrier assembly AND a chrome barrel and chamber.
So.
$275.00 Upper
$145.00 Lowend non-chrome bolt carrier/chrome add $40.00
$16.00 charging handle
$40.00 Chrome lined barrel/chamber

Total.$476.00 deduct $40.00 chrome lined
or add $40.00 chrome bolt.
$436.00 low or $496.00 loaded.

I just bought a complete rifle kit for $535.00 it inculdes
everything sans the lower receiver, but does contain all the parts to build a complete receiver, so add $100.00 lower and get a complete rifle.
Total $635.00
Maybe a deal for some.

LTS
Go to Top of Page

armilite
Advanced Member

British Indian Ocean Territories
28208 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  4:24:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

JustC

9644 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 : 2:42:21 PM

That is not that great of a deal. When you add the price of a complete bolt carrier and charging handle to a plain jane light barreled upper. Your well over $400 and you still have a plane jane upper. When most of the uppers get down into that price range only then will it be better.

Kill the Head and the Body Will Follow.
New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator

They made penicillin from moldy bread so there is hope for you.

There is no situation that you can not get yourself out of with the proper amount of explosives.

G19

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=190228">My Stuff for Sale at GunBroker.com

Go to Top of Page

1911a1-fan
Advanced Member

Chile
31396 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  4:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by drobs

Dagnambit! Got a new copy of Shotgun News and I see DS Arms has added a chrome lined m4 upper + a mid length fluted barrel nitride coated upper.

Thinking I need the mid-lenght upper to go with this one:

by the by the DSA uppers have M4 cut ramps.
[/quot]

i would rather have a chromoly steel barrel than a chrome lined in an ar

quote:

+ SCOVILLE

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page