GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 "ARMADILLO" Blue wonder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

26702 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2002 :  5:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, Been about two weeks since I received the sample of "ARMADILLO" from Blue wonder,

Applied it to my completly dry 1911A1, all over, including the inside of the slide, and the Magazine..

When firing, the slide seems to work easier than it does with other gun lubes, and releasing the mag, WOW, kinda jumps out at ya. This stuff is SLICK, and offers good protection agains moisture, IE Rain, DEW, or normal Humidity.. GOOD Stuff

I recommend it for all your firearms,, PS Works great on wood stocks also, as I put some on an old Hamilton .22 rifle,, made the stock shine, and look good..

Lr

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"

muley

USA
1647 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2002 :  6:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Classic....If you will permit me, I'd like to use your post to second your opinion of Armadillo. I used my sample to wax up my old Winchester 38-40 from top to bottom. It probably hasn't looked better or has been better protected against the elements since it came off the line in 1892. Good product. I'll be stocking up when it hits the market....

muley

************MERRY CHRISTMAS************
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

26702 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2002 :  6:56:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And remember the slogan "A Little dab-a-do-ya, well this stuff goes a long way, seems as if I barely touched the sample. and did two complete guns.

I dont know the price of the product yet, but at any reasonable cost, I would highly recommend it..

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"

Go to Top of Page

elect1mike
Advanced Member

USA
3429 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2002 :  6:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too want to use this forum to add my 2 cents about this
product. I used it on my rifle before going to Kansas to
deer hunt and even tho a light mist was in the air the moisture
beaded up on the wood of my rifle and just needed a quick wipe
after taking in to dry. The bolt also seemed to work better.

col elect1mike Illinois
volinters RRG
O give me a home where no democrats roam
Go to Top of Page

wundudnee
Advanced Member

6151 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2002 :  7:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was very impressed. I did 4 rifles and still have some left. I did a thumbtrigger Winchester that is nearly totally browned and it shined up looking better than it ever has since I've had it. Good product!

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.

Go to Top of Page

kgnovum

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2002 :  2:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To all - Thanks for the replies!! So far it all looks positive and plans are shaping up to market this product by mid-2003. We have had several comments on the product being kind of "dry" and even flakey and messy in some cases. We can make it a little "creamier" but have to keep it dry to get the dry, hard type finish that we want.

You can use a damp cloth (wet one and then ring it out) to apply it. This adds moisture back and makes it easier to apply and then it still dries out to the finish that we want. Maybe this will work better for some of you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page