GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Lead Bullets in Remington 7400
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

travis3

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  6:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone tried hard Cast Bullets in the Rem model 7400 semi- auto 30-06? How did it work out and what load and bullet are you using. How about problems with the gas port etc. ?

dcs shooters
Advanced Member

Turkmenistan
10622 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  11:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not a good idea to use lead bullets in a gas operated semi-auto. You will plug up the gas port. It might take a while, but will happen.
I've had the Remingtons apart, and the port is very small, and would be very hard to clean out.

Dick
NRA Endowment Member

Don't mess with old guys. they are too old to fight, too fat to run, so their only choice is to kill you.

You can't fix STUPID, but you can vote it OUT !!!!

If Obama is the answer, it is a very stupid question!

OBAMA, HE'S OUR NUMBER ONE GUN SALESMAN !!

quote:
Political Correctness is a doctorine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by a mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Edited by - dcs shooters on 11/16/2009 11:26:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

jonk
Advanced Member

9525 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  09:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't speak to the Remington, but I have shot plenty of cast lead out of my M1 with no trouble. Also I shoot exclusively lead in my M1 carbine. About 3000 rounds so far, no problem.

The gas port leading issue CAN be an issue yes. A good hard bullet with proper fit and good lube not hot-rodded (limited to under 2000fps) will probably not have issue. But I can't promise you that. Just MY experience.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page