GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Rohm RG 14
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ryans63
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  07:56:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just picked up a RG 14, it was givin to me so the price was right. Only problem is that it was completely disassembled. I've found only two or three parts diagrams but they are of no use as instructions on how to put it back together. Normally most parts lists show where everything goes and even in what order. I am for someone with a RG 14 and if they could take the side cover off and email me some pics showing the guts of the gun. Thank you

Ryan Joseph Stephens

gunnut505
Advanced Member

6538 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  08:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's gonna look a lot like a S&W revolver without the sideplate.
There's a spring to hold the trigger return rod, a coupla posts to sit stuff on, and a lotta toolmarks that show where NOT to put things.
Wish I had a photobucket account; I'd show you dozens of Rohm, RG, Marx and Keucher(sp) innards.

"Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit" --OVID

"It never hurts to help!"--EEEK the Cat
Go to Top of Page

Sawz
Advanced Member

5053 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  08:10:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had an RG .22 once the only weapon Ive ever had that could shoot two feet to the left at 50 yards

-----------------------

May the weasels of wisdom
gnaw on your ignorance

Edited by - Sawz on 12/25/2009 08:11:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

ryans63
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  08:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sawz

I had an RG .22 once the only weapon Ive ever had that could shoot two feet to the left at 50 yards

That helps me in no way, but still its funny:D

Ryan Joseph Stephens
Go to Top of Page

Warpig883
Advanced Member

Azores
5859 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  09:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Rohm firearms are worth more as parts guns.

This is not an outrageous signature.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11503 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  09:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did you try numrich arms? they might have a diagram on line
Go to Top of Page

ryans63
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  09:37:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by gunnut505

There's a spring to hold the trigger return rod, a coupla posts to sit stuff on, and a lotta toolmarks that show where NOT to put things.
Wish I had a photobucket account; I'd show you dozens of Rohm, RG, Marx and Keucher(sp) innards.
quote]

photobucket's are free , i have no idea where things go. Obviously I know how to do certain things, train them.

Ryan Joseph Stephens
Go to Top of Page

ryans63
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  09:40:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gunnut505

Phone

Ryan Joseph Stephens
Go to Top of Page

Captplaid
Advanced Member

USA
17584 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  09:46:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sawz

They are a fun gun.

Obama believes he can tax your breathing.

Liberty isn't free. It is paid in blood. -Thomas Jefferson

Does anyone remember what the Boston Tea Party was about?
Go to Top of Page

11b6r
Advanced Member

USA
13018 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  10:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would seriously suggest you not put it back together. If you do, you might attempt to fire it. Get some clear casting resin and a form, and make a really cool paper weight or book end- or a door stop. They make much better paperweight than guns. Not heavy enough to be used as a boat anchor.

"Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine."
Go to Top of Page

oldgunman

USA
1829 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  11:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warpig883

The Rohm firearms are worth more as parts guns.

This is probably true. They seem to be a real cheap firearm. Don't seem to carry much value at all and not very dependable. Will look to see if I can find any instructions to help you though.

-Oldgunman-
Go to Top of Page

mark christian
Administrator

Panama
18938 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  11:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Full instruction and photos of the entire process can be found on pages 340-350 of the Gun Digest Book Firearms Assembly/Disassembly, Part Two (Revolvers) 2nd Edition. Here is a scan of the page which shows what the internals are supposed to look like when properly assembled.

If you want to stop by with the pistol tonight, look at the book and have a few drinks you are welcome to do so (I live in SoCal).
Go to Top of Page

ryans63
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  04:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark christian

Full instruction and photos of the entire process can be found on pages 340-350 of the Gun Digest Book Firearms Assembly/Disassembly, Part Two (Revolvers) 2nd Edition. Here is a scan of the page which shows what the internals are supposed to look like when properly assembled.

If you want to stop by with the pistol tonight, look at the book and have a few drinks you are welcome to do so (I live in SoCal).

Thank you much, I live in Iowa, but that was exactly what I needed. Thanks again!!!

Ryan Joseph Stephens
Go to Top of Page

fideau
Advanced Member

USA
7205 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  10:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You must learn things by experience so have fun with the RG. It will benefit you to see how things work.
You will learn what most of us old guys know already.
It is junk. It is dangerous. The best thing to do with one is smash it with a large hammer.

But we all probably had one or two in the past. I remember when they were $14.95 new. Couldn't resist buying one or two. It will shoot over here and over there and one down the barrel and one out the cylinder. It's the gun you want the mugger to have when you pull your Sig on his azz. It's what started the "Saturday Night Special" crap. It wears out quickly so be careful it you try to shoot it that the cylinder is somewhat aligned with the barrel or you will get lead in your eyes. Don't let anyone stand beside you if you shoot it.

Jim

"This ain't Dodge City. And you ain't Bill Hickok."
Go to Top of Page

SCOUT5
Advanced Member

8794 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  10:19:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had a couple of RG pistols. One was a 32lc with a 6" barrel. Surprisingly it was fairly accurate. It was also the only handgun I ever got my ex to shoot and hit anything with. I kept it loaded in an elctronic gun box for her to use if needed. Of course when I asked her to open the box, she couldn't remember how. Oh well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page