GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Browning BT 99 value?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bull300wsm
Advanced Member

2939 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  12:51:15 PM  Show Profile
I stopped at one of our local pawn shops this morning and they had a BT 99 for sale. It looked to me to be in about 90% or better condition and came with the Browning hardcase. I don't have pics but does anyone have an idea of what this is worth? They were asking $600 out the door...thanks...bull

Sorrow looks back... Worry looks around... Faith looks up...

Jesus Christ , Son of God, Creator of the Universe.

" Faith is not knowing what the future holds, but knowing who holds the future."

eastbank
Advanced Member

3703 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  1:40:02 PM  Show Profile
you might offer 500-550, but it is worth more than the 600 they are asking if its in good con. eastbank.
Go to Top of Page

22hipower

USA
578 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  3:07:55 PM  Show Profile
For whatever its worth, ran in to a guy at a gunshow last weekend walking around with a BT99 in nice condition with a Browning hard case. He wanted $900 which I thought was a decent price if you need a trap gun. I would think one in 90% condition would be worth $600. . . .again, if you need a trap gun. Check the auction side for recent sales.
Go to Top of Page

bull300wsm
Advanced Member

2939 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  3:23:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks guys , I don't really need it but it seems like too good of a deal to pass up...I'll have to think about it...bull

" Faith is not knowing what the future holds, but knowing who holds the future."

Go to Top of Page

pitjeep

273 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  3:56:36 PM  Show Profile
wish i could find that here. was it 34 inch barrel with invector plus chokes? if so that is a very good price. if you dnot want it do they ship. pm me if you like.
Go to Top of Page

Odawgp
Advanced Member

USA
4986 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  3:58:40 PM  Show Profile
check to make sure it has removable chokes (they may or may not have made a 99 with fixed choke)

And make sure the ejector works!

if all that checks out I'd buy it and sell it for 900 on the other side

Gunnison Sportsmens Association
"Live Free or Die"
USPSA #A68337
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
Go to Top of Page

bull300wsm
Advanced Member

2939 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  4:10:41 PM  Show Profile
I'm noy sure of the chokes but I did notice it was made in Japan. Does that make a difference in what it is worth?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15445 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  4:39:18 PM  Show Profile
Taken from the Browning site...

Question:
Where are Browning firearms manufactured?
Answer:

Browning firearms have been traditionally made in locations world-wide. John M. Browning's first rifle, the Single Shot, was made in Ogden, Utah. The next guns carrying the Browning name were made in Belgium. This continued for many decades. This was the result of John M. Browning's lasting relationship with Fabrique Nationale, in Herstal, Belgium. Most Browning guns were made in Belgium by F.N. until the mid '70s when some production was shifted to Miroku in Japan. Today's Browning firearms are made in either Belgium, Portugal, Japan or in the United States. With some exceptions this is the breakout:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browning Firearm Manufacturers

Belgium
Superposed

Belgium (assembled in Portugal)
Gold 12 and 20 ga. shotguns Silver shotgun, Maxus shotgun, Hi-Power Pistol, FN Pistols, BAR Mark II Safari Rifle, and BAR Shorttrac and Longtrac rifles.

Italy
The BDA 380 Autoloading pistol

Japan
Citori, Cynergy, BLR Lightweight, BLR Lightweight '81, A-Bolt II, X-Bolt, BT-99, BL-22 Rifle, Auto-22 Rifle, T-Bolt, BPS (all), and Gold 10 ga.

United States
Buck Mark Pistols and rifles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The tradition of making Browning sporting firearms overseas was started with John M. Browning's Auto-5 semi-automatic shotgun design being produced by Fabrique Nationale in Belgium. Production on many of the models made in Belgium shifted to Miroku in Japan in the mid-70's due to significant cost increases in Belgium.

We at Browning consider ourselves an worldwide company. We are proud of our tradition of producing the world's best firearms at the worlds best factories -- where ever they be.

If your question still remains unanswered, please call our Consumer Department directly at: 800.333.3288 or 801.876.2711
Go Back

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
Go to Top of Page

bull300wsm
Advanced Member

2939 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  5:59:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks BR , some great info...bull

Go to Top of Page

grizzclaw

1102 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  6:33:54 PM  Show Profile
The BT 99s were all made in Japan, the older one's had fixed chokes and ejectors, the newer one's have choke tubes and extractors. $600. is a good price in the condition you described.

Thanks, Grizz

tribefans@sssnet.com

Go to Top of Page

mrs102

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  9:35:12 PM  Show Profile
I picked up a two barrel BT 99 for my kid two years ago at a gun show; 34" & 32", fixed chokes, full & mod (I think). Probably a 85-90% gun for $650. No hard case for it and that's been a tough find; lots of single barrel cases around. Another fella at the same show had a solid 95% BT for $900 with one barrel. It was prettier but the two barrel gun won the day. $600 sounds like a good deal. Check the hinge for tightness.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page