GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 NOBLE model 235 .22 pump rifle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HANK159
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  5:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found this rifle in a garbage can. It's rusted and in bad shape. I should throw it back in the garbage. but the manufacture NOBLE MFG.CO. INC. Haydenville, MASS. Model 235 .22cal S-L-LR Sparked my curiosity. Can anyone give me a history lesson? None are listed on GunBroker.

mark christian
Administrator

Panama
19271 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  6:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nobel was better known for their shotguns, but they had an entire line of .22 rifles: Pump, bolt action and lever action and they all looked pretty much like the same basic rifle, but with a different action. I think the 235 was introduced in around 1950 and they were still selling into the early '70s. I think the 235 sold for about fifty bucks before it was discontinued. There is nothing wrong with these rifles, they have no collector value, but they shoot just fine so if you can somehow get the gun to work then go ahead and enjoy it...The price was sure right!

Edited by - mark christian on 01/29/2010 6:14:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15851 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  7:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nobel was located in New England and was in business between the early 50's and early 70's, when they were bought out by Smith & Wesson.

Most of the .22 rifles and shotguns they made, were inexpensive utility grade guns. You might check the Gun Parts Corp's on-line catalog. At one time they had a lot of parts for guns made by Nobel in it.

Go to Top of Page

Morris Haviland 3rd
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  5:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a pump 235 that i used with my father as a boy it has stayed in excellent condition over a course of 40 years it has put many a rabbits in my crock pot if you dont know how to disasemble weapons i dont suggest you try taking this weapon apart i can still take a can at 100 yards with the original sights ruged but fully functional :)
Go to Top of Page

oiu789
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  3:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hank If this gun is not repairable I would be interested
in buying the front sight,screw and nut. Or all of it for
parts.

Edited by - oiu789 on 02/03/2012 3:52:28 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page