GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Scam-National Association for Gun Rights
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tr fox
Advanced Member

USA
15720 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  03:48:01 AM  Show Profile
A few weeks ago I started getting emails from a supposely pro-gun rights organization called "National Association for Gun Rights" (NAGR) apparently headed up by a Dudley Brown. At first I thought, since I had never heard of this organization, I thought "great! We can use another national, aggressive pro-gun rights organization. So I started paying close attention to their frequent emails, with the intention of providing what support I could for NAGR. But I quickly started noticing that their emails, while attempting to provide evidence about how aggressive, active and effective NAGR was, that actually they didn't do much of anything. About all they did was to report on what other pro-gun groups were doing around the country, or post photo-ops of Dudley Brown posing next to some well known gun rights people at gun shows, etc. or reporting on supposely reporting on how Dudley Brown went to Washington, DC and delivered "box upon box" of petitions signed by "you good people" gun owners stating you did not want any more gun control laws.

I even got odd emails from people supposely associated with Dudley Brown (one such posted below) and one email even stated that the anti-gun policiticans were trying to arrest Dudley Brown and poor old Dudley desperately need my donation to help with his legal fees to keep out of jail; with the threat of jail simply because ol Dudley was pushing too hard for "my gun rights."

Here is a copy of a letter supposely from Dudley's attorney begging for my donations:

March 10, 2010

*** CONFIDENTIAL ***

To National Association for Gun Rights supporters only:

Gun-control organizations and Obama Administration political appointees in our federal bureaucracies have targeted the National Association of Gun Rights for harassment and legal intimidation.

In order to fight back with the most effective defense possible, Mr. Dudley Brown has been advised to request that National Association for Gun Rights supporters like you certify that they consider themselves members of the organization.

Mr. Brown has created a NAGR Member Ballot and is requesting that you fill it out, advising him of how best to proceed against assaults on our Second Amendment this year immediately.

But first, please read his important letter explaining the details of what he and NAGR face.

Rest assured, your completed ballot will not make you liable for any further action or put you in any danger of political retribution.

It will, however, assist Mr. Brown in fighting back against gun control groups and their allies in the federal government.

Please read his letter and fill out the enclosed Member Ballot today.

Sincerely,

David Warrington, Esquire

The preceding email message may be confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If you have received this message in error, please (i) do not read it, (ii) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and (iii) erase or destroy the message.

Now folks, I have been around long enough that usually I can tell when someone is "stroking me." Especially if they are doing it as if I was a child. ALL Dudley's emails begging for money are nothing but "stroking."

Funny thing, while I often get emails from the NRA and GOA, most of those emails DO NOT ask for donations. But with emails from NAGR, EVERY email begs for money from me. Now folks, I often can read a request for my money donation and if that request smells really really bad I pretty much know it is a scam. So I just kind of forgot about poor ol Dudley until I ran across this particular website of his. His website does nothing but go into tremendous detail about how ol Dudley is postive that the NRA is selling out our gun rights. I will post a link to that website:

www.nrawol.net

So, it appears that ol Dudley is making money by acting he is active all across America risking being jailed for "fighting too hard" for our gun rights and, to supposely give him some instant credibility he has a website in which he tries to gain trust by being a world class NRA basher.

I guess some here actually are unable to see how they are being fooled by ol Dudley.

Edited by - tr fox on 03/23/2010 03:53:58 AM

Colt Super
Advanced Member

USA
28650 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  04:38:29 AM  Show Profile
He ain't foolin' ol' Dugly.

Doug

3%

God Bless America and...
Remember Pearl Harbor
Remember the Alamo
NEVER Forget WACO
NEVER Forget RUBY RIDGE
NEVER, EVER Forget 911
Lock and load
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

26702 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  09:46:45 AM  Show Profile
My grandpa used to say,"if a feller tells you to give him your money, that he is going to take up the fight for you, to keep a close eye on him"

Go to Top of Page

tr fox
Advanced Member

USA
15720 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  10:11:41 AM  Show Profile
Here is yet another email from ol' Dudley. None of the other gun rights organizations have ever based their begging for donations by claiming that if I don't hand over some money, the leader of that organization might go to jail. This whole NAGR is nothing but a money grubbing scam, in my opinion. Here is the copy of the latest email trying to trick me out of my money:

Dear NAGR Supporter,

Did you get the messages my attorney, David Warrington, sent you last week?

I haven't heard from you yet and it is absolutely essential you take action.

You see, if the gun-grabbers get their way, this could be the LAST letter I write you.

Anti-gun lawyers and their pals in the federal bureaucracy have targeted the National Association for Gun Rights for ELIMINATION.

Of course, I've had radical anti-gun groups and their pet lawyers, judges and politicians come after me before.

I've even been threatened with jail time in the past for my uncompromising defense of your Second Amendment rights.

But unless you act TODAY, I'm afraid the gun-grabbers could finally succeed in shutting me up -- and shutting the National Association for Gun Rights down.

That's why it's vital you fill out the National Association for Gun Rights' MEMBER BALLOT I've created for you IMMEDIATELY.

I'll give you a link in a second, but first I want you to know just how important this is.

You see, at the request of my attorney, David Warrington -- a close friend, former Marine and Chairman of the NAGR's Board of Directors -- I've had a series of meetings with several lawyers who are all experts on grassroots organizations.

These lawyers specialize in defending pro-freedom groups like NAGR against spurious attacks from left-wing groups and their allies in the federal bureaucracy.

Going into it, I thought it was just a formality. After all, NAGR doesn't do anything wrong.

And what about left-wing groups like ACORN? They seemingly get away with murder and always seem to get off scot free!

We follow the law. Isn't that enough?

The attorneys told me not to be na´ve.

They said President Obama has stacked EVERY last bureaucracy in Washington with radical left-wing extremists -- all of whom HATE the National Association for Gun Rights and anyone who stands for freedom.

And if they believe they have the opportunity for a "quick kill," they won't hesitate to drag NAGR into court.

That's why it's vital you fill out this MEMBER BALLOT IMMEDIATELY.

You see, those attorneys told me my defense will be strongest only if as many folks as possible certify each year that they do consider themselves to be members of NAGR.

As absurd as seems, the gun-grabbers, their lawyers and anti-gun federal bureaucracts say you are not a "real" member.

So you shouldn't be entitled to the same rights under the U.S. Constitution as liberal gun control groups who are "fighting to our make communities safer!"

I don't know about you, but that infuriates me.

But I also know that with everything at stake this year, the last thing we need is a new legal fight.

So please fill out this MEMBER BALLOT I've created for you certifying that you do consider yourself a member of NAGR -- and if you would, please give me your advice too.

You see, with everything on our plate right now, I need to make sure that NAGR's priorities line up with yours.

And there's not a moment to waste because the fights to stop the gun-grabbers' schemes in Congress are really heating up.

As I told you before, Sarah Brady and the rest of her anti-gun allies are furious at the Democrat Congressional Leadership.

They're screaming that they've been given nothing in return for putting anti-gun Democrats in power. And some gun control groups are threatening to sit out the November elections if they don't see immediate action on their radical anti-gun agenda!

Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid know they'll need anti-gun votes to hold on to their majorities this election year.

So you know the Democrats in Congress will do EVERYTHING to ram through every item on the gun-grabbers' agenda, including:
*** The Disarming American Citizens Act -- H.R. 2159 the so-called "Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009" -- allowing anti-gun Attorney General Eric Holder to revoke the Second Amendment rights of ANY American he chooses based on pure "suspicion;"

*** A new so-called "Assault Weapons" Ban, targeting ALL semi-automatic rifles and shotguns -- which, unlike the Clinton ban, will never expire;

*** H.R. 45, the "Catch-All" Obama Gun Control Bill, which would create a national gun registry, require a two-day waiting period, hike taxes on gun sales, federally ban ALL private firearms sales and FORCE you to take a written exam just to prove you're "fit" to own a firearm;

*** The U.N.'s "Small Arms Treaty," which would confiscate and destroy ALL "unauthorized" civilian firearms and set the stage for international gun confiscation. Recently, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said, "The United States is committed to actively pursuing a strong and robust [small-arms] treaty.
I'm sure, especially after coming this far, you would hate to see the gun-grabbers succeed in ramming even one item on their anti-gun agenda into law.

So if you think we should focus on the gun-grabbers' assaults in Congress, mark "Federal Legislation" on your MEMBER BALLOT.

But before you do, please remember you and I are in the middle of a critical election year, as well -- and the only way to ultimately STOP the gun-grabbers' radical schemes is to change politicians.

The good news is there are numerous opportunities.

Anti-gun Democrats like Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), Arlen Specter (D-PA), Michael Bennet (D-CO) and Blanche Lincoln (D-AR) have seen their polls plummet in recent months.

Even once "untouchable" anti-gun incumbent Democrats like Barbara Boxer (D-CA) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY) are now vulnerable!

But without our IMMEDIATE action, I'm afraid the change in the political environment could make virtually no difference.

You see, Sarah Brady and her anti-gun pals' ultimate goal is to have never-ending supply of politicians in BOTH parties they can call on to ram through attacks on our gun rights.

So the gun-grabbers are doing everything they can to intimidate politicians in BOTH parties into kowtowing to their radical agenda.

But their success depends on keeping their views hidden.

The fact is, even the most rabidly anti-gun politicians like John Kerry and Barack Obama never come right out and say, "Our goal is to take your guns away!"

So it's up to you and me to expose anti-gun politicians in both parties by running a full-scale, nationwide survey program to show folks exactly where their candidates REALLY stand on our gun rights.

But the 2010 primaries have begun, so we have to start now!

So if you think our survey program should be the top priority, please mark "2010 Candidate Survey" on your MEMBER BALLOT.

Of course, there is one more option: "Fight All the Above."

But please recognize how serious this is.

Unless you and other loyal NAGR members make a special contribution of $200, $100 or $50, there's just no way I can run a full-scale Candidate Survey Program and continue our lobbying efforts.

I may be forced to make deep cuts in existing programs.

So please rush me your most generous contribution of $200, $100, $50 or at least $35 TODAY!

Believe me, I know this is a tremendous amount to ask.

Even if you can't afford to contribute, please certify your membership by filling out the MEMBER BALLOT I've created for you immediately.

And if you can, please return your most generous contribution of $200, $100, $50 or $35 TODAY!

Sincerely,

Dudley Brown
Executive Director
National Association for Gun Rights

P.S. The critical 2010 election year is upon us and legislative battles against the gun-grabbers' radical agenda still rage on in Congress.

So I need your IMMEDIATE advice.

Please rush back the enclosed MEMBER BALLOT along with your most generous contribution of $200, $100, $50 or $35 TODAY.

To help the National Association for Gun Rights grow, please forward this to a friend.

To view this email as a web page, please click this link: view online.

Help fight gun control. Donate to the National Association for Gun Rights!

I don't know what "programs" Dudley might have to make "deep cuts in" because all he seems to do is to report on what real pro-gun rights are doing and sent out emails begging for donations for NAGR.

Go to Top of Page

dongizmo
Advanced Member

USA
15303 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  10:22:51 AM  Show Profile
Interesting nobody else is getting these e-mails but you TR?......
Don

I am a man of my word, are you?
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
See me on Facebook
Go to Top of Page

buffalobo
Advanced Member

USA
3271 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  10:48:42 AM  Show Profile
He is getting these emails because he signed up for email/action alerts. His post sounds like they are unsolicited out of the blue.

Can't defend his pet organization so now he will attack/smear other organizations.

If you think they are scam send them an email stating so and tell them to remove you from mail list. Go find an organization you can support.

Does Wayne know you are out with the competition?

if your not armed, you are a victim - Grandpa and best shootin buddy

RIP Earl Scruggs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzNZEUoLYL4&feature=related

Gadsden by Werewolf

Edited by - buffalobo on 03/23/2010 10:51:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

cactuspete1

1751 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  10:57:05 AM  Show Profile
I get emails from these fly by night organizations all the time, they get a mailing list from the other "Money grubbing" orginizations..Just delete them and go on your merry way.

Edited by - cactuspete1 on 03/23/2010 10:59:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

buffalobo
Advanced Member

USA
3271 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  1:18:07 PM  Show Profile
Fox, you around? You saying you got spammed or did you sign up?

RIP Earl Scruggs

Gadsden by Werewolf

Go to Top of Page

spanielsells
Advanced Member

16195 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  1:46:23 PM  Show Profile
Actually I get the same e-mails. I didn't think they were worth posting about. So, it isn't just TR.

April 19, 1775
Go to Top of Page

dongizmo
Advanced Member

USA
15303 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  2:40:49 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by spanielsells

Actually I get the same e-mails. I didn't think they were worth posting about. So, it isn't just TR.

And they don't read any different than the snail mail I get from his beloved NRA.....
Don

I am a man of my word, are you?
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
See me on Facebook
Go to Top of Page

IronWill45

765 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  2:45:45 PM  Show Profile
Don't trust NAGR's...
Go to Top of Page

pickenup

USA
22769 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  3:10:02 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by buffalobo

His post sounds like they are unsolicited out of the blue.

Can't defend his pet organization so now he will attack/smear other organizations.

quote:
Originally posted by dongizmo

And they don't read any different than the snail mail I get from his beloved NRA.....
Don

BINGO

The gene pool needs chlorine.

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Go to Top of Page

buffalobo
Advanced Member

USA
3271 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  3:10:07 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Iron Will 2

Don't trust NAGR's...

If you have info that they are a bad outfit please share. May help somebody avoid mistake.

RIP Earl Scruggs

Gadsden by Werewolf

Go to Top of Page

slipgate
Advanced Member

Italy
9162 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  3:12:58 PM  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

Don't trust NAGR's...

If you have info that they are a bad outfit please share. May help somebody avoid mistake.

LOL - I got it ....

Do you brew?

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." - General George Patton Jr

[Democrats] are like a drunken vagrant who emerges from the alley to cause havoc every few years. They are the perpetual toothache of American politics. - Ann Coulter

NRA Life Member - The ONLY organization that has ever done ANYTHING to further gun rights.

Go to Top of Page

IronWill45

765 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  3:17:12 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by slipgate

quote:

quote:

Don't trust NAGR's...

LOL - I got it ....

...lol...them dang nagrs
Go to Top of Page

COLT

USA
14290 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  3:28:22 PM  Show Profile
...I agree with Nunns sticky "SOP"...poor use of creative spelling, dont trust *****...dang *****, not cool, not funny, not tolerated...

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

http://www.blindhogg.com/

"It's a poor damn man that can only spell a word one way!"...Harry S. Truman

"We will never try to placate an aggressor by the false and wicked bargain of trading honor for security"...Dwight D. Eisenhower

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page