GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Tec-9
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jcbrown23602

149 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  02:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Problem Resolved

Edited by - jcbrown23602 on 05/17/2010 2:23:56 PM

fordsix
Advanced Member

5673 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  07:16:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KG-9 is the only open bolt by interdynamic the same gun by the same company but marked kG-99 is closed bolt..all others are closed bolts..it has been converted..bad juju
Go to Top of Page

nmyers
Advanced Member

12283 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  08:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see any reason to believe that you have anything other than a standard, factory stock, closed bolt, Intratec Tec-9. I think your buddy bought the gun without understanding exactly what he was buying.

I have fired a Tec-9, & it operates like many other closed bolt semi-autos I have seen; i.e., you insert a loaded mag, pull the knob back, let the bolt fly forward, & pull the trigger to fire. I haven't fired an open bolt version, but assume that when you pull the knob back, the bolt stays back; when you pull the trigger, the bolt flies forward & fires a round.

At this point, you need to figure out, while the gun is empty, exactly how it fires (open or closed bolt). If you can't figure it out, you might want to take the gun to a range or some other safe place to figure out how it works with live ammo. Extreme caution is required, as moving the bolt forward with an open bolt gun will likely fire a chambered round.

Or, see if you can find a helpful local gun shop or gun club.

Neal

EDIT: I see what rufe-snow is talking about, & that makes a lot of sense. Any premium attached to a legal open-bolt gun would not apply to a conversion. Plus, unknown conversions might possibly malfunction & fire FA, resulting in a 5 year vacation with Bubba.

Edited by - nmyers on 05/15/2010 11:23:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

7013 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  09:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IF you have never fired an "open bolt",,,extreme caution is required as stated above.....THE GUN WILL FIRE WHEN YOU PULL THE TRIGGER WHEN THE BOLT IS IN THE "HOLD OPEN" POSITION....You can test it also wiht no rounds in the mag...Learn the workings of the open bolt,,,and be careful,,,imo,,nambu
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15436 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  11:11:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In light of your photos showing what appears to be a fixed one piece firing pin on the bolt face, my WAG is your gun is a open bolt gun. If this is a Tec-9 that has been reworked into a open bolt gun, it would be best to return it to you friend and get your money back. My 2.

Go to Top of Page

Mooseyard

2394 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  10:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gocargo

The first 3 of your detailed photos are of a Interdynamic KG-9 bolt while the last 2 are of a Intratec Tec-9.

Combining those two items are a lethal combination to John Q Public.

BTW, did ya see the movie last night about a fellow named Abel who purchased a seemingly innocent "Widget" from an acquaintance named Cain whom he'd occasionally sat next to at the local tavern?

After the purchase and once Abel realized the "Widget" may have been illegally modified, he arranged to meet Cain who agreed to take it back and refund his purchase price in full at the parking lot of the local Tavern.

When Abel arrived for the exchange, the local authorities surrounded his car, being informed of possible illegal narcotics by the undercover-agent Cain. Although not finding drugs, the authorities confiscated the modified "Widget" which just happens to be a popular "tool" associated with the drug cartel.

The Bureau boys were brought in and eventually sent Abel to the big house for the 10-year mandatory minimum for being in possession of a modified "Widget".

Of course it was just a movie.

????
Did I just step into the Twilight Zone, or a really bad episode of Get Smart?

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

NRA Certified Instructor:
Pistol
RTBAV
Home Firearm Safety
CRSO
Personal Protection in the Home
Personal Protection Outside the Home
Go to Top of Page

DRP-AZ
Advanced Member

USA
3381 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  8:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(sigh)

This thread gives me a headache. I really hate the Internet some days.

http://daewoorifleparts.com

In Memorium, Border Patrol Agent (BORTAC) Brian A. Terry, Killed by ATF incompetence and willingness to violate the very Laws they pretend to enforce.

EOS 15 DEC 2010. RIP Partner.

From Katie Pavlich's book "Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's bloodiest scandal and its shameless cover-up." From Katie's book pg. 94 "On May 2, the day before his scheduled tesimony, Holder and Janet Napolitano visited the White House, the two cabinet officials would note in the vistor's log the reason for their visit. On this occasion, they entered the White House together and left together. The White House entry log read, "no description". The logs show Holder and Napolitano were there to meet with President Obama in the East Room."

League of the Vibrator Manufacturers #1

CORAL Fan Club #1
Go to Top of Page

DRP-AZ
Advanced Member

USA
3381 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  1:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2nd, maybe 3rd email sent on this weapon.

http://daewoorifleparts.com

In Memorium, Border Patrol Agent (BORTAC) Brian A. Terry, Killed by ATF incompetence and willingness to violate the very Laws they pretend to enforce.

EOS 15 DEC 2010. RIP Partner.

From Katie Pavlich's book "Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's bloodiest scandal and its shameless cover-up." From Katie's book pg. 94 "On May 2, the day before his scheduled tesimony, Holder and Janet Napolitano visited the White House, the two cabinet officials would note in the vistor's log the reason for their visit. On this occasion, they entered the White House together and left together. The White House entry log read, "no description". The logs show Holder and Napolitano were there to meet with President Obama in the East Room."

League of the Vibrator Manufacturers #1

CORAL Fan Club #1
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page