GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Sterling Arms-32ACP-Model 402
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hugs200
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  8:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any tips on field stripping this piece? I removed the screw at the top right of the trigger guard but it didnt free up anything. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

mark christian
Administrator

Panama
19385 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  8:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been quite a while since I've seen one of those things . At the right rear of the frame there should be a screw. You need to get a screw driver and while pushing in the screw turn it clockwise (if I remember correctly). Once you've done that you can remove the slide from the frame. Give that a try. I deleted your second and identical thread on this subject.

Edited by - mark christian on 08/16/2010 8:28:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

hugs200
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  5:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, Thanks for the come-back and the delete of the 2nd message.(wasnt sure what i was doing there) I looked and there is no screw at the rear of the frame. The only other screws are on the sights for adjustments. I have removed the grips and there is nothing there to give me a clue.
Go to Top of Page

mark christian
Administrator

Panama
19385 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  5:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, that leaves me stumped because all of the little Sterling automatics that I am familiar with had a take down procedure as I described. Hopefully someone else can help you out.
Go to Top of Page

Hangfire
Advanced Member

2890 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  6:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Hugs..Mark's on the right track.. You shouldn't remove that front slotted "screw".. That's the slide lock.. When it's proud of the frame, it's locked.. You need to push it in then turn it to the right to lock it below the frame surface..

With the hammer cocked, and the magazine out, pull the slide to the rear, lifting up until it clears.. Now push the slide forward and off..

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob

https://membership.nrahq.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page