GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 IAB skeet guns from 1980's any info?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

djh860
Advanced Member

USA
3560 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  06:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is all I have been able to find. Im not sure if its correct. Pics included. English scroll engraving and 30 LPI checkering I paid $1000. It is new in box unfifed. With warrenty card. Signed by engraver.Anyone know anything about these guns?
FWIW, Industria Armi Bresciane, S.p.A. (IAB) is currently alive and well but, no longer producing shotguns. During the 1980's, the firm produced their medal winning competition shotguns alongside replicas of the Sharps rifle. IIRC, sometime in the late 1980's or early 90's, they discontinued production of the shotguns and expanded output of the rifles. In addition to Len Puccinelli, I believe that William Larkin Moore and Thad Scott were heavily involved with IAB shotguns. Puccinelli seemed to concentrate on the high end C-300, Premier 80 and Premier Los Angeles models. The 1977 price for an IAB Premier Pigeon grade was US$2680.- F.O.B Marcheno, Italy. By contrast, a new Ljutic Mono Gun or Perazzi MX-8 each sold then for $1,995.-. Towards the end, Moore and Scott were clearance selling the plain Model Record O/U & Unsingle Combo for $750.-. IMO, these guns never received the recognition they deserved. Today, it seems to be a rarity when an IAB is offered for sale. Prior to the one listed on TS.com, the last one I recall being up for sale was in Wisconsin about a year ago. Looks like the owners are holding on to them.

t=219232#ixzz0z5GgO1Hs Here are the pictures

Edited by - djh860 on 09/10/2010 8:09:30 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page