GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Baker Paragon 20 ga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cycloterp
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  12:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The following is the information I have: BAKER GUN COMPANY Paragon Ejector, SXS 20 GA. SHOTGUN S#2266F, 26 INCH SOLID RIB BARREL SET, ENGRAVED RECEIVER WITH DOG AND BIRD HUNTING SCENES.

To my knowledge - very limited - Baker manufactured shotguns with dog and bird scenes -Paragon, Grade R, Grade A, others? - came in 10, 12, and 16 ga only. I also understand from the Standard Catalog that the 'F' suffix on the SN indicates Crescent Arms manufacture of Bakers. I have also seen that the ejector guns were custom. Could the gauge have been custom as well? Thus making this a Baker Gun & Forging, rather than a Crescent Baker?

Is my information correct? Is this a later, Crescent Arms Baker or a custom Baker Gun & Forging? What would be the year of manufacture? Finally, if this is indeed a Crescent Baker, are they of equal value with Baker Forging guns?

robertchambers
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  9:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cresent NEVER produced Baker shotguns...you must be very careful with this gun...over the last 30 years many Baker collectors are the most insidious in the fraterity of gun collectors. THey will tell you they only collect the engraved Bakers when in fact they seek only to buy Rudolph Kornbrath engraved guns. They will tell you anything to poopoo (devalue) your gun. The truth of the matter is that ANY Kornbrath engraved gun is worth big money, even if it was a Cresent, although it's doubtful that Kornbrath ever engraved a Cresent as did the Glahn's in the early days of the American Gun Co (Cresent).
So before you sell this gun you had better post photos or examine photos of other Kornbrath engraved guns as the Kornbrath touch is probably worth more than the gun itself. I regret the guns that I sold before I knew the engraving was by Rudolph Kornbrath. I would save you that mistake.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page