GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Anyone heard of this? CDM .22 Short
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Betrite1
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  10:12:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Model CDM .22 short Revolver with pearl looking grips, it is in its original box and the serial # 207803. The box says New York, New York on it. Has anyone heard of this or have any idea of its value???

Edited by - Betrite1 on 11/20/2010 10:24:59 PM

nunn
Administrator

USA
35848 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  11:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheap. This gun was reincarnated under a number of names: RG10, CDM, Thalco Plinker, Rosco, etc. That yours is in the original box makes it unusual, but it is still a cheap little gun.

If you could find someone who likes collecting Saturday Night Specials, he might pay $40-50 for it.

Here is how to find out how much it will bring: List it on GunBroker with a dollar start. If you don't want to sell it, but only want to test the market, set a ridiculous reserve on it that no one will meet. You will get a pretty good idea of its value.

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Retired Texas Peace Officer/FFL Dealer

Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

My GunBroker auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=3012
Go to Top of Page

Betrite1
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  11:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nunn

Cheap. This gun was reincarnated under a number of names: RG10, CDM, Thalco Plinker, Rosco, etc. That yours is in the original box makes it unusual, but it is still a cheap little gun.

If you could find someone who likes collecting Saturday Night Specials, he might pay $40-50 for it.

Here is how to find out how much it will bring: List it on GunBroker with a dollar start. If you don't want to sell it, but only want to test the market, set a ridiculous reserve on it that no one will meet. You will get a pretty good idea of its value.

Thanks for the info, I knew it was probably nothing special but you really don't know unless you ask. It was my Grandfathers and that makes it special to me and knowing its value always interested me. One thing I can say is You better be wearing ear protection! That sucker is loud as hell! Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

nunn
Administrator

USA
35848 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  12:31:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't shoot it a lot. It wasn't meant to be an every weekend at the range shooter.

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Retired Texas Peace Officer/FFL Dealer

Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

My GunBroker auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=3012
Go to Top of Page

nmyers
Advanced Member

12634 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  08:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You, & anyone else standing near, should also wear eye protection when you shoot it.

Neal
Go to Top of Page

Betrite1
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  12:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have only shot it about 10 times and that was enough for me. It has been cleaned and back in the box, will probably never shoot again thanks for all your input.
Go to Top of Page

Jeepflexin

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  10:52:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weren't they the pistols you could buy from the Popular Mechanics magazine for like 5 bucks back in the 60's? I owned one for awhile, not a great shooter but the tie in with the magazine made for an interesting conversation piece.

Sergeant of Arms: Delaware Antique Arms Collectors Association

www.fixyourcarnow.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page