GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Beretta Mato Rifle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

.22 L.R

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  4:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone has used a Beretta Mato Rifle and what your overall opinion was of it. I own a 30-06 and it seems to be quite accurate as well as a smooth functioning rifle. I know from the serial number range I have on mine it is one of the Beretta models as opposed to the Dakota. Just curious since they don't seem to generate alot of traffic when they show up for sale on GB even though they appear to be a very nice rifle for the money.

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

7491 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  5:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one. They are excellent rifles. Just that many people don't know about them and there is a very limited number anytime for sale. Excellent wood, action, ect make them a fine rifle..imo..nambu
Go to Top of Page

laogai

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  11:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have one in 270 and i am extremely pleased with it. better than MOA accuracy, fine trigger, like the quality synthetic stock and metal protection. a bit heavy so it's mostly my treestand whitetail gun where is excels. well balanced
Go to Top of Page

.22 L.R

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  10:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I to have been able to get at times 3 shot groups of 1/2 moa or slightly better. Like you said great trigger well above average factory synthetic stock. I think its a real sleeper when you see what they tend to sell for versus the quality of the rifle.Just my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

jptatum

USA
1510 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  11:50:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with the other folks. Mine is a 270 Win. also and has synthetic stock.

J. Patrick Tatum
Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

7491 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  1:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The walnut on mine is fabulous...375 H&H,,..I don't shoot it much but could look at it all night. And the trigger is great/
Your 30.06 is a great rifle that everyone on the block don't have.
Go to Top of Page

tbone171201
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  11:56:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one in synthetic and have been looking for one in walnut. They are rare, but the few I have seen on websites don't sell well for some reason. I regret passing on a few in the past but would really like to find one now. If anyone ever considers selling one (walnut in any caliber especially 375) please let me know and I will be sure to bid on it when it is listed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page