GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Fabrique Nationale D'Armes De Guerre HELP
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zeth_c
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  9:02:12 PM  Show Profile
I need help identifying this: Fabrique Nationale D'Armes De Guerre Herstal Belgique. Browing Patent Depose. On this side of slide also shows walking lizard over p.v. and (crown over S). Other side of gun on trigger guard has a 3 and V stamped on it. Gun has serial number on frame and on slide only 3 digits. Front of grip below trigger housing has: LGK Sb 0048. This is also on the bottom of the clip.
Any help would be great.

mark christian
Administrator

Panama
19238 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  9:06:57 PM  Show Profile
Does it look like this pistol?

If so and with the code on the front grip strap and magazine means that it is probably an Austrian Police High Power. The three letters represent a code for the police district where it was issued.
Go to Top of Page

zeth_c
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  9:58:51 PM  Show Profile
Yes it looks like that but has some light freckle type rust on it. any idea on the age? I can't find any thing about this regarding serial #'s It has a three digit serial #.

Are these desirable? Average going price?

Edited by - nononsense on 01/29/2011 08:17:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

mark christian
Administrator

Panama
19238 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  10:07:42 PM  Show Profile
Age can be determined by the features of the pistol, such as the presence or lack of an internal extractor. The police surplus pistols are of interest to collectors, especially the earlier variations with the internal extractor. To give any idea of values we have to see photos because "light freckle rust' can mean many different things to many people.

The top pistol has the external extractor while the lower has the internal style.

Edited by - mark christian on 01/28/2011 10:14:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

nmyers
Advanced Member

12678 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  10:18:18 PM  Show Profile
All guns are desirable, some more so than others.

The average going price of a FN Hi-Power is $448.97. The value of yours will depend upon the exact configuration & condition, which can only be determined after you post photos.

There are several ways to safely remove light rust. Do a SEARCH for the word "rust" on this forum.

Neal

$448.97? Looks like the "spot price" jumped up a dime today. Must be the result of the situation in Egypt

Edited by - mark christian on 01/28/2011 10:29:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15836 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  10:18:44 PM  Show Profile
Mark nailed it. "LGK SB" would be from the Austrian Province of Salzburg, used by their federal police.
Go to Top of Page

zeth_c
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  10:20:05 PM  Show Profile
The pistol has an internal style. How can add pic. I have it on my phone that can be emailed.

Here are the instructions for posting photos. You have to use a hosting site since our forum does not support photos from your hard drive:

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

Edited by - mark christian on 01/28/2011 10:32:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

19875 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  10:43:31 PM  Show Profile
The lizard is a lion.

Post war HP is in the 4-500 dollar range, depending.

The bore would need to be examined, and a box of ammo put though it on the range, but potentially a nice short arm.

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

zeth_c
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  11:01:01 PM  Show Profile

Looks to be a round cam barrel.

Edited by - nononsense on 01/29/2011 08:15:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15836 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  12:50:49 AM  Show Profile
Your photos aren't big enough, all we're seeing are thumbnails.

The moderators will close the topic soon. Start another with the same subject with the "#2" after it.

The Austrians ordered 10,000 H-P's from FN in 1955.

"LGK" was their abbreviation in German, for the Austrian federal police.

Go to Top of Page

zeth_c
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  02:12:31 AM  Show Profile
I found an answer so I thought I would share it with you all. {Hi Power is a 1950's Austrian police contract. The LGK stands for Landes Gendarmerie Kommando or rural police force, the Sb for Salzburg land, the province it was issued to. These were imported in the late 1980/90's)

Sorry for the small pics. I used my phone.

Edited by - nononsense on 01/29/2011 08:16:35 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page