GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 I have a few rare Remington model 600's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bandit10-4
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  2:40:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a few rare Remington model 600 carbines that I purchased from an older gentleman who collected them over the years. I bought them as an investment and gave alot of money for them, but I felt like is was as good an investment as any these days (prob better...). The three little rifles that I purchased seem to be pretty rare, as I can't find alot of info out there. I called Remington CS and gave them the serial numbers and they varified that they were what they were and told me the year they were made, but that was all they had. I wish I could find a better resource for info on them... I guess that is what brought me here. I would greatly appreciate any help you guys woulb be willing to give me. Thanks. Here is what I have:
1. Model 600 in 35 Rem, all original with iron sights and VR barrel. No modifications and near perfect, PO bought new and fired it one time in back yard (He gave me the 2 boxes of shells he bought with the rifle, 39 new and 1 spent cartridge) Remington CS said it was manufactured in 1963 serial number is 54XX
2. Model 600 in 223 Rem, all original 100% unfired and unaltered. Unfortunately his better half threw away the box that was behind the safe (oops) Remington said this one was manufactured in 1964 serial number is 413XX
3. Model 600 in 6.5 Rem Mag, all original except the iron sights have been removed and and it has had a scope mounted on it. The mount was made for it and I have everything that came off to put it back to original. This rifle has claimed the lives of 2 speed goats in the panhandle by the PO, so it does have handling marks, etc, but is still in very good condition. 13 rounds went through this rifle 11 rounds sighting in scope, etc, and 2 on-shot kills. He also gave me the three boxes of shells he had bought with this one (including 11 spent cases, the 2 missing were left in the field,in the panhandle) one box still had 9.98 price tag (he said ammo was terribly high for the little magnum back then). This rifle has, pretty much, the same type stock as the others, I have seen the magnum rifles with the laminated wood stocks but mine doesnt have that type stock. PO said that the stock was the one that came on the rifle and Remington confirmed this. Remington CS said that this rifle was produced in 1966 serial number is 752XX.

If anybody has any additional info on any of these, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance guys and good shootin!

bandit10-4
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  09:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody know anything about these? Maybe an idea of values?
Go to Top of Page

rsnyder55
Advanced Member

2576 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  10:00:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the auctions they have 600's in a 223 at $1.00 and 35 Rem at $300.00 with no bids. You need to search the closed successful auctions to see what current market is.

NRA Life Member
Go to Top of Page

nmyers
Advanced Member

12283 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  10:19:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To do as rsnyder suggests, go to the GunBroker home page & click on the ADVANCED SEARCH tab. Enter "Remington 600", select COMPLETED AUCTIONS, check DO NOT SHOW RESERVE ITEMS, & SORT ON HIGHEST NUMBER OF BIDS FIRST.

You may not see all calibers listed. But, check back ever few weeks & eventually you will see them listed.

I don't know that anyone on this forum will hazard a guess as to value without photos. Here is the procedure for posting them:
http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

Neal
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15437 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  11:51:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although per your description these are very desirable rifles to a collector, it's not the best of times contemplating selling them, IMHO.

The economy is in the toilet, with way to many folks out of work, and to many homes in foreclosure. Best to wait, unless you need the money real bad.

It seems that Bloomberg and all those other fat cats from Wall St. are the ones rolling in bucks, unfortunately there not the types that are going to be interested in giving you top buck for your rifles.

Go to Top of Page

Lucky Sarge
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  2:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also have numerous Remington 600's and the best time to sell them is not really now. I believe the 223 is the rarest and should bring around $1,500 and the 35 Remington should bring around $1,000 even these days. They will go up in my opinion but if you need the money you will get bids on rare models such as the ones you have. Of course ALL THIS DEPENDS ON CONDITION. Do they have the original boxes or paperwork?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page