GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Browning a-bolt II 2002 ti 300 WSM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sparky357
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  09:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have researched this rifle by it serial number and have found it to be a 2002 production rifle in 300 WSM.

Here is what I do know. It has a camo synthetic stock with palm swell. The barrel states it is stainless, 300 wsm, made in Japan, light weight for an abolt, about 22" barrel ( maybe longer).

The previous owner stated that it has a titanium receiver. I can't locate any info about a ti produced by Browning in 2002. The rifle does not state anywhere I can see that it is ti, yet it is very light. I had an abolt 2 micro medallion 308 years ago and I believe this rifle is lighter that it yet this one is a full length rifle.

So if anyone has further info I would greatly appreciate it.

nononsense

9000 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  12:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sparky357,

Without taking away from your research, Browning did manufacture the A-Bolt Mountain TI in .300 WSM. That particular barrel was stainless steel and 23" in length.

Best.

Go to Top of Page

sparky357
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  7:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nononsense I appreciate the input. I know Browning first produced the 300 wsm in 2001. My rifle is dated as a 2002. What I want to know is if they introduced a titanium rifle in 2002. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

nononsense

9000 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  8:55:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sparky357,

That's what that little (TI) stands for after the name...

From Browning's website of news releases:

For Immediate Release
1/1/2004

Browning Introduces The A-Bolt Ti (Titanium) Rifle

MORGAN, UTAH—At 5 1/2 pounds, the new Browning A-Bolt Ti (titanium) rifle offers the discerning rifleman a lighter, tougher, short-action rifle that's next-to-nothing to carry. Available in the popular 270 WSM, 7mm WSM, and 300 WSM calibers, the new A-Bolt Ti is packed with features such as:

* Titanium Receiver
* New Composite Bolt Sleeve (3oz. lighter than original)
* Weather-Resistant, Lightweight Bell and Carlson Stock In Mossy Oak Camo With Dura-Touch® Armor Coating
* Pachmayr Decelerator® Recoil Pad
* 23” Stainless Barrel

Suggested Retail: $1,620

Best.

Go to Top of Page

sparky357
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  11:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nonsense

My rifle has the mossyoak camo pattern, rifle alone weighs 6lb 8 oz on my postal scale, I would say the barrel is 23" and a decelerator pad.

No where is there any letters (TI).

The info you listed I found as well but am assuming it is for the 2004 models. Mine is a 2002 model. In addition, mine weighs more and my bolt does not appear to have any carbon properties in order to reduce the weight.

The reciever does have a slight conture and not just flat top. I was told that the TI recievers have this where the non (TI) are flat tops.

I plan on contacting Browning Monday and hopefully get answers from them.

Again thank you for the input.

SP357
Go to Top of Page

sparky357
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2011 :  4:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I got my answers today as I had to wait to contact Browning because they were closed on Monday due to Presidents day.

It turns out that the Browning ti was introduced in 2004. Since mine is a 2002, it can't be a ti. The front end of the receiver top is round and not flat like the typical abolts. Also mine did weigh 1 lb more. But, the Browning people ID'd mine on the serial number and it is a stainless stalker a-bolt II. The camo was an after market addition.

Just want to say thanks for the inputs and maybe this may help someone else.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page