GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 RTS model 1966 Starter Pistol
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kipper357
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  2:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found an old starter revolver in my recently deceased grandmothers belongings. Any information on the company and pistol would be greatly appreciated.

It is an RTS model 1966, cal. 22 starter pistol. It has white plastic grips. On one side it has "made in Italy" and "rTs", on the other is "model 1966 - cal.22". The cylinder does not swing out but there is an access door for loading and unloading the blanks. The ejector rod unscrews from under the barrel and is used to push the spent blanks out of the cylinder. Description on the box states "8 shot cal.22 - Teargas" and "Type 324". The barrel is 2 inches long and has a 1/2 inch of inside threads. I have pictures but I do not know how to display them here.

nononsense

8980 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  2:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kipper357,

Welcome to the GunBroker forums!

Instructions for posting pictures on the forums are found in a 'Sticky' just above this titled 'Posting Photographs.

If you have questions after reading it, post again or e-mail me.

Best.

Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15836 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  2:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More then likely looks similar to the one in this photo, I got off the net. This one does have a cylinder that opens though. Probably a different model from the same maker?

Nobody collects them far as I know, so they don't have much in the way of value. Someone in the past probably removed the internal plug in the barrel to enable the tear gas shells to be effective. Probably made out of potmetal so don't try to push your luck with any conventional .22 short ammo.
Go to Top of Page

kipper357
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  2:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a vertical rod thru the barrel just in front of the cylinder. Also, there is no way anything other than a blank can fit in the cylinder. The blank fits in the cylinder, then there is a reduction to allow for escaping gasses from the blank.

Thanks for the info.

Kip.
Go to Top of Page

kipper357
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  2:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still waiting for my Hunt101 subscription to be accepted. When that happens, I will post pictures.

Thanks.

Kip.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page