GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Who knows about Prodigy tires?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dheffley

20960 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  10:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are they any good?

Expect the unexpected!

If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded by
UNITED STATES MARINES!

I will not cede more power to the state. I will not willingly cede more power to anyone, not to the state, not to General Motors, not to the CIO. I will hoard my power like a miser, resisting every effort to drain it away from me. I will then use my power, as I see fit. I mean to live my life an obedient man, but obedient to God, subservient to the wisdom of my ancestors; never to the authority of political truths arrived at yesterday at the voting booth. That is a program of sorts, is it not? It is certainly program enough to keep conservatives busy, and liberals at bay. And the nation free. William F. Buckley Jr.

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

dcon12
Advanced Member

Georgia
26957 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  10:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't talk to me about tires! Don
Go to Top of Page

HappyNanoq
Advanced Member

Greenland
12038 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  10:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're round.
Contain a whole lot of air.

The impossible only takes a little more time.

Tá muid 'nos na hamsire
Go h-airid an ghrían
Agus togh muid áit bhog coid abhann

Bíodh nach raibh brónach
Go to Top of Page

JnRockwall
Advanced Member

USA
13557 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  10:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HappyNanoq

They're round.

Only have air when mounted.

I have never heard of them, but I only buy made in usa tires. Somethings just arent worth saving $50 on...

“When the South raised its sword against the Union’s Flag, it was in defense of the Union’s Constitution.”
Confederate General John B. Gordon

I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you Red Webster
Go to Top of Page

dheffley

20960 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  10:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thermonuclear

quote:

They're round.

I have never heard of them, but I only buy made in usa tires. Somethings just arent worth saving $50 on...

That's what I mean. Are they made in the USA? Who knows anything about them?

Expect the unexpected!

If the Army and the Navy
UNITED STATES MARINES!

I will not cede more power to the state. I will not willingly cede more power to anyone, not to the state, not to General Motors, not to the CIO. I will hoard my power like a miser, resisting every effort to drain it away from me. I will then use my power, as I see fit. I mean to live my life an obedient man, but obedient to God, subservient to the wisdom of my ancestors; never to the authority of political truths arrived at yesterday at the voting booth. That is a program of sorts, is it not? It is certainly program enough to keep conservatives busy, and liberals at bay. And the nation free. William F. Buckley Jr.

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12321 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  10:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have learned my lesson about buying off brand tires.

I put goodyears on the wife's SUV.
I put firestones on my truck.

No experience with your brand Danny, but I would stay away from off brands. Saving a couple of bucks costs you in the long run, IMO.
Go to Top of Page

dheffley

20960 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  10:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like they are made in the US but owned by Yokohama. Guess I'll keep looking. Maybe Goodyear or Goodrich.

Expect the unexpected!

If the Army and the Navy
UNITED STATES MARINES!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

dheffley

20960 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  11:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freemind

I have learned my lesson about buying off brand tires.

I put goodyears on the wife's SUV.
I put firestones on my truck.

No experience with your brand Danny, but I would stay away from off brands. Saving a couple of bucks costs you in the long run, IMO.

No more Firestones for me. Me and the Firestone company have parted ways. Looking at Goodyear or Goodrich now. Used to love Michelin, but I'm not sending the French any of my money either.

Expect the unexpected!

If the Army and the Navy
UNITED STATES MARINES!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

JnRockwall
Advanced Member

USA
13557 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  11:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Prodigy Tires
Built By Yokohama

Built by Yokohama, one of the most trusted and respected names in tires, comes the Prodigy brand of tires. Prodigy H/T tires are value-priced for the budget conscious driver who refuses to sacrifice traction, performance or long tread life. Designed to perform all year long in a variety of climates, Prodigy tires deliver dependable all-season grip and responsive handling. Prodigy H/T tires combine a smooth ride with appealing looks at a price that's sure to please.

What are you putting them on?

“When the South raised its sword against the Union’s Flag, it was in defense of the Union’s Constitution.”
Confederate General John B. Gordon

I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you Red Webster

Edited by - JnRockwall on 06/14/2011 11:03:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

dheffley

20960 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  11:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Prodigy Tires
Built By Yokohama

Built by Yokohama, one of the most trusted and respected names in tires, comes the Prodigy brand of tires. Prodigy H/T tires are value-priced for the budget conscious driver who refuses to sacrifice traction, performance or long tread life. Designed to perform all year long in a variety of climates, Prodigy tires deliver dependable all-season grip and responsive handling. Prodigy H/T tires combine a smooth ride with appealing looks at a price that's sure to please.

What are you putting them on?

F150 Sport pickup. Looking for US tires though. This truck only drives about 2000 miles a year, so tires usually get changed from age rather than wear, but I still want my money supporting US jobs.

Expect the unexpected!

If the Army and the Navy
UNITED STATES MARINES!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

ljwrench
Advanced Member

USA
4225 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  11:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go with Cooper Tires! Have had them on my truck for a couple of years and they've held up great and they're made in the USA.

Go to Top of Page

dheffley

20960 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  11:09:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ljwrench

Go with Cooper Tires! Have had them on my truck for a couple of years and they've held up great and they're made in the USA.

I'll look at them.

Expect the unexpected!

If the Army and the Navy
UNITED STATES MARINES!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

bpost

USA
29271 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  11:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buy Michelin Cry once.....

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

dheffley

20960 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  11:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bpost

Buy Michelin Cry once.....

Won't send a dime to the French if I can keep from it. No Target, Total gas, or Michelin tires.

I used to love Michelin tires.

Expect the unexpected!

If the Army and the Navy
UNITED STATES MARINES!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

UNIVERSITY50

1612 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  11:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cooper or Mastercraft, both made in Finley Ohio. Great Tires have them on all mine & the kids cars & trucks.
Go to Top of Page

ljwrench
Advanced Member

USA
4225 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  11:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UNIVERSITY50

Cooper or Mastercraft, both made in Finley Ohio. Great Tires have them on all mine & the kids cars & trucks.

Yep! Mastercraft is owned by Cooper. My Cooper Discovery ATR's ROCK in snow, mud, and rain.

Go to Top of Page

catpealer111
Advanced Member

Belarus
8641 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  11:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I go with Perellis on my car. I had Starfires, which were replaced by Mastercraft by Cooper, and I thought they were nothing bit garbage. I have Khumos on my truck.
Go to Top of Page

victorlvlb
Advanced Member

USA
4563 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  01:32:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son in law bought some Yokohama at's tires for his truck. They lasted two years. I bought BF at's four years before he bought his. Mine are still good, noisy on the road now , but they still can get me thru the mud and snow.

A patriot supports his country all the time and his government when it deserves it
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

swampgut
Advanced Member

8930 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  02:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

They're round.

Not true.

They always have air in them, it's just not pressurized.....

Sorry about that, I just had to.

Go to Top of Page

Alan Rushing
Advanced Member

9074 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  02:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Know nothing about them out of the ordinary, common stuff above.
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
23140 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  06:13:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a Yokohoma Plant in Salem Va about 8 miles from where I live.

I have General Tires on my wife's Grand Cherokee, they're owned by continental which is an American owned company. Very pleased with my general Grabber AT2s, great price through Wally World

have always had great experience with BFGs too, great tires, but pricey
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

21220 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  07:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
put 4 goodyear trailer tires on to replace 90% tread chinee tires that had tread pulled apart while just sitting...goodyear on front...made in chinee on back...dammmmmmmmmm.....buy only made in USA or plan on s--t happening on road or worse...found two brands made in cost rica ??????????...look on back side for country of origin
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12321 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  11:20:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would NOT recomend Mastercraft tires.

We used to put them on our farm trucks. Tread separates from the tire at about 50% wear.
Go to Top of Page

buddyb

2198 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  9:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put a set of Yokohamas on my wifes Honda and they are made in USA.Michelins are made here in upstate SC and it is one of the best companys to work for around.They pay well above the average wage for this area take good care of their employees.I don't work for Michelin,but do plenty of contract work at their plants.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page