GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Knee feels crunchy inside
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scottm21166
Advanced Member

Cuba
18337 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  10:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems like it doesn't line up very well and now that the nerve block is completly worn off it hurts pretty good too.
I am supposed to be able to leave today but I have a hunch they will make me stay another day to get my pain managed by oral meds.
I like this hospital, they have internet in the waiting room, a full menu I can order all my meals from and lots of attendants. I haven't had to wait more than 30 seconds to get help when I push the button, even in the middle of the night.
Overlake hospital gets 2 thumbs up from me

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms" should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency check out my auctions http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=514176 If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen! JOHN ADAMS
An honest but mistaken man, once shown the truth, either ceases to be mistaken or ceases to be honest." — Proverb

USN_Airdale
Advanced Member

USA
3783 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  10:47:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
it hurts pretty good

ouchie !! mine hurt pretty bad my surgeon performed arthroscopic knee surgery, he made small incisions, inserted a device and "sucked" out all the damaged cartilage..., TWICE!! i have about 30% of my born with cartilage, i was laid up for two days in the hospital then 45 days recuperating at home before returning to work.
that was 25 years ago. now i have little or no pain till the weather changes, then it hurts like hell for a few days.

just something to look forward to

COME AND GET IT !
Go to Top of Page

tapwater
Advanced Member

8965 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  11:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...Hope you're all healed real soon. I don't mind a couple days in the hospital, but then it gets boring. The food is good, as long as I'm on an unrestricted diet. Always sneak in a salt shaker though.
...One time, I woke up in the Catholic hospital, and there was a priest giving me the last rights. I let him finish but told him that I wasn't going anywhere just yet. Hell of a way to wake up!

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.******

"Send lawyers, guns and money"

Go to Top of Page

jwb267
pantywaist wannabe

USA
12713 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  12:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my stay was 3 days.
my knee felt the same way as you describe, crunchy. when i asked the doctor about it, he told me when the bone is sawed they just cant get all the bone dust. as time goes the feeling will change also.
watch eating to much all that pain medicine can constipate you. and you will have more problems
Go to Top of Page

dav1965
Advanced Member

USA
7831 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  1:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like jwb said watch pain meds because they will stop you up. I think you will be happy with the new Knee. Good luck David
Go to Top of Page

Marc1301
Advanced Member

USA
29737 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  1:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heck, mine feels that way now.
I'm sure my time will be coming soon,.....you should hear it when I come up from a squatting position.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here." William Shatner
Go to Top of Page

woodshed87
Advanced Member

USA
10929 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  3:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry it Hurts
had My Shoulders Done
No Fun.....
get well Soon
Woody & Dori

"I will cling to the Old Rugged Cross, and exchange it some day for a Crown"

"OL' WOODSHED'S TURKEY CALLS"
Available Here At GunBroker.Com

If there Is Not One Up on the Auction Site Please Ask For Me "Woody"
And I Will see that One Or More Are put Up Special For You!!

WWW.WOODSHEDSCALLS.COM

For Demo See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lFD6CWcDEI&feature=player_profilepage

2011 Spring Hunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acpW1cosSfk

Marisa's 2012 youth Hunt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uly9CM-DyCA

Closeup Demo Of Call
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8cMl2ZD1As
http://woodshedscalls.com/

"With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control,mud slides, flooding,
severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another,
and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks,
are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the
Pledge of Allegiance?"
Jay Leno

Go to Top of Page

fishkiller41
Advanced Member

USA
39365 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  4:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had my r knee scoped,back in '86,they sent me home the same day...
Go to Top of Page

MVP
Advanced Member

Equatorial Guinea
21953 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  5:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you are up and around chasing them birds soon. The hospital wouldn't release me until i could go 5hours without any pain meds.

Go to Top of Page

Spartacus
Advanced Member

12066 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  5:35:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
best wishes.
hint: you can take 800mg motrin with 1000mg tylenol 3 times a day for pain (no constipation)
take with food. 10 days max.

tom

What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand?

forgive your enemies, but NEVER forget their names.....JFK

The average response time for a 911 call is 4 minutes.
the average response time for a .357 magnum is 1400 FPS.
Go to Top of Page

aw3ol

USA
571 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  7:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's not exactly like my elbow injury but close? After tipping my bike my elbow became inflamed, ice and an ace bandage were applied, (first aid) after two days the swelling went down and the elbow set back in place. I wore the bandage for another day and bought a wrist strap to support the hand because lifting incurred slight pain? I felt good after a few days so, I took the bandages off and went to bed... I awoke to find that i've aggravated the injury and couldn't move my fingers? The doctor had to set the elbow and now my arms in a sling.

Perpetual Motion!

Edited by - aw3ol on 10/22/2011 7:39:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Waco Waltz
Advanced Member

USA
11796 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  10:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow only 30 seconds? That is above the norm. Nurses can be some lazy people.

quote:
Originally posted by scottm21166

It seems like it doesn't line up very well and now that the nerve block is completly worn off it hurts pretty good too.
I am supposed to be able to leave today but I have a hunch they will make me stay another day to get my pain managed by oral meds.
I like this hospital, they have internet in the waiting room, a full menu I can order all my meals from and lots of attendants. I haven't had to wait more than 30 seconds to get help when I push the button, even in the middle of the night.

“There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.”
George Orwell, 1984
Go to Top of Page

Alan Rushing
Advanced Member

9074 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  11:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hope that things continue to go very well for you.

When do you find out what?
Go to Top of Page

retroxler58
Advanced Member

Mongolia
27100 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2011 :  03:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not had surgery as yet... But like Marc... Mine pop and creak like no tomorrow...
Even sitting... I'll just swing the Ol'Legs up and the knees both pop like a fingers knuckle would...

I'm dreading the day they really start to hurt...

Go to Top of Page

gruntled
Advanced Member

8912 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2011 :  04:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in May I knelt down to work on my motorcycle & my knee has been hurting ever since. Not nearly as much as the first few days but it won't go away. I had an MRI done last week & am waiting for the results.
Go to Top of Page

scottm21166
Advanced Member

Cuba
18337 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2011 :  3:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Rushing

quote:

Hope that things continue to go very well for you.

When do you find out what?

the inhome nursing service begins tomorrow. they will do PT with me, take blood as needed, I don't have a DR apt until the 7th of Nov.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms" should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency check out my auctions http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=514176 If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen! JOHN ADAMS
An honest but mistaken man, once shown the truth, either ceases to be mistaken or ceases to be honest." — Proverb

Go to Top of Page

texaswildman

1830 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2011 :  6:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wait until you have them replaced a couple of times.....

I am ..... gone huntin'
Go to Top of Page

scottm21166
Advanced Member

Cuba
18337 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  11:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spartacus

best wishes.
hint: you can take 800mg motrin with 1000mg tylenol 3 times a day for pain (no constipation)
take with food. 10 days max.

tom

I can't take any ibuprophin or aspirin because I am on cumeden now too.
the pain is getting alot better and I can walk gingerly around the house. the knee joint is still very loose but the nurse tells me that is normal. I have been doing the exercises so I can bend my knee to about 80 degrees and about 5% short of straightening it out.
I got my staples out and can take a shower so that feels really good.
It's still a few days till I see the doctor. I am looking forward to getting into PT.
Thats the update

Go to Top of Page

The artist formerly known as Dano
Starting Member

South Sandwich Islands
1 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  11:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep putting my knee surgery off. I'm gonna have to have a total right knee replacement.

It was scheduled for last March, but my work got in the way. Now, it looks like it might happen in Jan. or Feb.

I'd like to wait til closer to age 60, but other things are dictating differently.

The "ONLY" bad thing about owning "A GUN" is........not owning two or more!

When the dust settles and the smoke has cleared, it's not the firearm in hand that determines accuracy, but rather, the hand on the firearm.

If you don't take CONTROL of the situation, the situation will take CONTROL of you!
Go to Top of Page

scottm21166
Advanced Member

Cuba
18337 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  07:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BTDT

I keep putting my knee surgery off. I'm gonna have to have a total right knee replacement.

It was scheduled for last March, but my work got in the way. Now, it looks like it might happen in Jan. or Feb.

I'd like to wait til closer to age 60, but other things are dictating differently.

my buddy had his done at 38 years old (he is now 52) he said it was the best thing he ever did and I can attest that his knee still works great. These are the results most people have and I think it's a shame doctors want us to wait til we are too old to enjoy the lack of pain.

Go to Top of Page

jonk
Advanced Member

9695 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  10:14:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to a massive leg injury when I was 6, I have no cartilage in my left knee, and a limited range of motion. I can walk, sit, and even manage a slow jog without issue, but can't run without limping and have had arthritis in that knee since I was 8, a taste of wonderful things to come when I'm older I'm sure. They tell me by the time I'm 40 or 50 I'll probably just need the knee replaced due to the steady bone on bone grinding over the years.

So yeah, crunchy knee, I feel your pain. Hope they get you fixed up.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page