GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Had a run in with an Irish Traveller
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wyatt Earp
Advanced Member

7196 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  2:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're usually picky about who we'll sell our roof rigs too, and I've turned down about 12 buyers in the last 5 years. But this clown slipped through the cracks because we never actually met - he sent his money, we palletized it and shipped it off to him in Virginia.

So, the guy never started paying the royalties on emulsion, as agreed. So a few days I ago I sent him e-mail telling him if he didn't stick to the agreement, I was going to sell rigs to his competitors if I got the chance.

Whew, did that send the guy over the deep end. I did a Google serch on him (which I should have done before we did business with him) and found out he's as crooked as a dog's hind leg. Here are a couple of his e-mail to me today for your entertainment. Oh by the way, punctuation of his e-mails was added by me, coz he evidently has none of his own:

Look ass hole, now I’m mad. I’m sick of your threats and attempts at extortion, don’t jack with me, I have a flawless reputation besides one crazy woman, unlike you. I have a class A Contractors license and an A+ rating with the BBB [this is untrue, he is not a member and has several complaints], how about you? Or should I say your dad, since you don’t own a Company of your own. Texas doesn’t even require Contractors to be licensed and the biggest thieves in the world come from there, your obviously one of them.

I don’t know if you are a heavy drinker or what’s going on, but You forget our conversations as soon as we have them, and I can’t help it if you imagine agreements between us that never existed. The only agreement that we have is as I have already stated, if you have something more, produce it.

I would have bought from your supplier, but you and them couldn’t get your act together and I had to buy elsewhere. You have promised the world and delivered on nothing. Things must be pretty tough for you right now as a blind man can see how desperate you are for money, trying to shake people down and threatening your own customers if they don’t give you a markup on material that you don’t even sell. You should be ashamed of yourself.

As far as courts go, take your best hold, my Lawyer will rip you a new ass hole Guaranteed

And since you are threatening me, let me tell you what I will do. If you ever try to break our agreement and sell rigs in my territory (Ever) I will immediately begin manufacturing and selling my own roofing rigs. They will be better built, $5,000 cheaper than yours and marketed properly. I have been building sealcoating machines for over 20 Years, they are very similar, and 10 times more complicated than this piece of poop that your peddling. There’s nothing to them I can have one built and ready to go in less than a Week, easy. This is no idle threat, I will do it, if you push me any farther with this cow cookies. You create competition for me and you better get ready for some of your own.

Nobody’s ever even heard of koldking, (which doesn’t sound like a roofing company, by the way) it’s not even what I would consider a Company. Its rednecks getting drunk and building spray rigs instead of BBQ grills.

Go to hell, you inbred, fat ass, lazy, Southern Baptist, chicken poop, redneck, piece of poop.

Your poor Father, (who sounds like a real man,) must be awful disappointed in you. Now you’ve screwed this up too, shameful really. What a disappointment.

Edited by - Wyatt Earp on 11/23/2011 2:12:08 PM

Wyatt Earp
Advanced Member

7196 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  2:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Decided to mess with the guy some, and sent him this:

Just another reminder, you need to send your check for $500 to me by Friday or I will take measures necessary to protect our interests. And ###, since you seem to be under the false impression that I'm "extorting" money from you, here's how we're going to get around that goody notion. It's not about money, ###, it's a matter of principle - you owe the money and I'm not going to let you slide on that.

So, you can make your $500 check out to the ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). We are just not going to sit by while you rip us off.

And ###, I don't trust you to send your check direct to ASPCA, so send it to me and I will get it to ASPCA.

###, you have to do this by Friday, otherwise I will have set legal actions in motion that cannot be reversed without it costing you additional money.

Edited by - Wyatt Earp on 11/23/2011 2:24:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

CDMead

2275 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  3:03:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wyatt Earp

And since you are threatening me, let me tell you what I will do. If you ever try to break our agreement and sell rigs in my territory (Ever) I will immediately begin manufacturing and selling my own roofing rigs. They will be better built, $5,000 cheaper than yours and marketed properly. I have been building sealcoating machines for over 20 Years, they are very similar, and 10 times more complicated than this piece of poop that your peddling. There’s nothing to them I can have one built and ready to go in less than a Week, easy. This is no idle threat, I will do it, if you push me any farther with this cow cookies. You create competition for me and you better get ready for some of your own.

That one right there told me all I need to know. All bluster and no rain.
Go to Top of Page

River Rat
Advanced Member

USA
9003 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  3:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. Every day, without fail, a member of the human race amazes me. Have fun with this one.

An armed society is a polite society -- R. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page

Removed at users request.
Advanced Member

USA
5896 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  3:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you make those machines that run off the snaplock metal roofing?
Go to Top of Page

bpost

USA
29259 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  3:46:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like this one.
Go to hell, you inbred, fat ass, lazy, Southern Baptist, chicken poop, redneck, piece of poop.

You are double poop in his book.

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Go to Top of Page

jimdeere
Advanced Member

USA
10708 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  4:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bpost

I like this one.

You are double poop in his book.

Unbelievable, Wyatt. I never imagined you as a redneck.

"... For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!" But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot..."

Edited by - jimdeere on 11/23/2011 4:03:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

cce1302
Advanced Member

USA
8776 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  4:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have the agreement on royalties in writing?

Go to Top of Page

dheffley

20960 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  4:38:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smack him in the pocket with a law suit and be done with the piece of crap.

Expect the unexpected!

If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded by
UNITED STATES MARINES!

I will not cede more power to the state. I will not willingly cede more power to anyone, not to the state, not to General Motors, not to the CIO. I will hoard my power like a miser, resisting every effort to drain it away from me. I will then use my power, as I see fit. I mean to live my life an obedient man, but obedient to God, subservient to the wisdom of my ancestors; never to the authority of political truths arrived at yesterday at the voting booth. That is a program of sorts, is it not? It is certainly program enough to keep conservatives busy, and liberals at bay. And the nation free. William F. Buckley Jr.

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

21219 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  4:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
which lake does this gypsy have his mansion on???
Go to Top of Page

Wyatt Earp
Advanced Member

7196 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  4:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Johnson

Do you make those machines that run off the snaplock metal roofing?

No but those are pretty slick. Ours just pumps Bentonite Clay asphalt emulsion, and has a Binks choppergun that chops/blend glass fibers with the emulsion. Very similar to the way they build a boat or RV, except we use asphalt rather than resin.
Go to Top of Page

Wyatt Earp
Advanced Member

7196 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  4:44:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cce1302

You have the agreement on royalties in writing?

Yep. I have about 50 e-mails detailing the whole transaction, too.

He's all bluff. He's a conman and has been in trouble with the law a jillion times - a guy like that rarely wants to go in a legal direction.

I can't believe I was too dopey to check the guy out beforehand.
Go to Top of Page

rong
Advanced Member

USA
5379 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  4:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All talk!
Go to Top of Page

yoshmyster
Advanced Member

Japan
11250 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  5:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a movie that was interesting with Bill Paxton you might wanna see.
Go to Top of Page

allen griggs
Advanced Member

USA
27104 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  6:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These scum are a disgrace to the Irish in America.

I have been to their community outside of Augusta Georgia.

It is unreal, a development of about 400 houses. Expensive houses but they are gaudy. Bright blue or red window trim, gaudy dormers and entrance ways.
In every yard is a big shrine, usually a 5 foot high Madonna with her shawl painted blue, etc.

In every drive way, a hundred thousand dollars worth of wheels, brand new big pickup trucks etc.
These Irish scum make a lot of money!
Go to Top of Page

Sooeyman2035
Advanced Member

USA
3034 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  6:31:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may need to hire someone to do a direct consultation with this guy!

"courage is being scared but saddling up anyways" JOHN WAYNE-- 30 yr. LEO ret. USMC 62-67
Go to Top of Page

pirate2501

1470 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  6:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of them don't work they just take deposits
Go to Top of Page

bigoutside
Advanced Member

USA
14503 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  6:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why do you think he is a Traveller?

I would expect him to be sweet as pie if he were.

You'd never see your money again, and he'd change his name. But I wouldn't expect him to be such an A-hole.
Go to Top of Page

Wyatt Earp
Advanced Member

7196 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  7:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigoutside

Why do you think he is a Traveller?

I suspected it for awhile, then read this complaint site about him:
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/gorman-paving-gainesville-virginia-c272699.html

There are many intersting comments about him on that site - here is one of them:

pat gorman is the son of john gorman.john gorman was recently captured and arrested for fraud and numerous other scams envolving paving and home improvements.the gormans are apart of the traveller clans from whitesettlement, tx. the gormans, daleys, carrolls, gallaghers, rileys, price, stanleys and the toogoods.you remember margret toogood.she is the one that made national news by being caught on video beating a child in the back seat of her car in a parking lot.well her husband has been arrested in montana twice for fraud.all these families have a long rap sheet.they will be in wyoming and montana this summer 2010.if you see them call the law.one of their "cousins" harry t.riley was recently arrested for attacking a w.w.2 vet. with a crowbar and robbing him.these pavers are bad news.if you need more info. contact me @ roadbaron@rocketmail.com.

Edited by - Wyatt Earp on 11/23/2011 7:11:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wyatt Earp
Advanced Member

7196 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  7:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this spring when the Irish Travellers flock to town jacking everyone up to do their shoddy paving with used crankcase oil, I'm gonna put a sign right out at the end of the drive:

NO IRISH TRAVELLERS
WE DON'T NEED ANY PAVING
TURN AROUND, YOU'RE TRESPASSING
Go to Top of Page

allen griggs
Advanced Member

USA
27104 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  8:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
His name is Gorman, that is one of the four families from Augusta.
Scurlock is one of the others.

Now this guy lives in Whitesettlement Texas. I didn't know the Travelers had a Texas outpost, I thought they were all in Augusta.
Actually, not in Ga. but just across the Savannah River in SC, just outside of Augusta.
Go to Top of Page

Wyatt Earp
Advanced Member

7196 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  2:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy cow! What was I thinking when I did business with this clown? He has an entire website, complete with his name in the domain name, dedicated to informing people about him. He has now threatened to "send 300-400 of my cousins from Fort Worth to visit you."

Here's the website:
http://www.gormanpaving.info/Home_Page.php
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

19863 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  2:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tell him you're English enough to know all about him and his pikey friends, and are prepared to properly deal with them all, and over a very, very long time, unless you can come to honest terms.

They are bigger targets than you are.

But be prepared for WW3.

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

yoshmyster
Advanced Member

Japan
11250 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  04:44:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if they'll look like the gypos from "Snatch" or the folks from "Riches" or a mix bag of carnies?
Go to Top of Page

jjmitchell60
Advanced Member

USA
3602 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  1:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We used to have them hit this area every spring to paint barns and barn roofs. they did a job for a man who everyone around here knows is not tightly wrapped if wrapped at all. he paid as he does but it rained 2 days later washing ALL the roof coating off as well as 90% of the barn paint. The ones who did the work were still in the area, he confronted them to which the reply was basically "tough lick"/ Well a few days later one of the main ones getting teh jobs for the con artist out fit came up missing and to this day has never been found. It is a cold case. The man who is was not to tightly wrapped was questioned as were about 20 or so others they scammed but nothing ever done nor was the man ever found. The man who they think disposed of the con artist dies a couple years ago and the case is still an active case. Ponds were dragged, river dragged, woods walked, and nother ever found IF the man who they thing caused the con artist to disapper did so, he took it to his grave. We no no longer have them show up here at all any more for some reason! This all took place 2 counties over from us where the area is really geting into the mountains hard.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." --
Benjamin Franklin

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes Duty..."
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

sgm hag

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  1:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jjmitchell60

We used to have them hit this area every spring to paint barns and barn roofs. they did a job for a man who everyone around here knows is not tightly wrapped if wrapped at all. he paid as he does but it rained 2 days later washing ALL the roof coating off as well as 90% of the barn paint. The ones who did the work were still in the area, he confronted them to which the reply was basically "tough lick"/ Well a few days later one of the main ones getting teh jobs for the con artist out fit came up missing and to this day has never been found. It is a cold case. The man who is was not to tightly wrapped was questioned as were about 20 or so others they scammed but nothing ever done nor was the man ever found. The man who they think disposed of the con artist dies a couple years ago and the case is still an active case. Ponds were dragged, river dragged, woods walked, and nother ever found IF the man who they thing caused the con artist to disapper did so, he took it to his grave. We no no longer have them show up here at all any more for some reason! This all took place 2 counties over from us where the area is really geting into the mountains hard.

PIGS/HOGS! A forensics' worst nightmare. When we used to varmit hunt we'd skin out the coyotes and bobcats and haul the full carcasses over to a local hog farmer. We'd throw them over the fence and in no time there was nothing left. Just the same mud, crap and stinky water as before. Teeth, hair, eyeball and all just gone forever.

I'm not suggesting anyone doing anything illegal, I'm just saying you sure don't wanna fall in a hog pen!

I only know two things for sure about women...and they're both wrong!
Go to Top of Page

MaxOHMS
Advanced Member

USA
11394 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  1:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should feed him to the hogs for calling you a Southern Baptist.

Go to Top of Page

yoshmyster
Advanced Member

Japan
11250 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2011 :  04:11:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh here's the movie on HULU http://www.hulu.com/watch/265511/traveller
Go to Top of Page

footlong
Advanced Member

7326 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2011 :  05:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Sherlocks,Rileys dont pull any of their tricks around Augusta. The community they where reside is known as Murphy Village. Located near the intersection of l-20 & US 25. They are famous nationwide for their "BUSINESS" prowess

Edited by - footlong on 11/26/2011 05:29:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

pirate2501

1470 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2011 :  07:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Read the entire complaint on the homeowner's web site. The way it's written tells me they are intelligent people. However they blew it when they said mistake #5, they didn't read the entire contract carefully enough
Go to Top of Page

allen griggs
Advanced Member

USA
27104 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2011 :  09:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, footlong, it is Murphy Village.
When these Mick gypsies came over during the Potato Famine they were notorious mule traders and crooks. They had horses and wagons.
A lot of the Travelers had congregated around Augusta and an Irish priest named Murphy took pity on them and bought some land for them to stay on, this became known as Murphy Village.
Go to Top of Page

JnRockwall
Advanced Member

USA
13554 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2011 :  09:56:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allen griggs

These scum are a disgrace to the Irish in America.

I have been to their community outside of Augusta Georgia.

It is unreal, a development of about 400 houses. Expensive houses but they are gaudy. Bright blue or red window trim, gaudy dormers and entrance ways.
In every yard is a big shrine, usually a 5 foot high Madonna with her shawl painted blue, etc.

In every drive way, a hundred thousand dollars worth of wheels, brand new big pickup trucks etc.
These Irish scum make steal a lot of money!

fixed it

“When the South raised its sword against the Union’s Flag, it was in defense of the Union’s Constitution.”
Confederate General John B. Gordon

I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you Red Webster
Go to Top of Page

JnRockwall
Advanced Member

USA
13554 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2011 :  10:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sooeyman2035

You may need to hire someone to do a direct consultation with this guy!

+1

“When the South raised its sword against the Union’s Flag, it was in defense of the Union’s Constitution.”
Confederate General John B. Gordon

I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you Red Webster
Go to Top of Page

shootuadeal
Advanced Member

USA
3771 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2011 :  12:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This whole thread blew my mind, I had to send texts out to my two brothers to check it out.

I had never heard the term Irish travelers before. Ed Carroll , mentioned earlier, did paving for us a few years ago, all three of our driveways look like crap, we would like to bury him under the rubble of asphalt when we tear our driveways out because they were done so crappy. And of course the typical add two thousand dollars to the cost over what was estimated.

what scum.

My auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=688208

drydocksports.com
Go to Top of Page

Wyatt Earp
Advanced Member

7196 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2011 :  12:09:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shootusadeal, I had the same thing when I needed a driveway for a coffee shop. An Irish traveller gave me a price that was half of what other contrtactors wanted (that shoulda been my first clue). He came to me wanting a $1500 downpayment and I said no. He said his wife was in thew hospital and he needed the money, I still said no. He said he'd leave his 1/4 million dollars of equipment on my property as collateral. I said ok...I'm an idiot.

He went straight my my bank and cashed my check, then as soon as I left for 15 minutes, he managed to get all his equipment loaded up and gone.

Then he had the nerve to call me and tell me he needed another draw because the asphalt plant was keeping "my" hot mix hot over the weekend and I had no choice but to continue. I called the owner of the asphalt company and he laughed, told me the guy was a crook and that he doesn't keep asphalt hot over the weekend for anyone.

The traveller called me back and threatened me. I told him if I ever saw him again I'd smack him.

Edited by - Wyatt Earp on 11/27/2011 12:09:34 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page