GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 MAUSER - Safety for scope use
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sandman

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2003 :  9:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI - I want to install a low profile (or modified) safety on a 7mm model 98 mauser I am trying to sportorize, bbl replaced, mil sights removed, bbl shortened and crowned,bolt handle cut bent welded ground and polished, drilled tapped and mounts installed - now I need to replace the safety, I'm confused, I've been told an after factory drop in is available with instructions and no smithing required, I've been told I have to bring in the bolt for machineing and fitting and I've been told I have to bring in the complete gun for fitting and machineeing. I don't know who is right and if a drop in kit is available where I can set one - PLEASE ADVISE - THANKS - "the sandman" email dlscas@earthlink.net or post reply here - THANKS AGAIN

jjmitchell60
Advanced Member

USA
3602 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2003 :  12:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They make a safety that replaces the original safety except it flips the opposite direction as the original one. Sarco has them but I would recomend that you replace the trigger with after market trigger that has the thumb safety. Very little work to do and a dremel tool will cut out what little needs cutting. Again Sarco has them for under $40. Contact Sarco or look at www.mauser98.com for links and info on building custom mausers. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

jjmitchell60
Advanced Member

USA
3602 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2003 :  12:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry that I gave wrong URL on mausers. It is: www.98mauser.com
It has been a long day and it is almost 1:00 AM but this is the right URL!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page