GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Ramline 22 psitol
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jumptrap

183 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  09:19:40 AM  Show Profile
Didn't Ramline market a plastic framed 22 semi-auto a few years back? Perhaps somebody else was the maker. Anyway, I have never seen one, just wondering if anybody else has any experience with one.

bambihunter
Advanced Member

USA
9555 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  10:22:34 AM  Show Profile
I think that it failed on the market
I have never seen any of these in a gun shop or on the range.

Ramline semi auto .22 pistol - if it was the same quality as the rest of their stuff I likely wouldn't shoot it.
Go to Top of Page

JudgeColt

2381 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  10:32:48 AM  Show Profile
The Ram-Line pistols were made from about 1990 through 1995 in a couple of different models and variations. They were mostly plastic, and offered unique grip shapes and features. The early ones were, by most standards, ugly, but the grip shape was very ergonomic. The later Ram-Tech variation looks more "normal."

I have a Ram-Tech, which was the last model made. It is a fairly nice looking pistol. The feature that attracted me is the 15-round standard magazine, and the 20-round extra-capacity magazine. (I am looking for extra 15-round and 20-round magazines if anyone has any for sale.) My pistol is reliable, and is an interesting footnote in the firearms boom of the 1990s.
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15892 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  10:54:08 AM  Show Profile
Believe? that these were the same pistols that "Magnum Research" sold under the "Mountain Eagle" name circa mid 1990"s.
The "Ram-Lines" were sold under the "Exactor" and "Ram-Tech" names earlier in the decade.
Go to Top of Page

bambihunter
Advanced Member

USA
9555 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  5:45:08 PM  Show Profile
One would have thought they would have designed an action that would accept on of thier own Ramline magazines without retooling. The 10/22 would have been a nice choice, I could just see a 50 rounder sticking out the botton of a pistol
They probably would have had contractual nightmares clearing that with Ruger or else pay royalties...
Go to Top of Page

boeboe
Advanced Member

4009 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  6:29:42 PM  Show Profile
I see them pretty frequently here in the midwest (Kansas), around $150.00 used. Maybe I'll pay more attention to them, I figured they weren't that great.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.

ADDED:

BAMBIHUNTER!

Wichita! If you make it to any coluseum shows, I'll be set up. Where you from, always looking for places to explore new shows!

Edited by - boeboe on 03/27/2003 10:17:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jumptrap

183 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  8:24:22 PM  Show Profile
thanks folks....that's the critter I was thinking of. I recall the inverted looking grip frame.

Go to Top of Page

bambihunter
Advanced Member

USA
9555 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  9:10:33 PM  Show Profile
I probably shouldn't post this here, but where are you at in KS boe? I go to the SE corner all the time (going in a couple of weeks)
Go to Top of Page

lrarmsx

1733 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  11:42:21 PM  Show Profile
FYI, Ramline made the Mountain Eagle for Magnum Research as well as making their own gun. The grip frame was polymer and the upper was aluminum. The barrel was poly with a steel liner in it. The basic design was taken from the Ruger MKII. Although they weren't interchangeable, it was obvious that the basic design came from the Ruger.

Judge, I have the factory 10rd and the 15rd mags available. I might even have a couple of the 20rd left. LRARMSX@MCHSI.COM

Go to Top of Page

hoosier

USA
731 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  12:53:34 PM  Show Profile
JudgeColt contact for magazines, have some 15 shot new magazinesf.
www.hoosiergunworks.com
www.ramlinestocks.com
Go to Top of Page

PublicJohn
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  11:56:56 AM  Show Profile
I have one of the Ramline Exactors and I WAS very happy with it until the 3 mags I had broke. It never jammed and pointed well. The price was hard to beat. The mags had this little follower/tang that would hold the slide open on the last round fired. They broke off. The gun still worked fine but the of course not having the slide held open sucked. I sent the 3 mags into Ramline and the sent me 3 new ones that did not work at all in my gun. It turns out that they made a few changes in the gun design and also in the mags so the new mags will not work in the old guns. They said I would have to send my gun back so they could fix it. By the time I got around to doing so they went out of business. I got tired of looking at the thing last year and decided to see what I could do to make it work and the only cure I could come up with would make most people cringe. I wrapped a bunch of tape around the mags to make that fit right. It works but I would much rather find 3 old style mags or get a Mountail Eagle or other Ramline gun that the 3 mags would work in. I wish I could say it is a good gun because it almost is in that it feeds everything and hits what I point at, but the crappy mag issue makes it a stinker.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page