GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Politics
 Really need to get them out of Afganistan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  8:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Huling's death was originally reported by the International Security Assistance Force, which characterized it as the result of gunshot wounds inflicted by an individual wearing an Afghan National Army uniform.

I'm getting 2-3 of these notices each day From DoD.

Edited by - COLT on 05/10/2012 5:38:59 PM

bpost

Faroe Islands
36722 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  9:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pull our troops and NUKE the whole country into a glass lined parking lot that glows in the dark.

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Go to Top of Page

CS8161
Advanced Member

USA
14059 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  12:15:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It disgusts me to see those commercials for the "Wounded Warriors Project". All those young men whose lives were changed forever in that hell hole, coming home missing arms, legs, hands, suffering brain damage, loss of vision and other horrors, all for what??? For a dirtball, flea infested, backwards country full of people all too happy to take U.S. taxpayers money and return the favor with hatred and violence. I don't understand how our government can pour millions of dollars down that sewer pipe called Afghanistan and expect us to believe its in our national interest to do so. We need to get the hell out of there and stop putting young American lives in harms way for goals that are impossible to achieve. Those scumbags in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq hate the USA and nothing is going to change that.

CS8161
Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!

My Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=144598

Edited by - CS8161 on 05/08/2012 12:16:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

DirtyDawg

USA
967 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  12:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man
is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more
is a congress." - John Adams (1735-1826)
Go to Top of Page

KSUmarksman
Advanced Member

USA
11363 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  12:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"The Graveyard of Empires"

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson (my facebook quote :) )
Go to Top of Page

Laredo Lefty
Advanced Member

USA
13282 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  12:50:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kipling had it right......

"East is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet"

Our culture and that of the "middle" east can and never will be alike. When "friendly" troops from our host country are regularly killing out troops its time to get the hell out of there.

They will still be using donkeys for transportation a hundred years from now just like they were 500 years ago. They should stay on their side of the planet, and we will stay on our side except when they attack us and then we will send the drones and B-52s.

Joe
"Never let school interfere with your education"
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43728 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  02:22:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CS8161

It disgusts me to see those commercials for the "Wounded Warriors Project". All those young men whose lives were changed forever in that hell hole, coming home missing arms, legs, hands, suffering brain damage, loss of vision and other horrors, all for what??? For a dirtball, flea infested, backwards country full of people all too happy to take U.S. taxpayers money and return the favor with hatred and violence. I don't understand how our government can pour millions of dollars down that sewer pipe called Afghanistan and expect us to believe its in our national interest to do so. We need to get the hell out of there and stop putting young American lives in harms way for goals that are impossible to achieve. Those scumbags in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq hate the USA and nothing is going to change that.

We have our leading democratic and republican politicians to thank for that.

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

Waco Waltz
Advanced Member

USA
12270 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  04:58:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Bankers say we will be staying till at least 2021. It's been said before. Vote Ron Paul.

“There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.”
George Orwell, 1984
Go to Top of Page

dennisnielsen
Advanced Member

USA
42232 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  07:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bpost

Pull our troops and NUKE the whole country into a glass lined parking lot that glows in the dark.

game over

God fearing & gun owner and I'm keeping Them both.

You city slickers keep your gun control to yourselves.
You are living with too many asses per acre with no safe backstop.
Besides,the broadside of a barn is not the x-ring. ;]

Go to Top of Page

Sav99
Advanced Member

Sri Lanka
14189 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  11:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bpost

Billions of dollars in opium a year and you think they should nuke it? Never happen, too much untraceable money to be made.

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  11:32:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
DOD Identifies Army Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Staff Sgt. Thomas K. Fogarty, 30, of Alameda, Calif., died May 6, in Ahmad-Kheyl, Afghanistan, from injuries sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion (Airborne), 509th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska.

As I said daily I get these messages. This was in my E-mail box this morning.
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

31695 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  11:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i suspect our military involvement in septic systems around the world is a tacit PAYBACK on our stupid incurred debt to china...they are coming in these countries and snapping up the natural resources WITHOUT expending any money or lives......
Go to Top of Page

River Rat
Advanced Member

USA
9010 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  2:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, when we pulled the plug on the South Vietnamese in 1975 I felt bad for them. When we finally pull the plug on the Afghanis and leave them to happily blow each other up, I will raise a toast. Next time we need to intervene because they were hosting bad guys, I say we just carpet bomb the country for ten years. Not a single boot needs to get dirty.

An armed society is a polite society -- R. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page

nmyers
Advanced Member

15311 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  3:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
95% of the world's opium still comes from Afganistan. We've sure made a big difference.

Neal
Go to Top of Page

B17-P51

Vatican City
1717 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  4:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got one over there right now. It is more dangerous now than in his other 7 visits.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  5:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well just got another.

quote:
DOD Identifies Army Casualties

The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

They died May 2 in Logar province, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained when insurgents attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 7th Engineer Battalion, 10th Sustainment Brigade, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.

Killed were:

2nd Lt. David E. Rylander, 23, of Stow, Ohio.

Spc. Junot M. L. Cochilus, 34, of Charlotte, N.C.

By the way these notices are not sent to me till the Family has already been informed. I get them because of the PGR.
Go to Top of Page

Rack Ops
Advanced Member

USA
21002 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  5:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What an epic waste....
Go to Top of Page

Dammitboy
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  9:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by River Rat

Next time we need to intervene because they were hosting bad guys, I say we just carpet bomb the country for ten years. Not a single boot needs to get dirty.

Exactly, no more nation building in the middle east! Bomb them back to the sand age and rinse and repeat as required.

And while we're at it, why don't we close half of the 1000 overseas military bases we don't need?

"I'd rather be a crackhead in a New York City jail than king or queen of the rest of the world." ~ P.J. O'Rourke
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  6:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daily.

quote:

The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of three soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

They died May 7, in Ghazni province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.

Killed were:

Sgt. Jacob M. Schwallie, 22, of Clarksville, Tenn.

Spc. Chase S. Marta, 24, of Chico, Calif.

Pfc. Dustin D. Gross, 19, of Jeffersonville, Ky.

Heard thru different channels there should be one coming for the Marines.
Go to Top of Page

CS8161
Advanced Member

USA
14059 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  6:24:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grumpygy

Daily.

quote:

The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of three soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

They died May 7, in Ghazni province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.

Killed were:

22, 24 and 19 years old...what a terrible waste of young lives. What the hell is wrong with our government??? I wonder if Bill and Hillary Clinton had a son, would they send their kid to fight and die in that craphole? What about Obamma? Bush? Cheney? Rumsfeld? Would any high level government official allow their kid to get blown up in Afghanistan? As long as its someone else's kids doing the fighting and dying, its ok.

CS8161
Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!

My Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=144598

Go to Top of Page

Marc1301
Advanced Member

USA
33495 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  6:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Soviets tried it for years, and they were possibly a bit more 'brutal' than us.

Yes,....I know we were arming the opposition at the time, but I really don't think the outcome would have been any different.

These folks have NO desire to advance beyond the stone age, other than certain leaders with something to gain monetarily.

I was totally in favor of huge air strikes to eliminate the Taliban 'allowed' training camps.

At this point I would bring them all back home, and leave a warning note for the Afghans.

Allow training camps to exist again, and we will use tactical nukes.
Beyond that,......I don't give a rat's azz about Afghanistan.

It's long past time for our troops to stop losing lives, and limbs for the equivalent of cavemen, and drug cartels.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here." William Shatner
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  9:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CS8161

quote:

Daily.

quote:

Killed were:

22, 24 and 19 years old...what a terrible waste of young lives. What the hell is wrong with our government??? I wonder if Bill and Hillary Clinton had a son, would they send their kid to fight and die in that craphole? What about Obamma? Bush? Cheney? Rumsfeld? Would any high level government official allow their kid to get blown up in Afghanistan? As long as its someone else's kids doing the fighting and dying, its ok.

Only real on I found.

quote:
Senator John McCain (R- AZ)
Son is a U.S. Marine serving in Iraq War.

Its an old statement.
Go to Top of Page

capgun

1816 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  12:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We all seem to agree, but the last poll I saw showed 40% of the people still felt we need to be there. And I bet McCain is one of them.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  4:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the other affects of these deployments.

quote:
Army Releases April Suicide Data

The Army released suicide data today for the month of April. During April, among active-duty soldiers, there were 14 potential suicides: two have been confirmed as suicides and 12 remain under investigation. For March, the Army reported 18 potential suicides among active-duty soldiers. Since the release of that report, 12 have been confirmed as suicides and six remain under investigation. For 2012, there have been 61 potential active-duty suicides: 35 have been confirmed as suicides and 26 remain under investigation. Active-duty suicide numbers for 2011: 164 (164 have been confirmed as suicides and none remain under investigation).

During April, among reserve component soldiers who were not on active duty, there were 13 potential suicides (five Army National Guard and eight Army Reserve): two have been confirmed as suicide and 11 remain under investigation. For March, among that same group, the Army reported 10 potential suicides (seven Army National Guard and three Army Reserve). Since the release of that report, six have been confirmed as suicides and four remain under investigation. For 2012, there have been 34 potential not on active duty suicides (22 Army National Guard and 12 Army Reserve): 18 have been confirmed as suicides and 16 remain under investigation. Updated not on active duty suicide numbers for 2011: 118 (82 Army National Guard and 36 Army Reserve); 118 have been confirmed as suicides and none remain under investigation.

"The Army's ability and commitment to care for our nation's greatest treasure -- America's sons and daughters -- is the bedrock of our nation's trust in our Army. A key component of our commitment to maintaining this trust is our ongoing effort to reduce the stigma of seeking help when needed. By achieving a cultural change that encourages help-seeking behaviors, we will be postured to more effectively combat suicide within our ranks," said Brig. Gen. Barrye L. Price, director, human resources policy, Army G-1.

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  6:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WTH
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  2:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least its been quite for a few days. But they are now back at it.

quote:

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

1st Lt. Alejo R. Thompson, 30, of Yuma, Ariz., died May 11 in Bagram, Afghanistan, when enemy forces attacked his unit with small-arms fire. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 12th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Carson, Colo

Go to Top of Page

wpage
Advanced Member

USA
11870 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  4:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its not only shameful these pointless wars.

The waste of energy resources. The EPA should sue DOD for carbon emissions.

The ruined lives of soldiers and families is truly crimninal. These government warmongers should be held accountable.

"With Liberty and Justice for all"
"You shall receive power"
Acts 1:8
"My word does not return void, it will accomplish what I wanted"
Isiah 55:11
United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  4:39:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
DOD Identifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Sgt. Wade D. Wilson, 22, of Normangee, Texas, died May 11 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  7:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are making up for a quite weekend.

quote:

Spc. Alex Hernandez III, 21, of Round Rock, Texas, died May 12, in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

Hernandez was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 25th Aviation Regiment, 25th Combat Aviation Brigade, 25th Infantry Division, Wheeler Army Airfield, Hawaii.

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2012 :  6:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

They died May 13, in Bowri Tana, Afghanistan, when the enemy attacked their vehicle with an improvised explosive device. The soldiers were assigned to the 425th Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska.

Killed were:

Sgt. Brian L. Walker, 25, of Lucerne Valley, Calif., and

Pfc. Richard L. McNulty III, 22, Rolla, Mo.

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  12:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Staff Sgt. Israel P. Nuanes, 38, of Las Cruces, N.M., died May 12, in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained during an enemy attack with an improvised explosive device.

Nuanes was assigned to 741st Ordnance Company, Fort Bliss, Texas, part of the 84th Ordnance Battalion, 71st Ordnance Group.

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  12:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So how many hear of these Casualties except on here.
Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
25010 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  1:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So how many hear of these Casualties except on here.

I only hear of those from my and adjoining states, grumpygy, in the paper and on local and national news.

Thank you for keeping this thread going.

We do need to bring them home now, and alive.

'Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.'
Brad Steele.

'The Constitution that was actually enacted and formally amended creates islands of government powers in a sea of liberty. The judicially redacted constitution creates islands of liberty rights in a sea of governmental powers.'
Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2012 :  6:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have not stopped posting the Casualties. Its just been a very good couple of days so far and we have none. Thankfully.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  6:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well they are back at it.

quote:

The Department of Defense announced today the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

They died May 18, in Asadabad, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with an indirect fire. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion (Air Assault), 377th Field Artillery Regiment, 17th Fires Brigade, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.

Killed were:

Sgt. Michael J. Knapp, 28, of Overland Park, Kan., and

Sgt. Jabraun S. Knox, 23, of Fort Wayne, Ind.

Go to Top of Page

sovereignman
Advanced Member

USA
3342 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  8:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Huling's death was originally reported by the International Security Assistance Force, which characterized it as the result of gunshot wounds inflicted by an individual wearing an Afghan National Army uniform.

I'm getting 2-3 of these notices each day From DoD.

2-3 death notices a day is a crying shame and a reflection on American politics.

conflict after conflict in undeclared wars the tears of the parents and loved one abound, and for what?

I support organizations like Jews Against Zionism War in the Mideast serves only the interests of the Zionists.

Edited by - sovereignman on 05/21/2012 8:58:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  10:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Department of Defense announced today the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

They died May 20, in Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 168th Brigade Support Battalion, 214th Fires Brigade, Fort Sill, Okla.

Killed were:

Capt. Jesse A. Ozbat, 28, of, Prince George, Va., and

2nd Lt. Tobias C. Alexander, 30, of Lawton, Okla.

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  10:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Spc. Samuel T. Watts, 20, of Wheaton, Ill., died May 19, in Bethesda, Md., of wounds sustained April 25, in Zharay, Afghanistan, when he was attacked with an enemy improvised explosive device.

Watts was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.

Go to Top of Page

DirtyDawg

USA
967 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  11:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I own a carwash on a major thoroughfare in my community. About 6 years ago I initiated the formation of a Blue Star Moms chapter in my area. I have a large sign with billboard space that I announce special events.

I'm thinking I should designate one side of my sign to say:

# of U.S. Soldiers Killed last week
XX

And then update it every Sunday. Thoughts?? Is there anyway I could get added to the PGR announcement list?? Or, would someone sum and e-mail this to me each week??

Thoughts?? Only trying to notify the sheep....maybe some day they will wake up.

Go to Top of Page

sovereignman
Advanced Member

USA
3342 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  11:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDawg

I own a carwash on a major thoroughfare in my community. About 6 years ago I initiated the formation of a Blue Star Moms chapter in my area. I have a large sign with billboard space that I announce special events.

I'm thinking I should designate one side of my sign to say:

# of U.S. Soldiers Killed last week
XX

And then update it every Sunday. Thoughts?? Is there anyway I could get added to the PGR announcement list?? Or, would someone sum and e-mail this to me each week??

Thoughts?? Only trying to notify the sheep....maybe some day they will wake up.

http://www.defense.gov/news/casualty.pdf

http://www.defense.gov/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=15300

U.S. Department of Defense Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs) News Release
On the Web:
http://www.defense.gov/Releases/Release.aspx?ReleaseID=15300

Media contact: +1 (703) 697-5131/697-5132

Public contact:
http://www.defense.gov/landing/comment.aspx
or +1 (703) 571-3343

May God rest their souls and Americans wake from their slumber.

I support organizations like Jews Against Zionism War in the Mideast serves only the interests of the Zionists.

Edited by - sovereignman on 05/21/2012 11:59:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  12:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get mine thru the DOD List listed above. It comes out as an e-mail with each and every one.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  12:06:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
# of U.S. Soldiers Serviceman Killed last week

Sorry but Soldiers says Army. Serviceman says all Branches.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  10:33:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought on this over night not sure it would be good to show KIA's on a board for Blue Star Moms.
Go to Top of Page

DirtyDawg

USA
967 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  8:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thought on this over night not sure it would be good to show KIA's on a board for Blue Star Moms.

The sign I'm referring to is actually the sign for my carwash & storage. I tried to post a pic of it, but can't figure it out. It's just a sign with 2 rows of text. It's not specifically for the BSM's.

I certainly would not want to do anything to cause grief or angst.

Instead, should I put something like, On Memorial Day, think of the 4,000+ servicemembers killed in the Middle East

Again, certainly not trying to upset or hurt anyone....just wanting to bring attention to the # of deaths. And certainly, after Memorial Day, I'd like to post something about the ongoing deaths.

Thoughts?? I will respect all suggestions and recommendations. I'm only trying to bring attention to the ongoing loss of human life in a sand box where we don't belong.

Go to Top of Page

sovereignman
Advanced Member

USA
3342 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  8:44:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDawg

quote:

The sign I'm referring to is actually the sign for my carwash & storage. I tried to post a pic of it, but can't figure it out. It's just a sign with 2 rows of text. It's not specifically for the BSM's.

I certainly would not want to do anything to cause grief or angst.

Instead, should I put something like, On Memorial Day, think of the 4,000+ servicemembers killed in the Middle East

Again, certainly not trying to upset or hurt anyone....just wanting to bring attention to the # of deaths. And certainly, after Memorial Day, I'd like to post something about the ongoing deaths.

Thoughts?? I will respect all suggestions and recommendations. I'm only trying to bring attention to the ongoing loss of human life in a sand box where we don't belong.

Don.t post names, post overall figures say over a month to month period.Or yearly.

Go to Top of Page

DirtyDawg

USA
967 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  10:22:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's my thought as well. But, should I wait until after Memorial Day?? Or, should I say something like:

"Thank you veterans"
"4,8XX lost since 2001"

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  8:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

2nd Lt. Travis A. Morgado, 25, of San Jose, Calif., died May 23 in Zharay, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained when insurgents attacked his patrol with an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 5th Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2012 :  6:56:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And How amny are Wounded. This list I only get for my local area sometimes.

quote:
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- A U.S. Army medic from Springfield was injured by an IED in Afghanistan.
Heidi Olson, a 2010 George Fox University graduate, has been flown back to the United States for treatment, according to GFU Public Information Officer Rob Felton.
Felton says 23-year-old Olson was one of three Army medics who was injured in an IED explosion on May 8 in Kandahar.
He says it happened when one of the other medics stepped on an IED after helping an injured soldier.
Olson's left eye was damaged. She also has second-degree burns on her face and minor shrapnel wounds on her left side and arm.

Go to Top of Page

Horney toad
Advanced Member

8595 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2012 :  8:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  10:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pfc. Cale C. Miller, 23, of Overland Park, Kan, died May 24, in Maiwand, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 4th Battalion, 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39333 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  11:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
DOD Identifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Cpl. Keaton G. Coffey, 22, of Boring, Ore., died May 24 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 1st Law Enforcement Battalion, 1st Marine Headquarters Group, 1st Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif

This one is closer to home.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page