GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
GunBroker.com Message Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

 All Forums
 GunBroker.com Message Forums
 General Discussion
 Help finding a rifle magazine !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Duce1
Advanced Member

USA
8455 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  11:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done several internet searches and always looking at gun shows but I can not find a needed magazine for a old 22 rifle I own.

It is a Iver Johnson "Trailblazer " Lakefeild 22 LR semi auto rifle. If anyone can do a better search than me for it I would greatly appreciate it.

COLT
Moderator

USA
14301 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  11:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...Post in the want ads Forums for one, Ive always had good results when looking for whatever...

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles



http://www.blindhogg.com/

"It's a poor damn man that can only spell a word one way!"...Harry S. Truman

"We will never try to placate an aggressor by the false and wicked bargain of trading honor for security"...Dwight D. Eisenhower


Go to Top of Page

TRAP55
Advanced Member

USA
6350 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  11:58:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same as a Savage M64
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=726080A&catid=4516


"Aim small, Miss small"
www.mausercentral.com
Go to Top of Page

ruger41
Advanced Member

USA
9852 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  11:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=14538

They have some of the parts..might give them a call even on the portions that say sold out because sometimes they have it but have not updated the website yet...for Iver parts..didnt know the savage mag would work..better snap it up lol.


Edited by - ruger41 on 08/29/2012 12:01:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

TRAP55
Advanced Member

USA
6350 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  03:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lakefield was a Canadian company that made the rifle for IJ in the 80's, Savage bought them out. The mags interchange between the Lakefield and Savage Model 64.


"Aim small, Miss small"
www.mausercentral.com
Go to Top of Page

Duce1
Advanced Member

USA
8455 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  11:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to know more information on the rifle. Now it is time to go get the magazine.
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

USA
37252 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  12:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wish I could help ya Duce1. Say, did you get yer machine shop all back into shape?

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

mond
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5768 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  1:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heres a new one - item *bay 221042595851

http://www.sweethillshootingsyndicate.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Duce1
Advanced Member

USA
8455 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  1:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

Wish I could help ya Duce1. Say, did you get yer machine shop all back into shape?



Yes it is up and running. Kind of nice to be ask to fill in at a Technical College for a teacher when he is not at work. I have done it twice now. They want me to teach an evening class on how to use manual mills to turn parts on and using a dividing head and manual rotary tables and slotter head and so on. I was shocked to find out even the teacher in the school did not know how to use this equipment ! I guess I am way out there in old school..............
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

USA
37252 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  1:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Duce1

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

Wish I could help ya Duce1. Say, did you get yer machine shop all back into shape?



Yes it is up and running. Kind of nice to be ask to fill in at a Technical College for a teacher when he is not at work. I have done it twice now. They want me to teach an evening class on how to use manual mills to turn parts on and using a dividing head and manual rotary tables and slotter head and so on. I was shocked to find out even the teacher in the school did not know how to use this equipment ! I guess I am way out there in old school..............

Good news indeed. Sorry state of the school teacher though.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

Duce1
Advanced Member

USA
8455 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  2:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

quote:
Originally posted by Duce1

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

Wish I could help ya Duce1. Say, did you get yer machine shop all back into shape?



Yes it is up and running. Kind of nice to be ask to fill in at a Technical College for a teacher when he is not at work. I have done it twice now. They want me to teach an evening class on how to use manual mills to turn parts on and using a dividing head and manual rotary tables and slotter head and so on. I was shocked to find out even the teacher in the school did not know how to use this equipment ! I guess I am way out there in old school..............

Good news indeed. Sorry state of the school teacher though.



I really am starting to believe it is a lost art.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06


Visit GunBroker.com at: www.gunbroker.com
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the site's User Agreement
Site Map