GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Something to think about
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TooBig
Advanced Member

USA
19655 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  06:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Subject: AC130's and armed predators at Benghazi

You know, it troubled me to hear that one of the SEALS in the fight in Benghazi was “painting” a target with his laser designator. You do not just “do” that. My suspicions were confirmed today by a long time operator who works with Spectre gunships and armed drones. Here is what he said: “Having spent a good bit of time nursing a GLD (ground Laser Designator) in several garden spots around the world, something from the report jumped out at me. One of the former SEALs was actively painting the target. That means that Specter WAS ON STATION! Probably an AC130U. A ground laser designator is not a briefing pointer laser. You do not “paint” a target until the weapons system/designator is synched; which means that the AC130 was on station.

Only two places could have called off the attack at that point; the WH situation command (based on POTUS direction) or AFRICOM commander based on information directly from the target area. If the AC130 never left Sigonella (as Panetta [sic] says) that means that the Predator that was filming the whole thing was armed.

If that SEAL was actively “painting” a target; something was on station to engage! And the decision to stand down goes directly to POTUS!” I paste and copied this from another thread, very compelling I’d say…

Ask military. You do not mark targets with laser, unless you are in contact with air support. Put simply, help was there.

There was communications, coordinates and laser painting targets. Doherty was trained in using the lasers in coordination with air support. He locked on to the mortar that ended up killing him.

It could have been taken out. Now Obama told a reporter that he had given an order to do everything necessary to save the victims. Either he’s lying or someone defied his order.
They are using the phrase “Stand Down”. Think about that.

There is a very stark difference between refusing help and a Stand Down order! The protocol is to scramble help when the call comes in. That way you are in position when the order is given to “go”. You have to be standing “Up” to receive a stand down order. Help was on scene and called off!

P.S. Gen Ham was replaced Think about that too!

Tell Congress it's time to Read the Bills First

Edited by - TooBig on 11/04/2012 12:40:56 PM

HandLoad
Advanced Member

12851 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  12:44:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has the "Ring of Truth" to me...I'll query the SpecOps Retired AC130 Drivers that I know next time I see 'em.

Laudate Nomen!
Go to Top of Page

legear
Advanced Member

USA
5630 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  12:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I said in the other thread:
quote:
Posted - 11/04/2012 : 09:34:45 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A caller to a local talk show, former military, talked about this the other day.

According to him Ty Woods had a "lock on" to a target. And "lock on" could ONLY happen if we had an armed weapon in the sky.
Basicly everything was in place for air support to join in but the o.k. to do so.

I dont know if this is true or not maybe someone here would know.

The caller said he has used the laser system before. If there was a lock on then that says we did in fact have something in the air.

"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
CHIEF JUSTICE JOHN MARSHALL
Marbury vs. Madison

Go to Top of Page

machine gun moran
Advanced Member

USA
5078 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  1:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obama's capacity for lies and subterfuge was established before he was even elected. Then again, so was Slick Willie's, who took up killing Serbian Christians where the Nazis and the Ustasha, left off.

And their future is to enjoy life on the lecture circuit, under the protection of their handlers and the mainstream media, for as long as they live.

Control is an illusion, because nobody knows what's going to happen next.
Go to Top of Page

austin20
Advanced Member

USA
25196 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  4:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by machine gun moran

Obama's capacity for lies and subterfuge was established before he was even elected. Then again, so was Slick Willie's, who took up killing Serbian Christians where the Nazis and the Ustasha, left off.

And their future is to enjoy life on the lecture circuit, under the protection of their handlers and the mainstream media, for as long as they live.

Sad but true.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
32221 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  5:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kept hearing that there was a drone in the area. Then kept hearing the one doing the filming was un armed. Well here is a report saying there were two.

quote:

Benghazi Rescue Force Told To Stand Down

by Daniel E. Rogell • Oct 26, 2012 at 4:56 pm

A CIA team a mile away from America's besieged consulate in Libya was told to stand down and was denied reinforcements, Fox News reported in the latest revelation of intelligence failures surrounding the September 11th attack. Despite military drones in the air above the incident and military forces on alert at nearby bases, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Thursday that the administration lacked the necessary information to deploy a rescue force.

CIA operators at a nearby safe house were told to "stand down" twice rather than try to help the ambassador's team after initial shots were fired at the consulate, the Fox report said. Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods and two other employees at the CIA annex ignored the orders and went to the consulate, rescuing the surviving diplomatic personnel. Following their return they requested backup for the then besieged CIA building, but were denied that request as well.

As mortars fell on the CIA building, a rooftop operative identified their source and called for air support. But American military forces refused to send in a Spectre gunship, despite more than sufficient time for forces to arrive from the Navy's Sigonella Air Station in Italy. Two separate Tier One Special Operations forces were also told to wait, included Delta Force troops. More than six hours into the attack, sufficient time to bring troops from European bases further afield, a mortar shell killed Woods and fellow former Navy SEAL Glen Doherty.

Panetta defended the administration's response Thursday, despite the continuing revelations. "(The) basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," Panetta told Pentagon reporters. "And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation."

He did not address the presence of two military drones providing live video feed of the attacks as they took place.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page