GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 AR-15 lower parts kit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

poppalee

1097 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  2:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was so smart. After obama's re-election, I knew that there would be a run on black guns, so I bought an AR lower. Smart huh?
Well... Not so smart. In my ignorance, I failed to understand that there would be a run on lower parts kits also. Now I am having trouble finding a quality parts kit.
Does anyone know where I can find a quality AR-15 lower parts kit at a reasonable price? ty

Riomouse911
Advanced Member

USA
2872 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  2:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck. Try the DMPS, it'll work just fine, and if they have an internet waiting list you'll be in line.
Go to Top of Page

poppalee

1097 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  2:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Checked out DPMS site and they have california kits only. Why, I don't know. Good prices on complete lowers though. Nothing for me. Shucks. Any other suggestions?

Can you believe I found these on ebay! Not that I would buy there, but knowing how unfriendly to guns they are, I was surprised.

Edited by - poppalee on 01/06/2013 3:21:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Toolfogie

910 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  4:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if these are "reasonable" or not, but there's a bunch of them.

http://www.GunBroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=AR-15 lower parts kit

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
Barry Goldwater 1964
Go to Top of Page

nononsense

9022 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  5:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
poppalee,

Here is one complete kit from DPMS:

http://www.amazon.com/DPMS-AR-15-Lower-Parts-LPK/dp/B00A723AQC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&m=A3DWC57Y3CLBF3&qid=1357510848&s=generic&sr=1-4

Bushmaster has the individual parts but they are sold out of the kits.

You can also buy a re-build kit with most of the parts then buy the rest of the parts individually from Bushmaster.

Best.

Go to Top of Page

yoshmyster
Advanced Member

Japan
11402 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  6:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For my .458 SOCOM build I used CMMG. Which was like $50 or so and it's pretty good. Fresh out of the box trigger pull is 5.5 pounds and we figure she'll settle about pound lighter after the break in. Now the price might've gone up but I like them.

Ordered a complete two stage Bushmaster build trigger for $205 (with shipping) so they can be had. Since not too many folks are going to drop that much coin for a trigger for a regular AR.

I reckon the Bushy two stage number cost more than the AR receiver .
Go to Top of Page

tsr1965
Advanced Member

USA
7158 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  6:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yoshmyster

For my .458 SOCOM build I used CMMG. Which was like $50 or so and it's pretty good. Fresh out of the box trigger pull is 5.5 pounds and we figure she'll settle about pound lighter after the break in. Now the price might've gone up but I like them.

Ordered a complete two stage Bushmaster build trigger for $205 (with shipping) so they can be had. Since not too many folks are going to drop that much coin for a trigger for a regular AR.

I reckon the Bushy two stage number cost more than the AR receiver .

Not these days, I have seen stripped lowers at $400.00 plus on the auction side, with bids.

Best

Take a look at these auctions on the otherside...
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/BrowseItems.aspx?IncludeSellers=484399

Go to Top of Page

Mobuck
Advanced Member

7658 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  8:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw DPMS LPK at the gun show for $100. "Reasonable " for me would be under $60 which isn't going to happen anytime soon. I may have bought the last ones Midway had @$58.

Mobuck<BR>
Go to Top of Page

rsnyder55
Advanced Member

2599 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  8:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by poppalee

Checked out DPMS site and they have california kits only. Why, I don't know. Good prices on complete lowers though. Nothing for me. Shucks. Any other suggestions?

Can you believe I found these on ebay! Not that I would buy there, but knowing how unfriendly to guns they are, I was surprised.

The only difference between a standard kit and a California kit is the magazine release. Instead of the standard button, they have a bullet button magazine release. It shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement for a standard button because many in CA have an extra magazine release buttons when we had to switch it out to a bullet button release when doing our builds.

NRA Life Member
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page