GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Wild West Alaska...reality TV at its finest!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CS8161
Advanced Member

USA
13990 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  10:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wandering the channels waiting for Walking Dead to make its season debut and caught about 15 minutes of this "reality" show. If you have not seen it, its about Wild West Guns someplace up in Alaska. They modified a Ruger #1 rifle to shoot a 500 Nitro for a customer and after firing one shot....here's the shocker....the stock cracked just behind the action! Who woulda thunk!!
The manager of the gunshop is a bearded girly man who lets some snot nosed 20 year old blonde named "Phred" (ain't that just the cutest name for a chick!) boss him around like she owns the place...maybe she does, I did not get that far into the show...or maybe her dad owns the store, that would account for her snotty attitude towards the "manager". Then they showed one of the employees helping his ex wife solve a brown bear problem near her house, the man and woman are wandering around in the brush looking for this huge grizz and when they spot it, the man tells the woman to shoot it with what looked like a 44 or 45 revolver! I don't know how they do things in AK, but I am not going to go brown bear hunting with a revolver and let an inexperienced shooter take the first shot! I did not watch after he told her to shoot but what I hope happened, is she missed and the bear ate both of them. What a dumb show.
Ok, rant over, had to get that off my chest!

CS8161
Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!

My Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=144598

Edited by - CS8161 on 02/11/2013 11:07:46 PM

ruger41
Advanced Member

USA
9775 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  10:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a real gunshop in Anchorage. I visited it when I was in Anchorage a couple years ago. Very nice people...I'm sure a lot of the tv stuff is just bs for viewers. They are famous for customizing leverguns and do pretty awesome work.

Go to Top of Page

saserby

1604 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  10:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CS8161

I was wandering the channels waiting for Walking Dead to make its season debut and caught about 15 minutes of this "reality" show. If you have not seen it, its about Wild West Guns someplace up in Alaska. They modified a Ruger #1 rifle to shoot a 500 Nitro for a customer and after firing one shot....here's the shocker....the stock cracked just behind the action! Who woulda thunk!!
The manager of the gunshop is a bearded girly man who lets some snot nosed 20 year old blonde named "Phred" (ain't that just the cutest name for a chick!) boss him around like she owns the place...maybe she does, I did not get that far into the show...or maybe her dad owns the store, that would account for her snotty attitude towards the "manager". Then they showed one of the employees helping his ex wife solve a brown bear problem near her house, the man and woman are wandering around in the brush looking for this huge grizz and when they spot it, the man tells the woman to shoot it with what looked like a 44 or 45 revolver! I don't know how they do things in AK, but I am not going to go brown bear hunting with a revolver and let an inexperienced shooter take the first shot! I did not watch after he told her to shoot but what I hope happened, is she missed and the bear ate both of them. What a dumb show.
Ok, rant over, had to get that off my chest!

Now that would make for some good tv!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page