GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Bow-Mag Heard of it?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JnRockwall
Advanced Member

USA
13035 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  1:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How would you like to add 357 mag power to your arrow?

http://www.racembac.com/bowmag.html

Let's hear your thoughts or opinions on this.

“When the South raised its sword against the Union’s Flag, it was in defense of the Union’s Constitution.”
Confederate General John B. Gordon

I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you Red Webster

skicat
Advanced Member

9292 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  1:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not?

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." Ron Paul

“The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.”
- Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

danielgage
Advanced Member

USA
4838 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  1:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AWESOME

I think that will change bow-hunting for the better

less wounded game
Go to Top of Page

bigoutside
Advanced Member

USA
13852 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  1:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is each one a firearm? That's a lot of ffl fees.
Go to Top of Page

JasonV

1656 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  1:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is awesome.

I always said the Duke boys were way ahead of their time.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sky Redneck
Advanced Member

Kuwait
11665 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  1:48:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danielgage

AWESOME

less wounded game

I don't think so, it will bring more idiots into the woods thinking it will be ever so easy to kill a deer now. I don't know how much experiance you have with a bow but the average broadhead is only 100 grains. At 100 grains the variance in POA is pretty high and alot of inexperianced bow hunters don't understand this causing wounded deer running around. Now add this to the mix and it is the same mentallity as the city slickers with their super magnums, the bigger the gun the less they worry about shot placement thinking the super magnum will compensate for thier piss poor shooting ability. I can see it now, some dumabass hick or city slicker thinking all they need to sdo is hit it and this wonder arrow will do the work for me. Yeah thats all we need, wonder arrows for the idiots to wound even more game. There's a lot of "hunters" that don't belong in the woods as it is, this is gonna make it even worse
Go to Top of Page

danielgage
Advanced Member

USA
4838 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  1:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck

quote:
Originally posted by danielgage

AWESOME

less wounded game

I don't think so, it will bring more idiots into the woods thinking it will be ever so easy to kill a deer now. I don't know how much experiance you have with a bow but the average broadhead is only 100 grains. At 100 grains the variance in POA is pretty high and alot of inexperianced bow hunters don't understand this causing wounded deer running around. Now add this to the mix and it is the same mentallity as the city slickers with their super magnums, the bigger the gun the less they worry about shot placement thinking the super magnum will compensate for thier piss poor shooting ability. I can see it now, some dumabass hick or city slicker thinking all they need to sdo is hit it and this wonder arrow will do the work for me. Yeah thats all we need, wonder arrows for the idiots to wound even more game. There's a lot of "hunters" that don't belong in the woods as it is, this is gonna make it even worse

I reckon we will just have to agree to disagree

I love to gun hunt(muzzle-loader,shotgun,and rifle)

but have never trusted arrows I have saw too many wounded deer never retrieved(by bow-hunters)

this might make me trust an arrow to make a quick clean kill like my long-guns do

I understand and agree we don't want more idiots in the woods though

Edited by - danielgage on 02/18/2013 1:58:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Big Sky Redneck
Advanced Member

Kuwait
11665 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  2:14:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
but have never trusted arrows I have saw too many wounded deer never retrieved(by bow-hunters)

Blame this on TV shows and advertising! They advertise products and makes one think you can arrow a deer at 50+ yards and get a kill. Do you know how easy it is to wiff a shot at 20 yards? Guys taking 50+ yard shots because they was told the new products make it possible! People think bow hunting is easy and it seems so when all you do is shoot 20 yards in your backyard. If you think shooting 20 yards standing in your yard makes you a hunter then go up a tree and try to hit the same target!

I may sound arrogant here and I don't really give a poop, to me hunting is a religion and if it where up to me there would be about 75% less people inthe woods due to being idiots. I don't care what you hunt with, you should have to prove you know how to use it and not just from a target bench before you go into the woods! Being from PA I've got to see some of the most horrific people in the woods you could ever imagine, jawless and legless deer in rifle and muzzeloader season was common. Deer with infected wounds during archery season, man it sucks. Just because you can shoot a target at the range or in your backyard does not mean you are skilled enough to hunt! To many friggin idiots in the woods and new products like this makes it worse!

Call this bragging if you want, over 30 deer with a bow, NOT ONE SHOT over 20 yards with most of them being less than 10 yards and NOT ONE lost deer. We practiced weekly at 3D ranges set up in the woods with real hunting scenarios, shot compitition either video or paper and practiced out of our tree stands. Shooting in the yard is for sighting in the bow only. The guys that pick up their bows once a year to sight it in and think they are ready to hunt needs to have thier bow shoved right up their rear ends!
Go to Top of Page

Marc1301
Advanced Member

USA
29681 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  2:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Blame this on TV shows and advertising! They advertise products and makes one think you can arrow a deer at 50+ yards and get a kill. Do you know how easy it is to wiff a shot at 20 yards? Guys taking 50+ yard shots because they was told the new products make it possible! People think bow hunting is easy and it seems so when all you do is shoot 20 yards in your backyard. If you think shooting 20 yards standing in your yard makes you a hunter then go up a tree and try to hit the same target!

I may sound arrogant here and I don't really give a poop, to me hunting is a religion and if it where up to me there would be about 75% less people inthe woods due to being idiots. I don't care what you hunt with, you should have to prove you know how to use it and not just from a target bench before you go into the woods! Being from PA I've got to see some of the most horrific people in the woods you could ever imagine, jawless and legless deer in rifle and muzzeloader season was common. Deer with infected wounds during archery season, man it sucks. Just because you can shoot a target at the range or in your backyard does not mean you are skilled enough to hunt! To many friggin idiots in the woods and new products like this makes it worse!

Call this bragging if you want, over 30 deer with a bow, NOT ONE SHOT over 20 yards with most of them being less than 10 yards and NOT ONE lost deer. We practiced weekly at 3D ranges set up in the woods with real hunting scenarios, shot compitition either video or paper and practiced out of our tree stands. Shooting in the yard is for sighting in the bow only. The guys that pick up their bows once a year to sight it in and think they are ready to hunt needs to have thier bow shoved right up their rear ends!

BSR,.....I wish all bow hunters were like you.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here." William Shatner
Go to Top of Page

danielgage
Advanced Member

USA
4838 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  2:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

sounds like you know how to bow-hunt

I just don't bow-hunt because of bad experiences I have seen with other bow-hunters maybe they should be more like you

I will continue to take game with what I am confident with my long-guns

NOT ONE lost deer for me either thanks for the conversation Big Sky Redneck

Go to Top of Page

Onehandude
Advanced Member

USA
4250 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  2:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool works the same as the power head on my spear gun.

We have to fight so we can we can run away.
Captain. Jack Sparrow
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Advanced Member

USA
11150 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  2:40:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didnt watch the video, but I would really need to chrono that bullet contraption to understand the energy it is making.

I think bow hunters wouldn't much like to hear gunshots while they are out in the woods, but I am not a bow hunter (or bow owner) so what do I know?

I don't think throngs of unqualified shooters are going to flock to the woods to use this thing.

"I couldn't possibly care less. Im actually trying to care less and just can't get there." - Kevd18
Go to Top of Page

rong
Advanced Member

USA
5186 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  2:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think this device would be against
fish and game laws or those laws soon to
be levied
Go to Top of Page

Rosie
Advanced Member

USA
12247 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  3:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What happens when you hit a tree or rock and the arrow shoots back at you?
Go to Top of Page

danielgage
Advanced Member

USA
4838 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  3:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosie

very good
Go to Top of Page

poppalee

1097 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  3:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rong

I would think this device would be against
fish and game laws or those laws soon to
be levied

You may be right.
Go to Top of Page

JnRockwall
Advanced Member

USA
13035 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  3:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What sort of work is required to convert this to a pen gun? Does it violate the law of not using a firearm in bow season?? Can it be made into a booby trap??

“When the South raised its sword against the Union’s Flag, it was in defense of the Union’s Constitution.”
Confederate General John B. Gordon

I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you Red Webster
Go to Top of Page

danielgage
Advanced Member

USA
4838 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  4:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JnRockwall

What sort of work is required to convert this to a pen gun? Does it violate the law of not using a firearm in bow season?? Can it be made into a booby trap??

good
Go to Top of Page

KootyinMN
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  4:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully soon to be outlawed in most states. This is not bow hunting.

Kooty
Go to Top of Page

bullshot
Advanced Member

5282 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  4:25:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same thing as a "Bang Stick" divers use for sharks. Clever idea though.

"Just because you're paranoid, dosen't mean they're not out to get you"
Go to Top of Page

fishkiller41
Advanced Member

USA
39322 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  4:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With no chamber/barrel to travel through,aren't you just making a pop and a flash burn on the animal?
The video showed NO PENETRATION of the shaft AT ALL!!
Go to Top of Page

danielgage
Advanced Member

USA
4838 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  7:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fishkiller41

With no chamber/barrel to travel through,aren't you just making a pop and a flash burn on the animal?
The video showed NO PENETRATION of the shaft AT ALL!!

Go to Top of Page

LaidbackDan
Advanced Member

13986 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  7:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in the sixties they made explosive "Bear tips" for bow hunting and I believe they made them illegal, I not sure what the difference is with these.

I just read "100 things to do before you die" and was quite surprised that yelling for help wasn't one of them.

Go to Top of Page

bambambam
Advanced Member

USA
3928 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  7:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew a guy that made something sorta like that.

He used big 2315 arrow shafts. Take the insert off the front, put a 30 cal bullet inside the arrow shaft with the point facing the front of the shaft. He then wedged a 209 primer in the shaft about 3" down. He filled the cavity part way with real BP. Then replaced the insert.

You had to point the arrow/bow straight up when you drawed the bow back(kept the bullet to rear). You would level it out and shoot.

The bullet would slam forward when it hit and the bullet would strike the 209 shotgun primer & ignite the PB charge. The bullet wasn't used as projectile, but as an ignition source.

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
Go to Top of Page

westernMDhunter

Central African Rep
2371 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  8:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never heard of it but I'll stick with 100 grain slick tricks and let the blood flow.

Go to Top of Page

DRP-AZ
Advanced Member

USA
3381 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  9:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think these are legal for game, hence the hog shots in the vid.

And anyone who instantly knee-jerks "ban it"...YOU are part of the problem.

http://daewoorifleparts.com

In Memorium, Border Patrol Agent (BORTAC) Brian A. Terry, Killed by ATF incompetence and willingness to violate the very Laws they pretend to enforce.

EOS 15 DEC 2010. RIP Partner.

From Katie Pavlich's book "Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's bloodiest scandal and its shameless cover-up." From Katie's book pg. 94 "On May 2, the day before his scheduled tesimony, Holder and Janet Napolitano visited the White House, the two cabinet officials would note in the vistor's log the reason for their visit. On this occasion, they entered the White House together and left together. The White House entry log read, "no description". The logs show Holder and Napolitano were there to meet with President Obama in the East Room."

League of the Vibrator Manufacturers #1

CORAL Fan Club #1
Go to Top of Page

lksmith03

1492 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  9:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IF it works as advertised, I'd probably bow hunt more.
The 2 reasons I don't bow hunt much is is is still "summer" here during the first part of the season before ML, and the second (and more important) is that I hate to wound a deer and not find it. With my Deer rifle and my muzzle loader the deer drop in their tracks, so it is a quick clean kill, and the animal doesn't suffer, while 99.9% of bow shots the animal runs off and dies a slow painful death. Because of that when I bow hunt I only do head shots since with a head shot it'll either be a quick clean kill or quick clean miss. Since I shoot a crossbow with a 175# pull propelling a ~600 grain bolt at 300fps it has the penetration to go through the skull

Proud Conservatarian
Go to Top of Page

evileye fleagal
Advanced Member

USA
3205 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  9:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosie

thats what i was thinking,twistn on a twig and slamming into your stand. can you say bail-out.

dont whine,it makes you look stupid an me want to kick you
Go to Top of Page

pulsarnc

USA
757 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  9:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brings up a lot of interesting questions with no good answers Wonder what the ATF boys think of them ?

stupid people should not be allowed to breed
Go to Top of Page

bullshot
Advanced Member

5282 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  07:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking that when you use one of these, your bow (or at least your arrow) becomes a "firearm" and thus illegal.

"Just because you're paranoid, dosen't mean they're not out to get you"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page