GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 trayvon in real life
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JnRockwall
Advanced Member

USA
13079 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  7:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/07/65465-the-trayvon-martin-picture-the-mainstream-media-dont-want-you-to-see/

“When the South raised its sword against the Union’s Flag, it was in defense of the Union’s Constitution.”
Confederate General John B. Gordon

I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you Red Webster

KEVD18
Advanced Member

USA
15370 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  7:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
zimm was acquitted and thus cant be tried again in criminal court. a civil suit is only slightly less likely than a successful civil suit; so from a legal perspective, its over.

trayvon martin is dead. at this point, i dare say he's very, very dead. he wont be buying any more candy, smoking any more pot, or terrorizing/not terrorizing the neighborhood depending on perspective. in a very real, very physical(abstaining for the moment from the metaphysical arguments) way, trayvon is over.

why are we still talking about this? who cares what type of guy he was at this juncture? the decedents character is no longer relevant in any capacity...
Go to Top of Page

discusdad

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  7:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kev hit it outa the park! HOME RUN!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
17531 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  7:27:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the Martin family decides to launch a civil suit against Zimmerman, all of Trayvon Martin's history can and will be used in Zimmerman's defense. Rules of evidence are significantly relaxed in a civil trial, and any and all purported wanna-be ganstaism will be presented at trial.

Kevd18 is correct that it doesn't matter in the big picture, but it may eventually matter very much to Zimmerman's defense team and to the outcome of the suit.

'Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.'
Brad Steele.

'The Constitution that was actually enacted and formally amended creates islands of government powers in a sea of liberty. The judicially redacted constitution creates islands of liberty rights in a sea of governmental powers.'
Randy E. Barnett

CA #3
Go to Top of Page

Dads3040

USA
2366 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  8:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may seem nice to think that this whole sorry mess is over. But such an attitude does not reflect the reality and totality of the current situation.

In many cases, for many years, the reasonable, functional, responsible segments of society have been willing to let the facts speak, the jury decide, and life go on accordingly.

Not so the low information, low self-control crowd. They accept a result they like, and riot and protest when they do not get their way. And as the article in question shows, the media does not report the 'news', they try very hard to affect it.

We do ourselves, nor our country any long term good to try to take the high road and play 'Nothing to see here...Move along'.

If that worked GZ would never have been arrested, let alone tried. A police investigation would have been conducted, little to no evidence of any wrong-doing on GZ's part found, and the last several years would have been focused on watching Chicago kill itself, and Detroit sink slowly into the outhouse basement.

I note for the record that that did not happen.

We are either going to have to stand up and say 'Enough' when this crap goes on....or be prepared to see it repeat itself over and over again, and we will lose a bit of ground each time.

'Can't we all get along' has an answer. It is 'maybe'.

If certain groups decide to act like adults, who have heard and can spell 'Civilized', we could be fine.

If not, no amount of wishful thinking and hoping that things will be fine now is going to matter.

The Object in Life is not to be with the Majority, but Rather to Avoid finding Oneself in the Ranks of the Insane. Marcus Aurelius
Go to Top of Page

sharpshooter039
Advanced Member

USA
4327 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  8:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
zimm was acquitted and thus cant be tried again in criminal court. a civil suit is only slightly less likely than a successful civil suit; so from a legal perspective, its over.

That's not exactly true, he cant be tried on the same charges but O'bama and Holder can decide to try him on Federal charges like violating Trayvon's civil rights. The NAACP is pushing hard for this
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
32724 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  8:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The store clerk testified that he is 5'10", and he is also a broad shouldered young man. This information and the video footage...if one can believe testimony and their own eyes, would put Martin at least 6'2" as I see it. It is also apparent that Martin dwarfs the store clerk in not only height, but bulk as well. Now, how did the medical examiner come up with only Trayvon being 5'11 inches...I just don't believe that even a little bit.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
32724 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  8:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whitey will keep this story alive and throw it in the face of the MSM and their ever loving pursuit to paint the black community as deserving of holocaust reparations, and this attitude will last far beyond any of us living today, IMO. Not a pretty picture, but we have made no headway whatsoever to change this very same issue to where non-black people are treated equally to blacks, and it's going to get a whole lot worse if you ask me.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

select-fire
Advanced Member

42056 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  8:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mommy moved him from one school to the new one he was going to. Be interesting to listen to teachers and his old school records. they will be evidence in a civil suit. Just remember there were NO witnesses and the feds have a very tall issue to prove, just like the state did. However the fed. govt let the state go first with their investigated . Wonder why they didn't jump on the bandwagon during the 45 day wait for the state?
Go to Top of Page

joker5656
Advanced Member

USA
5432 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  10:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Don McManus

If the Martin family decides to launch a civil suit against Zimmerman, all of Trayvon Martin's history can and will be used in Zimmerman's defense. Rules of evidence are significantly relaxed in a civil trial, and any and all purported wanna-be ganstaism will be presented at trial.

Kevd18 is correct that it doesn't matter in the big picture, but it may eventually matter very much to Zimmerman's defense team and to the outcome of the suit.

Maybe that's why there going to the DOJ rather than try to sue him personally

Go to Top of Page

pietro75
Advanced Member

USA
6573 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  11:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KEVD18

trayvon martin is dead. at this point, i dare say he's very, very dead. he wont be buying any more candy, smoking any more pot, or terrorizing/not terrorizing the neighborhood depending on perspective. in a very real, very physical(abstaining for the moment from the metaphysical arguments) way, trayvon is over.

why are we still talking about this? who cares what type of guy he was at this juncture? the decedents character is no longer relevant in any capacity...

Amen! Brother k

What is popular is not always right, What is right is not always popular!

Parenting is the most difficult,challenging, rewarding, dangerous job on this planet.-bigoutside
Go to Top of Page

Ray B
Advanced Member

9264 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  11:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since any further litigation has a far greater downside to the public image of Trayvon Martin it seems to me that the family would be best served to let the matter fade into memory.
Go to Top of Page

drobs
Advanced Member

USA
20150 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  11:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

You can google the dead body pictures. Without the hoodie he looks like a kid.

My Auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=818233

Go to Top of Page

Advanced Member

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  03:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a AG that lies, nothing happens, we have a Sec of state that lies nothing happens 5 people have died, agent Brian terry, Christopher Stevens, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, & Sean Smith, we have had 5 people die, and the 2 people that had the most to do, either have lied or won't testify openly, but here is a mad that fought for his life, and was declared innocent, but they still hound him, these 2 people are saying nothing, and she still wants to run for the office of presidency. Sad, really sad,

Post count 5790+
United StatesAir Force 1977-1999
Life Member NRA/DAV
Disabled Vet

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them"
"Sure I Wave the American Flag, Do you know a Better Flag to wave? Sure I love my Country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, Never have been, Never Will be" John Wayne
our rights are falling by the wayside,
"I don’t like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders."
- Ted Nugent
Go to Top of Page

minitruck83
Advanced Member

USA
4396 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  06:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Civil suit?

Hah! Z's got the civil suit(s).

FL JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE 776.032#8195;Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.— (1)#8195;A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant. (2)#8195;A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful. (3)#8195;The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection(1).
And that's just against the state.

(I can guarantee you won't hear the outcome of this in the media )

Allen
Go to Top of Page

USN_Airdale
Advanced Member

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  09:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is no doubt traykoon was a drug addict.., look here:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lean

quote:
Lean
To create Lean, a popular drink originated from Houston Texas, you require the following for the original formula:

-Promethazine w/Codeine VC <- Sizzurp (active ingredient)
-Original Sprite Soda <- Mixing ingredient (although different flavors of sprite are now used, such as sprite remix)
-Jolly rancher candy <- Flavor additive

Put it all in a styrofoam cup and enjoy. The codeine is mainly responsible for the euphoric feeling after drinking lean. Promethazine causes motor skill impairment, lethargy, extreme drowsiness, as well as a disassociative feeling from all other parts of the body, specifically the stomach and digestive system. If it doesn't have promethazine w/ Codeine, it isn't real sizzurp.

and here:

quote:
Among its reports, Trayvon Martin’s drug use, explaining how the Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail drink he carried that night are ingredients that, when mixed with dextromethorphan (DXM) cough syrup, create “Lean”, a concocted high which can cause psychosis and aggression over the longer term. According to the autopsy report, Martin’s liver showed damage consistent with DXM abuse.
Read more at http://www.DNW.com/2013/07/it-wasnt-just-skittles-trayvon-was-carrying/#uTiBodXd34QlYq2t.99

the little "child" was already "high" on this special "cocktail" and getting ready to make more !!

COME AND GET IT !
Go to Top of Page

jhimco
Advanced Member

Zimbabwe
2687 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  10:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not know blacks were victims of the holocaust as you state here. Perhaps they were black Jews? Or did you mean to say reparations for slavery?

quote:
Originally posted by kimi

Whitey will keep this story alive and throw it in the face of the MSM and their ever loving pursuit to paint the black community as deserving of holocaust reparations, and this attitude will last far beyond any of us living today, IMO. Not a pretty picture, but we have made no headway whatsoever to change this very same issue to where non-black people are treated equally to blacks, and it's going to get a whole lot worse if you ask me.

Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

USA
34804 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  12:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dare say that the pursuit of Zimmerman is doing a lot to hurt race relations. Even I find myself thinking thoughts that I hadn't before.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

JnRockwall
Advanced Member

USA
13079 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  1:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After 55? Days of this, we deserve to see the real trayvon.

“When the South raised its sword against the Union’s Flag, it was in defense of the Union’s Constitution.”
Confederate General John B. Gordon

I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you Red Webster
Go to Top of Page

ltcdoty

USA
2270 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  1:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's for lunch?
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

USA
34804 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  1:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by USN_Airdale

there is no doubt traykoon was a drug addict.., look here:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lean

quote:
Lean
To create Lean, a popular drink originated from Houston Texas, you require the following for the original formula:

-Promethazine w/Codeine VC <- Sizzurp (active ingredient)
-Original Sprite Soda <- Mixing ingredient (although different flavors of sprite are now used, such as sprite remix)
-Jolly rancher candy <- Flavor additive

Put it all in a styrofoam cup and enjoy. The codeine is mainly responsible for the euphoric feeling after drinking lean. Promethazine causes motor skill impairment, lethargy, extreme drowsiness, as well as a disassociative feeling from all other parts of the body, specifically the stomach and digestive system. If it doesn't have promethazine w/ Codeine, it isn't real sizzurp.

and here:

quote:
Among its reports, Trayvon Martin’s drug use, explaining how the Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail drink he carried that night are ingredients that, when mixed with dextromethorphan (DXM) cough syrup, create “Lean”, a concocted high which can cause psychosis and aggression over the longer term. According to the autopsy report, Martin’s liver showed damage consistent with DXM abuse.
Read more at http://www.DNW.com/2013/07/it-wasnt-just-skittles-trayvon-was-carrying/#uTiBodXd34QlYq2t.99

the little "child" was already "high" on this special "cocktail" and getting ready to make more !!

So, even the fact he was out with skittles wasn't so innocent. Color me surprised.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

Winston Bode

USA
1073 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  2:37:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well hopefully when the homeowners association gave the Martin family an out of court settlement they had em sign a paper saying it was done and they won't be able to bring an additional civil suit forward.

GunBroker.com Moderator
The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Go to Top of Page

rambo rebel

1266 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  3:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for you guys who say its over, why doncha go downtown oakland, la, detroit, chicago, atlanta, baltimore, ny, cleveland, cinci, or some other major city with a large black population this saturday and walk around the hood while the protests are going on.

its far from over

well the only one its over for is trayvon and he may yet get a holiday.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken;>)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page