GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Kesselring Gun Shop- WASH State
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MBK

2045 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  10:16:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kesselring loses firearms license!!

This has been one of my favorite shops. It was because you could examine hundreds of long guns without having to ask the counterguy one by one to hand it over.

Always had a giant selection of consignment over and under shotguns, and endless hunting rigs.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=kesselring+gun+shop&sa=X&biw=1873&bih=847&tbm=isch&tbnid=Ja5cmMKJ0-9pUM:&imgrefurl=https://plus.google.com/100591109009486479421/about&docid=nQrlcSFJYSk5GM&itg=1&imgurl=https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-jKyC_J-wk7w/UC83pbVzQ_I/AAAAAABR1U8/SKAwiIBO_VI/s250-c-k-no/Kesselring%25252BGun%25252BShop%25252BInc&w=250&h=187&ei=OarqUbC0EtDyyAGu_oGgBQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:30,s:0,i:179&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=179&tbnw=233&start=0&ndsp=34&tx=118&ty=72

ugly link, huh?

but it shows how you could go touch and hold many nice old guns. Maybe that was an issue with BATF...having guns on an open rack. Maybe we will never know why they got hammered. ATF made him agree not to disclose why he got closed.

http://www.goskagit.com/all_access/kesselring-loses-firearms-license/article_d8a7474d-d575-57af-858e-7a28acc23bfa.html

Edited by - MBK on 07/20/2013 11:24:11 AM

ruger41
Advanced Member

USA
9641 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  10:31:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ut oh..wonder what kind of shenanigans were going on or if it was just enough mistakes made on 4473's that ATF said thats it. Never been in that shop. Sad for them since they were around so long. I'm suprised Bullseye in Tacoma didn't get completely shut down after having a rifle walk out of there unnoticed(D.C. Sniper stole a rifle during business hours) but they were forced to pay $2 million dollars to the victims families from a lawsuit.

Go to Top of Page

Doc
Advanced Member

18948 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  10:34:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite shop was harassed for several years by ATF over minor record keeping errors until they were finally hounded into surrendering the license.

Surprise! The wife of one of the co-owners had an FFL in her name at the same address. So they closed for one day, then reopened under a new name.

There's a lesson to be learned, here. Have a back up plan.

Go to Top of Page

1BigGuy

USA
1863 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  10:46:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

A spokesman for the ATF also refused to provide details about Kesselring’s license.

Was the license surrendered or revoked? Bill Perkins from the Seattle office of the ATF won’t say. A July 2 post by the shop on its Facebook page said the business is being forced to surrender its license.

Don Kesselring said the business will continue to sell gun parts, clips, magazines and ammunition, while his brother, Keith, will sell firearms out of a pro shop at a shooting range in Burlington once it opens. Kesselring Gun Shop is also prevented from providing gunsmithing services.

Hmmm. . . Kinda makes ya wonder; doesn't it?
Go to Top of Page

Bubba Jr.
Advanced Member

USA
5004 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  10:52:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a local gun shop that operated in the evenings and on weekends that I used to like to frequent. He was shut down and spent a few years in prison for buying Hi Point pistols in bulk and selling them to gangstas in Detroit.
Go to Top of Page

Oakie
Advanced Member

USA
12814 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  10:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just our wonderful government at work again.

Go to Top of Page

kissgoodnight
Advanced Member

2526 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  12:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
but it shows how you could go touch and hold many nice old guns. Maybe that was an issue with BATF...having guns on an open rack.

I hope they don't come to my state. Racks of all kinds of rifles and shotguns you can walk and pick up what you want to see.
Go to Top of Page

yoshmyster
Advanced Member

Japan
11106 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  1:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haven't been there in years. Nice drive out.

I offten wondered why "Bull's Eye" in Tachoma never got shut down after their gun was used in Beltway Sniping. Also they had other guns sprouted legs and left.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page