GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Springfield XDS recall- SHIPPING UPDATE 11/08/13
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave W.
Advanced Member

USA
10957 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  7:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just passing this along:

Info posted at www (dot) springfieldrecall (dot) com

ATTENTION

3.3 XD-S™ SAFETY RECALL

Issued August 28, 2013
Technical Background Get Started Contact Us Springfield-Armory.com
Springfield Armory® is initiating this voluntary safety recall to upgrade 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols with new components, which eliminate the possibility of a potentially dangerous condition. We want to emphasize that no injuries have been reported to date.

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

What should you do?
STOP USING YOUR 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP PISTOL AND CAREFULLY UNLOAD IT!

To begin the upgrade process and for fastest response, click on the Get Started link at the top of the page. On that page enter your serial number and click Next. If your pistol is subject to this recall, you will need to provide your name, address, phone number, and email address. The serial number is located on the frame beneath the dust cover (accessory rail). If you prefer, you may initiate the upgrade process by calling 800-680-6866. If you no longer own the 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP pistol, please advise Springfield of the current owner.

XD-S Serial Number

What pistols are involved?
This Safety Recall applies only to:
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300.

This Safety Recall does not apply to any XD® or XD(M)® pistols.

What will Springfield do?
Springfield will send you a return authorization and mailing label, allowing you to return your 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP pistol to Springfield at no cost to you. Springfield will upgrade your 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP pistol with the new components, and return it to you. Springfield will provide tracking numbers so you can monitor the receipt and return of your upgrades.

Questions?
Visit Springfield Armory. com for further information about this safety recall. You can reach the Springfield Armory Call Center at 800-680-6866. Springfield apologizes for this inconvenience, but your safety is our paramount concern.

We greatly appreciate your loyalty to Springfield products.

"I couldn't possibly care less. Im actually trying to care less and just can't get there." - Kevd18

Edited by - Spider7115 on 11/08/2013 4:26:56 PM

DITCH-RUNNER

2436 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  8:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just tried there site, the recall site is down , maybe too much traffic
Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24073 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  8:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great. Mine is in the 586000 range and I've been carrying it every day. And the website is down for "maintenance".

Thanks for the heads-up, Dave.

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator
The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Edited by - Spider7115 on 08/28/2013 8:18:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Advanced Member

USA
10957 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  8:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I have read- calling is more effective than the website and people have been told it is an issue with the grip safety, it effects ALL XDS models and turn around time is being estimated at a month by Springfield.

"I couldn't possibly care less. Im actually trying to care less and just can't get there." - Kevd18
Go to Top of Page

DITCH-RUNNER

2436 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  8:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DITCH-RUNNER

just tried there site, the recall site is down , maybe too much traffic

Just tried to call special extension also down "mail box full"
Spider mine is in the 570000 range right there with you on carrying every day
I would like to think with the up grade and inconvenience I will get a couple more mags for it for free
Go to Top of Page

montanajoe

Trinidad and Tobago
27616 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  8:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damm it,,,,

GunBroker.com Moderator
Go to Top of Page

William81
Advanced Member

USA
20635 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  8:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Crap....

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberials

Go to Top of Page

JnRockwall
Advanced Member

USA
12617 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  9:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In other news, still never been a recall in glock history...

“When the South raised its sword against the Union’s Flag, it was in defense of the Union’s Constitution.”
Confederate General John B. Gordon
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Advanced Member

USA
10957 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  9:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^I guess you don't count the Gen 4 Glock "recoil spring exchange program" the effected all Gen 4 Glocks.

Go to Top of Page

retroxler58
Advanced Member

USA
25873 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  10:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

From what I have read- calling is more effective than the website and people have been told it is an issue with the grip safety, it effects ALL XDS models and turn around time is being estimated at a month by Springfield.

Mine is in th eearly part of the 45ACP serials...

I've already swapped out the grip safety some time back... With an aftermarket component from...
These guys... http://powderriverprecision.com/

Along with...
    The extended mag release
    Trigger pull spring kit
    And Truglo TRITIUM FIBER OPTIC NIGHT SIGHTS
I'm going to give 'em a call and discuss this.
Maybe I can just get'em to send me the part.
Not that I'll install it... But it'll be there in case I ever sell it.

Go to Top of Page

JnRockwall
Advanced Member

USA
12617 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  10:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

^I guess you don't count the Gen 4 Glock "recoil spring exchange program" the effected all early release Gen 4 Glocks.

fixed that for ya.

http://us.glock.com/customer-service/recoil-spring-exchange

On guns made before 7-22-11 ( basically a few weeks after release) and it is a new designed piece rather than a defective part causing errors or problems being replaced.

It's not a real recall, but you can say it is for your argument.

“When the South raised its sword against the Union’s Flag, it was in defense of the Union’s Constitution.”
Confederate General John B. Gordon

Edited by - JnRockwall on 08/28/2013 10:55:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

montanajoe

Trinidad and Tobago
27616 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  10:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

^I guess you don't count the Gen 4 Glock "recoil spring exchange program" the effected all Gen 4 Glocks.

GunBroker.com Moderator
Go to Top of Page

ni hao

558 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  11:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent my XDS back last week because the pistol would not always completely close when you would try to chamber the first round. I always had to look and make sure the chamber closed all the way each time I loaded the first round. If it did, it was good to go and never a problem. But when it would not go into battery, it was useless. I called Springfield and they sent me a mailing sticker and they have it now. Anyone else had this problem? I think the problem causing the recall was because of the slide not functioning properly, is that correct? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

legear
Advanced Member

USA
4753 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  11:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JnRockwall

In other news, still never been a recall in glock history...

Didn't some average guy sue glock not to long ago for the "hog nose" issue they refused to fix?

"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
CHIEF JUSTICE JOHN MARSHALL
Marbury vs. Madison

Go to Top of Page

Bubba Jr.
Advanced Member

USA
4873 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  11:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot Dave, I had no idea. My .45 is in the 528*** range, so I guess it's going back. It's been my daily carry piece for months now, and I'll miss it.

Hey guys, I just got on the SA website, clicked on the recall link and filled out the form to return the gun. I just got a confirmation email from FedEx for the mailing label. They have apparently fixed the issues with the website.

Edited by - Bubba Jr. on 08/28/2013 11:39:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

1911a1fan
Advanced Member

Chile
30919 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  11:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JnRockwall

quote:

^I guess you don't count the Gen 4 Glock "recoil spring exchange program" the effected all early release Gen 4 Glocks.

fixed that for ya.

http://us.glock.com/customer-service/recoil-spring-exchange

On guns made before 7-22-11 ( basically a few weeks after release) and it is a new designed piece rather than a defective part causing errors or problems being replaced.

It's not a real recall, but you can say it is for your argument.

+1

can anyone find an extractor for sale for the xd ?

when it breaks, and it will you'll have to send it to Springfield

quote:
Originally posted by nunn

PLEASE...Will all of you who carry a 1911, chamber loaded, hammer down, unload it, leave it home, and carry something else.

Condition 2 is the most dangerous condition for a 1911. In that condition, it can fire if dropped. I refer to those without the Colt Series 80 passive firing pin safety.

Condition 1 is the way to go. If that makes you nervous, carry chamber empty or get a Glock.

FOR SALE RED GHOST PEPPERS, AKA: BHUT JOLOKIA, ALL 1,000,000
+ SCOVILLE

http://www.GunBroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=98146
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Advanced Member

USA
10957 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  12:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^Or you can keep one around from PRP for $25 if you don't want to send it to SA for "fitting".

The aftermarket Mec-Gar mags have a reputation of causing this failure. SA also rev'd the design to address this failure.

Old vs. New design shown below.

http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/product.sc?productId=39&categoryId=4

Edited by - Dave W. on 08/29/2013 12:09:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Viktor
Advanced Member

22108 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  12:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never did like the XDs after I first handled one.
Go to Top of Page

cnsay

1259 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  03:57:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info.

Too many projects to spend time on the computer.

The free market guarantees each man an equal chance, not an equal outcome.

Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24073 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  07:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shipping mine back this morning. I'll use my XD-9 for carry in the meantime.

I'm going to make this a "Sticky" for a week or so as it's important for the safety of all XDS owners.

Thanks again, Dave.

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

Bubba Jr.
Advanced Member

USA
4873 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  8:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dropped mine off at the FedEx store today. Maybe being early will get it back early, hopefully. I felt woefully undergunned today carrying my Kel Tec PF9.
Go to Top of Page

CaptFun
Administrator

USA
7857 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  12:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is what they just sent me, I will be posting it in the news and Announcements section as well... (We will be running some Charity auctions for Springfield's in a few weeks and if I'm not mistaken... There is currently a Sweepstakes still running on the auction side....

http://www.GunBroker.com/springfield-equipped-to-the-9s/Sweepstakes.aspx#.UgzqMVO13J0

Springfield Armory® Announces Voluntary Safety Recall of 3.3 XD-S™ Pistol

GENESEO, Illinois (August 29, 2013) — Springfield Armory® launched a voluntary safety recall to upgrade 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols with new components, which eliminate the possibility of a potentially dangerous condition.

Owners of XD-S™ 3.3 9mm and .45ACP pistols are instructed to stop using their pistol and carefully unload it; then visit www.springfieldrecall.com and follow the instructions to begin the upgrade process. Springfield will cover the cost of the shipping and upgrades.

This Safety Recall applies only to:
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700.
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300.

The company announced that, under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. Springfield said the chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

“Springfield apologizes for this inconvenience,” said Dennis Reese, co-chairman of Springfield, headquartered in Geneseo, Illinois. “Our customers’ safety is our paramount concern; we want to emphasize that no injuries have been reported to date.”

Springfield is in the process of notifying customers, distributors and dealers.

GunBroker.com Admin

Go to Top of Page

riflemike
Advanced Member

USA
4080 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  07:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MINE OFF today

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death.
Go to Top of Page

Sig220_Ruger77
Advanced Member

USA
8302 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  5:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dang!! I better go check my number and see if I fit into that. I love mine and carry it quite a bit. IT has always went bang. I put somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 rounds or so through it.

Thanks very much for the heads-up Dave!

Jon

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=927910

20 gauge, 12 gauge, .22LR, .22wmr, .380acp, 9mm, .40 S&W, 10mm, .40 Super, .44 RemMag, .45acp, .22-250, 25-06, 6.8 SPC, .308, 7.62x39, .300 WinMag, .375 H&H, .450 Bushmaster, & .450 Marlin

Go to Top of Page

M1A762

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2013 :  11:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

^Or you can keep one around from PRP for $25 if you don't want to send it to SA for "fitting".

The aftermarket Mec-Gar mags have a reputation of causing this failure. SA also rev'd the design to address this failure.

Old vs. New design shown below.

http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/product.sc?productId=39&categoryId=4

Ejector not extractor.
Go to Top of Page

Sig220_Ruger77
Advanced Member

USA
8302 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2013 :  9:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I sent my XDs in today. FedEx says it should arrive at the Springfield plant Tuesday. We will see how it goes from there.

Jon

20 gauge, 12 gauge, .22LR, .22wmr, .380acp, 9mm, .40 S&W, 10mm, .40 Super, .44 RemMag, .45acp, .22-250, 25-06, 6.8 SPC, .308, 7.62x39, .300 WinMag, .375 H&H, .450 Bushmaster, & .450 Marlin

Go to Top of Page

goldeneagle76
Advanced Member

USA
3506 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  1:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine was delivered to SA on 9/6...have a feeling I won't be seeing it back at my door for about a month.
Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24073 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  2:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I e-mailed Springfield this morning, requesting an update on my XDS-45. It looks like a 3-month wait. Here's their reply:

Dear Springfield Customer,

Your pistol has been received.

We greatly appreciate the tremendous response to the 3.3 XD-S™ Recall Upgrade. We have received a very large number of pistols in a very short time, and upgrades will be completed on a “first come / first served” basis.

The upgrade repair is in the final stage of testing, and should be determined soon. The XD-S™ pistols already received at Springfield will be upgraded and returned as soon as possible, beginning within the next few weeks.

Given the volume of XD-S™ pistols now on hand, we expect it will take eight to ten weeks to upgrade and return the current inventory to their owners. Pistols currently being returned to Springfield for the upgrade, please allow approximately ten to twelve weeks turnaround time.

We are doing our best to increase the speed of the upgrade while maintaining a high level of safety and quality. As the upgrade process progresses, we are hopeful that the return time will become shorter.

We know it is inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize. We assure you that we are working as fast as we can, and we know you will be very pleased with your upgraded 3.3

XD-S™. Thank you for your patience and loyalty. And remember; do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.

Once your pistol has been upgraded and is shipping back to you, an e-mail confirmation and tracking information will be sent to you at the e-mail address you provided.

If you still have further questions please call 800-680-6866 or send your request again to recall@springfield-armory.com

We appreciate your patience and support!

Sincerely,

Team Springfield

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Edited by - Spider7115 on 09/25/2013 2:22:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sig220_Ruger77
Advanced Member

USA
8302 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  03:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow.....that is highly disappointing. I was expecting nowhere near that amount of time. I REALLY like my XDs too. I had a bad feeling about this when I was in Gander Mountain the other day. The guy working the gun department told another customer they just sent in a handful of XDs's in for the recall work. I bet you they are getting done ahead of ours.....after all that's money in the bank for them because they aren't sold yet.....ours are.

I wish I would have known this before. I wouldn't have sent it in yet.

Jon

Go to Top of Page

William81
Advanced Member

USA
20635 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  6:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great. Sounds like they need to hire some help.

Go to Top of Page

CaptFun
Administrator

USA
7857 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2013 :  9:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by William81

Well, the fix has not even been certified yet, so until all the testing is complete they cannot even begin to start repairing them.

GunBroker.com Admin

Go to Top of Page

William81
Advanced Member

USA
20635 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2013 :  3:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFun

quote:

Well, the fix has not even been certified yet, so until all the testing is complete they cannot even begin to start repairing them.

Great....even more good news

Go to Top of Page

WEASEL-88

588 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2013 :  3:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Glad I have not returned my XDS yet, I'll send in whenever they know how to fix it and the turn around time is within reason.

Too Old To Fight,Too Lazy To Run!
Go to Top of Page

WEASEL-88

588 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2013 :  05:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As of their report Friday Oct. 4th---still no fix.

Too Old To Fight,Too Lazy To Run!
Go to Top of Page

retroxler58
Advanced Member

USA
25873 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2013 :  1:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WEASEL-88

Yep... Report LINK

I have yet to send in my XDs... I refuse to, until I know what they're going to do.
I doubt seriously that mine is actually affected... But, in the astronomically grim case it could...
I've shelved it as of the initial notification... But dammit... They need to resolve this PRONTO!

Go to Top of Page

Sig220_Ruger77
Advanced Member

USA
8302 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  4:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by retroxler58

quote:
Originally posted by WEASEL-88

Yep... Report LINK

I have yet to send in my XDs... I refuse to, until I know what they're going to do.
I doubt seriously that mine is actually affected... But, in the astronomically grim case it could...
I've shelved it as of the initial notification... But dammit... They need to resolve this PRONTO!

I just sent them an email to let them know that well I appreciate their efforts to recall and fix the guns, I am very irritated with the way in which they have handled it. Doubt it will do any good, but I felt it needed to be done. I think that is a pretty poor way to handle things.

Jon

Go to Top of Page

cnsay

1259 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  6:34:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the way it has been handled so far with no end in sight they should at least send some extra mags with it when the gun returns. They are working on losing customers with the long wait and no progress.

Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24073 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  9:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe they aren't telling us that they had to ship them back to Croatia for repair.

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

cnsay

1259 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  10:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If they told me that at least I would know there was some progress on it. As is I have a $550.00 pistol sitting at the factory for an indefinite amount of time. It would help if they would at least have an estimate of when they will start returning them to owners. Would like my new carry gun back so I could carry it!

Go to Top of Page

DITCH-RUNNER

2436 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  3:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I emailed springfield about a week or two ago suggested the same. how about some extra mags or coupons for other guns of there's I own . to help make up for the 30 day now who knows how long wait
frustrating but I guess they are working on it

quote:
Originally posted by cnsay

With the way it has been handled so far with no end in sight they should at least send some extra mags with it when the gun returns. They are working on losing customers with the long wait and no progress.

Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24073 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2013 :  10:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got another "we're still working on it" e-mail.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they sent the whole batch back to Croatia for repair.

10/9/13: XD-S™ Upgrade Testing Very Near Completion

We last updated this site Friday, October 4, with the good news that we have found what we believe is the final solution for the XD-S™ upgrade and that we would be continuing exhaustive testing through the week.

We are very pleased to let you know that a large majority of the testing is complete and is going extremely well. We believe we are very close to being able to give our valued customers more specific information about when they can expect their XD-S™ pistols to be returned to them.

We will update this site again on Friday, October 11 and fully expect that we will have more great news to share.We are making final arrangements for upgrading the pistols that our customers returned to us.

In the meantime, please accept our heartfelt thanks for your patience, loyalty and support of Springfield Armory®. We remain fully committed to resolving this recall as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Edited by - Spider7115 on 10/09/2013 10:08:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sig220_Ruger77
Advanced Member

USA
8302 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2013 :  02:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just received the same email Spider.

At this point, it really doesn't matter to me anymore(besides me getting my pistol back eventually). I love my XDs and will not get rid of it, but I will not be buying another product from that company again. They have lost my business and ticked me off with the way they handled this whole thing.

Jon

Go to Top of Page

CaptFun
Administrator

USA
7857 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  4:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://springfieldrecall.com/RecallUpdate.asp

XD-S™ Voluntary Safety Recall Update Status
Updated 10/11/2013

This information applies only to XD-S™ pistols in the serial number ranges below
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

We are pleased to announce that our testing was successful and is complete.

We will receive our first shipment of upgrade parts early next week and will begin shipping upgraded XD-S™ pistols back to our customers the week of October 21 on a first-received/first-upgraded basis.

To ensure our customers are continuously informed of our progress, we will provide website updates every Friday until all of the pistols are back in the hands of their owners.

We are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded XD-S™ pistol and we wish to express our deep gratitude to all our valued customers who have demonstrated such patience, support and loyalty to Springfield Armory®. As a small token of our thanks, we will be enclosing an XD-S™ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return.

Please click the FAQ link in the red bar on top of this page to view our updated FAQ for more information about the final upgrade solution, and thank you again for your support.

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall Update will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

GunBroker.com Admin

Go to Top of Page

cnsay

1259 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2013 :  12:36:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

As a small token of our thanks, we will be enclosing an XD-S™ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return.

I like that, but my email did not say this and the web site doesn't show this when I clicked the link and was directed to their update. Wonder why they don't show that now.

Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24073 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2013 :  07:33:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

As a small token of our thanks, we will be enclosing an XD-S™ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return.

I like that, but my email did not say this and the web site doesn't show this when I clicked the link and was directed to their update. Wonder why they don't show that now.

Maybe they're only sending them to the people who sent their guns in first and had to wait the longest.

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

Sig220_Ruger77
Advanced Member

USA
8302 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2013 :  5:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spider7115

quote:

quote:

Maybe they're only sending them to the people who sent their guns in first and had to wait the longest.

I probably won't be getting one. I exchanged a couple emails with them and the last one I sent, I told them to shove it where the sun don't shine for the way they handled things.

Jon

Go to Top of Page

cnsay

1259 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2013 :  01:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Mine shipped back the Monday after the recall came out. They have had it for quite a while now.

Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24073 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2013 :  3:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE 10/18/13:

Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

We are pleased to announce that the process of upgrading XD-S™ pistols has begun, and we will start shipping TODAY on a first-received/first-upgraded basis.

In our last update, we reported that upgraded pistols would start shipping sometime next week. But our team has been working around the clock and we are thrilled to start shipping today.

We have greatly increased our staff to get upgraded pistols back to customers quickly, and we are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times possible. For now, we are unable to provide specific return shipping date ranges, but we do expect to share more information next Friday after we've had a full week to gauge how efficiently we will be able to complete this process.

When upgrades are finished on individual firearms, customers will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address they provided for the XD-S™ recall. And as a token of our appreciation for our customers' patience and support, we will also be enclosing an XD-S™ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return.

As we reported last week, our engineers have redesigned the grip safety and created more positive engagement between the sear and striker on the upgraded XD-S™ pistols. Our solution delivers the advantages of a smoother and more consistent trigger feel with just a slightly increased trigger pull. We chose this option based on the two most important attributes to self-defense firearm owners - safety and reliability - and we are confident that our customers will be extremely pleased with their upgraded pistols.

We want to again express our deep gratitude to all of our valued customers for their loyalty to Springfield Armory®.

Please click the FAQ link in the red bar on top of this page to view our updated FAQ.

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall Update will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

To receive updates by text message, text XDS to 25827

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/RecallUpdate.asp

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

William81
Advanced Member

USA
20635 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2013 :  6:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The update-

Shipping is underway and customers are telling us they are very pleased with their upgraded XD-S™ pistols.

In our last update, we announced that upgraded pistols would start being shipped back to their owners on Friday, October 18th. Our process of upgrading pistols - in the order that they were received - started as planned and we are very pleased with the positive feedback we are getting from customers regarding the upgrades.

As you know, we have greatly increased our staff to get upgraded pistols back to our customers as quickly as possible. We are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times we can, and since last Friday we have already upgraded and shipped thousands of the recalled pistols we have received.

As you might expect, a very large number of pistols came into the Armory the first few days after the recall was announced. We are currently upgrading the batch received during those first few days, and once we work through them, we will be in a better position to provide a more specific update on the status of returns.

We are working as quickly as we can to provide more definitive shipping information to everyone, and we are committed to doing just that on Friday, November 1st. For now, please know that in just the first week of production we have realized a number of increased efficiencies and we will continue to improve upon our pace of delivery in the days and weeks ahead.

Based on our testing - and the initial feedback from customers - we remain confident that owners will be extremely pleased with their upgraded pistols. When upgraded pistols are finished, customers will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address they provided for the XD-S™ recall.

The entire Springfield Armory® family greatly appreciates the patience and loyalty of our valued customers.

To read a review of the upgraded pistols please click here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24073 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  5:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shipping continues to go very well and the speed of returns is increasing.

In our last update, we announced that shipping of upgraded XD-S™ pistols was underway and that in just the first week of production we realized a number of increased efficiencies, accelerating our upgrade and return time for each customer. Over the last week, we have upgraded and returned several thousand more pistols.

We are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times as possible, and we will stick with that commitment until the last upgraded XD-S™ has left the Armory. Specifically, we expect to return upgraded pistols back to their owners as follows:

All XD-S™ pistols received at Springfield Armory® on or before September 10, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Thanksgiving, if not before.

All XD-S™ pistols received between September 11-30, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Christmas, if not before

All XD-S™ pistols received between October 1-31, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners shortly after the holidays.

A very large number of pistols came into the Armory the first few days after the recall was announced. We are continuing to upgrade the first several batches received, and once we work through those pistols, progress will be even quicker. When your upgraded pistol is finished, you will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address you provided for the XD-S™ recall.

Customers continue to send back rave reviews on their upgraded XD-S™ pistols and we've also received a great deal of positive feedback on our first-in/first-out upgrade system. We truly appreciate that tremendous response from our valued customers. Click here to read a sample of those comments.

The entire Springfield Armory® family greatly appreciates the

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator

Edited by - Spider7115 on 11/02/2013 5:56:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

William81
Advanced Member

USA
20635 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  8:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Shipping continues to go very well and the speed of returns is increasing.

In our last update, we announced that shipping of upgraded XD-S™ pistols was underway and that in just the first week of production we realized a number of increased efficiencies, accelerating our upgrade and return time for each customer. Over the last week, we have upgraded and returned several thousand more pistols.

We are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times as possible, and we will stick with that commitment until the last upgraded XD-S™ has left the Armory. Specifically, we expect to return upgraded pistols back to their owners as follows:

All XD-S™ pistols received at Springfield Armory® on or before September 10, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Thanksgiving, if not before.

All XD-S™ pistols received between September 11-30, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Christmas, if not before All XD-S™ pistols received between October 1-31, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners shortly after the holidays.

A very large number of pistols came into the Armory the first few days after the recall was announced. We are continuing to upgrade the first several batches received, and once we work through those pistols, progress will be even quicker. When your upgraded pistol is finished, you will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address you provided for the XD-S™ recall.

Customers continue to send back rave reviews on their upgraded XD-S™ pistols and we've also received a great deal of positive feedback on our first-in/first-out upgrade system. We truly appreciate that tremendous response from our valued customers. Click here to read a sample of those comments.

The entire Springfield Armory® family greatly appreciates the

Well Merry Christmas to me then....

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page