GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Crabtree the bad guy and Sherman the good guy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
33482 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  6:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Crabtree was the AH and and Sherman was the one who was treated badly to begin with. Some things are just never what they seem to be:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-01-23/richard-sherman-michael-crabtree-audio-video-super-bowl-48-seattle-seahawks?ncid=webmail9

What's next

Edited by - kimi on 01/23/2014 6:02:29 PM

Ray B
Advanced Member

9343 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  6:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually Harbaugh is the bad guy in this entire affair.
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
23126 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  6:11:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherman was still in the moment when he was approached by Erin Andrews. I think the guy plays with heart, so he talked some smack, he didn't cuss, and he didn't make any threats, he just told it how it is. IMO it has been blown out of proportion. I am glad he hasn't apologized, I am tired of people expressing their feelings only to cower under the pressure of a PC public.
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
23126 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  6:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ray B

Actually Harbaugh is the bad guy in this entire affair.

Harbaugh put up his best against Sherman when the game was on the line and he got punked.
Go to Top of Page

CS8161
Advanced Member

USA
13990 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  6:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherman stated that the term "thug" is the new code word for the "N" word that rhymes with chigger.

CS8161
Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!

My Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=144598

Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
23126 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  6:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CS8161

Sherman stated that the term "thug" is the new code word for the "N" word that rhymes with chigger.

I can see why he might have that perspective.
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
33482 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  6:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CS8161

One might expect that from a man raised in Compton, California. Crabtree on the other hand went to Dallas Carter HS in Texas, which is known for its racist history as well.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

cbxjeff
Advanced Member

USA
9788 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  6:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Hell of a game". Them is fighting words!

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
Go to Top of Page

HWT FIREARMS

420 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  6:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not old enough to have seen Mohammad Ali when he was boxing but have seen plenty of his interviews and highlights that I couldn't imagine how these panty waist would freak out over his "smack talking"
Go to Top of Page

gary wray
Carpet Bagger

USA
5528 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  6:58:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that Sherman has been "talked to" and that won't happen again when 35m Fox viewers, mostly white and paying the freight, saw his rant. Yes, he was in the moment, and yes, he had just been dissed by Crabtree who both refused to shake his hand and pushed him in the face, but he should not have taken his anger on the viewers. Anything that hurts the brand (NFL Shield) is not good so listening to Carroll today talking about "a teachable moment" leads me to believe that Sherman, who is not a dumb guy, will not do that again. Someone also has to tell him that Al Capone was called a thug and was not....black. Thugs are thugs....sorry he thinks that it is the new "N" word but it is not. And he sounded like a thug in his rant....that is what my daughter thought who was watching with my 9 and 6 yrold grandkids....and his behavior was off the charts for young kids. Has nothing to do with race....all to do with bad behavior on national TV. When are we going to see black folks just stop playing the race card when they have nothing else to argue? Sad.

harperwv
Go to Top of Page

sxsnuf
PETA Member

892 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  7:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There sure were lots of sore losers (SF fans) on here ready to lynch Sherman while jumping on the Denver bandwagon.

I spose theyll be along directly with hats in hand to admit how wrong they were.

Most stereotypes are the result of real experience.
Most cliches are completely accurate.
Go to Top of Page

jltrent
Advanced Member

USA
6671 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  7:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best thing to happen to the Sea hawks. Sherman gets the attention he likes and the rest of the team gets to go on about their business, especially the quarterback.
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
23126 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  7:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gary wray

I believe that Sherman has been "talked to" and that won't happen again when 35m Fox viewers, mostly white and paying the freight, saw his rant. Yes, he was in the moment, and yes, he had just been dissed by Crabtree who both refused to shake his hand and pushed him in the face, but he should not have taken his anger on the viewers. Anything that hurts the brand (NFL Shield) is not good so listening to Carroll today talking about "a teachable moment" leads me to believe that Sherman, who is not a dumb guy, will not do that again. Someone also has to tell him that Al Capone was called a thug and was not....black. Thugs are thugs....sorry he thinks that it is the new "N" word but it is not. And he sounded like a thug in his rant....that is what my daughter thought who was watching with my 9 and 6 yrold grandkids....and his behavior was off the charts for young kids. Has nothing to do with race....all to do with bad behavior on national TV. When are we going to see black folks just stop playing the race card when they have nothing else to argue? Sad.

I can't disagree with most of your comments for the exception of the blue. Apparently Sherman was bombarded with racial slurs, and threats in various forms after that interview. I say apparently only because that was what has been reported, I wasn't witness to it. This technology we have today has brought a lot of hatred from some because of differing viewpoints. We see it everyday when someone hits the NEWS for something controversial then we hear about the thousands of death threats they receive...seriously?? Racial comments and threats because of what he said to Erin Andrews, that is just ridiculous.

plenty of examples of racist tweets

http://deadspin.com/dumb-people-say-stupid-racist-poop-about-richard-sherm-1504843629

Edited by - shilowar on 01/23/2014 7:20:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Navybat
Advanced Member

USA
4676 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  8:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And some folks here absolutely lost it...ranting as bad as Sherman. Some even said he should be SHOT. Amazing.

FLY NAVY!
Go to Top of Page

montanajoe

Trinidad and Tobago
29269 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  8:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
....just Wow,,,

GunBroker.com Moderator
The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles
Go to Top of Page

notnow

USA
314 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  11:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally enjoyed it. It was anything but one of those semi-lobotomized post game PC interviews. And I liked the way Erin Andrews snapped back at him.
Go to Top of Page

armilite
Advanced Member

British Indian Ocean Territories
28204 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  11:08:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sxsnuf

There sure were lots of sore losers (SF fans) on here ready to lynch Sherman while jumping on the Denver bandwagon.

I spose theyll be along directly with hats in hand to admit how wrong they were.

Yep still rooting for the U.S Postal team, they've got a bunch of Wisconsin ties.

Kill the Head and the Body Will Follow.
New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator

They made penicillin from moldy bread so there is hope for you.

There is no situation that you can not get yourself out of with the proper amount of explosives.

G19

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=190228">My Stuff for Sale at GunBroker.com

Go to Top of Page

austin20
Advanced Member

USA
25152 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  11:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems both guys had been trash talking throughout the game.
Go to Top of Page

Dads3040
Advanced Member

USA
2737 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  01:07:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do they show Sherman running past Crabtree and slapping him on the ass, or is that edited out?

I watched the live feed. Not some partial video that it took 6 days to concoct.

Want to think Ricky is a great guy? Good for you.

The Object in Life is not to be with the Majority, but Rather to Avoid finding Oneself in the Ranks of the Insane. Marcus Aurelius
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
23126 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  03:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dads3040

Do they show Sherman running past Crabtree and slapping him on the ass, or is that edited out?

Apparently you didn't play football...smacking a guy on the ass and telling him "hell of a game" is hardly out of the norm in football. Especially after the game ended on such an explosive play.
Go to Top of Page

MVP
Advanced Member

Equatorial Guinea
21965 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  04:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shilowar

Sherman was still in the moment when he was approached by Erin Andrews. I think the guy plays with heart, so he talked some smack, he didn't cuss, and he didn't make any threats, he just told it how it is. IMO it has been blown out of proportion. I am glad he hasn't apologized, I am tired of people expressing their feelings only to cower under the pressure of a PC public.

Blown way out of proportion, mostly by people who are mad because the 49ers lost because of a great play... by Sherman.

Go to Top of Page

armilite
Advanced Member

British Indian Ocean Territories
28204 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  06:39:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MVP

quote:

Blown way out of proportion, mostly by people who are mad because the 49ers lost because of a great play... by Sherman.

Yep

Kill the Head and the Body Will Follow.
New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator

They made penicillin from moldy bread so there is hope for you.

There is no situation that you can not get yourself out of with the proper amount of explosives.

G19

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=190228">My Stuff for Sale at GunBroker.com

Go to Top of Page

djh860
Advanced Member

USA
3548 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  08:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those guys are just not like the rest of us and for the most part I'm not surprised when they don't act normal. The on field stuff is fine. It's just part of the game . The interview was quite a shocker. Low class in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

19845 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  08:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"What it was, was football..." Deacon Andy Griffith

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

SG
Advanced Member

USA
3558 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  09:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they should make a new rule in football. If you have an altercation with a player of the opposing team and draw a penalty,they should stop the game clock and send the two players to an area called the "dropzone".There,they will duke it out until one player drops.First to be dropped will cause theyre team to lose 3 points. Sure would make it more entertaining.

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
33482 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  12:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by djh860

Those guys are just not like the rest of us and for the most part I'm not surprised when they don't act normal. The on field stuff is fine. It's just part of the game . The interview was quite a shocker. Low class in my opinion.

Low class act, but not surprising after he was humiliated on national TV with a shove to the face after a gentlemanly attemt to be a good sport. Not being able to strike back in a more forceful manner resulted in the type interview we saw.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

Navybat
Advanced Member

USA
4676 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  12:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kimi

quote:
Originally posted by djh860

Low class act, but not surprising after he was humiliated on national TV with a shove to the face after a gentlemanly attemt to be a good sport. Not being able to strike back in a more forceful manner resulted in the type interview we saw.

BOOM BABY! You hit the nail on the head.

FLY NAVY!
Go to Top of Page

Dads3040
Advanced Member

USA
2737 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  12:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Apparently you didn't play football...smacking a guy on the ass and telling him "hell of a game" is hardly out of the norm in football. Especially after the game ended on such an explosive play.

Sorry, I played plenty of football, and I know that slapping a guy on the ass, grabbing your neck in front of him, and then saying 'good game' in a voice dripping with sarcasm isn't out of the norm, and it isn't done to congratulate the other guy.

I also know that Seahawks fans are trying very hard to pretend they have excuses for Sherman. Feel free to carry on with it.

Sherman was just trying to win the Mother Teresa Award for Human Kindness. Got it.

The Object in Life is not to be with the Majority, but Rather to Avoid finding Oneself in the Ranks of the Insane. Marcus Aurelius
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
33482 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  12:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're talking to me in an indirect manner that I am trying to make Sherman look good, you could not be more wrong.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

Dads3040
Advanced Member

USA
2737 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  3:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

If you're talking to me in an indirect manner that I am trying to make Sherman look good, you could not be more wrong.

I don't communicate indirectly. I don't know if you are a SeaHawks fan.

I do know that I watched the portion of the game that is being discussed as it happened, and Sherman was not 'congratulating' Crabtree. He was showing his ass, and acting like one.

You and anyone else are entitled to a different opinion.

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
33482 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  4:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I don't communicate indirectly. I don't know if you are a SeaHawks fan.

I do know that I watched the portion of the game that is being discussed as it happened, and Sherman was not 'congratulating' Crabtree. He was showing his ass, and acting like one.

You and anyone else are entitled to a different opinion.

You're right about opinions that differ from yours regarding Sherman congratulating Crabtree on a good game.

What's next

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page