GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Bear Creek Arsenal?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

D@D
Advanced Member

USA
3774 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  11:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know this company? How are there AR15's? I might just get one for 499.00

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15732 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  12:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 11th commandment, when buying anything. "When the deal sounds to good to be true, it usually is."

We had a couple of dirtbags selling $300 complete uppers at the last big show. The only way you can sell that kind of stuff. At way under fair market value, is if it's hot or junk. Every knowledgeable person gave them a wide berth.

Go to Top of Page

nmyers
Advanced Member

12579 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  12:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or, the 12th commandment: "You get what you pay for, sometimes less."

Neal
Go to Top of Page

tsr1965
Advanced Member

USA
7095 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  12:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would make sure they are not related to Hesse, Blackthorne, or Vulcan Arms. Those three are the same folks just trying to outrun quality issues, by changing their name.

Best

Take a look at these auctions on the otherside...
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/BrowseItems.aspx?IncludeSellers=484399

Go to Top of Page

D@D
Advanced Member

USA
3774 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  2:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsr1965

I would make sure they are not related to Hesse, Blackthorne, or Vulcan Arms. Those three are the same folks just trying to outrun quality issues, by changing their name.

Best

Not sure thats why I was asking. I got an email from Classic Arms showing them. Is Classic Arms a shaddy company known for selling junk?

http://www.classicfirearms.com/ar15bearcreekarsenalm4flattopw-magandcase?utm_source=EmailzDirect&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Subscriber%235464&utm_campaign=2-14-14

http://www.classicfirearms.com/ar15bearcreekarsenalm4a3carryhandlew-magandcase?utm_source=EmailzDirect&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Subscriber%235464&utm_campaign=2-14-14
Go to Top of Page

beantownshootah
Advanced Member

USA
13062 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  3:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Not sure thats why I was asking. I got an email from Classic Arms showing them. Is Classic Arms a shaddy company known for selling junk?

No. I've dealt with them before several times, and never had an issue.

They're based in NC and sell mostly the same CAI imported surplus arms as everyone else, usually at good prices. They also typically have surplus type ammo at good prices, and sometimes a selection of locally made guns.

The "Bear Creek Arsenal" fall into the latter category. They're made locally by a small company in NC.

I have no idea how good/bad the guns are, but presumably most of the components are the same parts that everyone else is using to build their guns. No idea how they can get away with selling these cheaper than everyone else. Presumably they're using standard (ie low grade) internal parts, and my guess is they're probably selling them at only a little bit above cost to establish a reputation. . .that's the only thing I can figure.

Classic Arms will probably make it right (repair or replace), should you buy one and have issues with it in any reasonable length of time.

EDIT: As basis for consideration, DPMS/Panther has its entry level flat top gun available now for $585 *and* its offering a $50 mail in rebate. So for a total of $535 (plus shipping/transfer fees), you're talking about probably the cheapest true entry level AR-15 from a "name" manufacturer.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=393772120

From a buyers perspective, you're probably better off paying another $35 for the DPMS gun. That's a big company, and the gun will have more resale value with a "name" on it. But from the same perspective, if DPMS can sell you an entry level AR-15 for $535, then a price of $500 for a highly similar gun from a small upstart company isn't "insane".

Del-Ton also has an entry level gun, its "DT Sport" for the same $590, no rebate.

I'm sure these guns are OK, but as above, you're basically paying for the bare minimum necessary to get a functional gun, with mediocre parts quality, and absolutely no bells and whistles. As a "sporter" they're probably OK, but when it comes down to details that distinguish a life-or-death fighting gun from a "hobby" gun (ie staked gas key, etc) you probably aren't going to get those from the cheapy guns

Edit #2: Here's another entry level AR-15 NIB, for as little as $455. To be clear, this is a polymer receiver gun. . .its NOT the same as a standard aluminum receiver gun and *should* cost less:

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=388514950

ATI isn't exactly known for excellent build quality, but for what its worth, the company has been around for a while and isn't some shady fly-by-night entity.

Edited by - beantownshootah on 02/14/2014 3:45:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page