GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 US Military Veteran Forum - Vietnam
 My appointment at the VA today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
29500 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  6:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Went well, BP is down near normal now.

My new hearing aids (free from VA for ANY veteran w/hearing loss) will arrive in about 3 weeks....for fitting/adjusting.

Also, the VA now provides eye exams and glasses.....will be notified of when the eye exam will be so get new glasses too.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968

perry shooter
Advanced Member

17214 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  10:09:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a new pair of hearing aids about a month ago If you get a brand oticon they can program them at a clinic instead of hospital saves me about 180 mile round trip. The 8 inch self propelled were loud but the 175's are what did my hearing in
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
29500 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2015 :  3:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the behind the ear style(Dot by ReSound purchased retail some 6 ?? years ago.

The VA audiologist said I could choose the same style or the all in the ear type which was suggested for my hearing loss.

I chose the in the ear style and should bet them near end of this month.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
29500 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2015 :  4:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE:

The 'in the ear' style arrived at the local VA clinic and I went in to get them.

~ they are UGLY and sit in the ear, big bulky ugly things that look like they were stolen from someone 100 years old in a nursing home. The did they programming and said to try them.

I tired them, everything sounded like one is in a barrel and they pickup all sorts of background noise.

I can hear far better with the old DOT by Resound I had & still have.

Made the 200 miles round trip to the VA audiologist today who was very nice. I detailed my plight with the 'new' hearing aids I've had about 3 weeks.

To my surprise, no argument or anything. Agreed to replace them with a behind the ear style like I have ~ not the same brand but same style.

They should be here in about 3 weeks and HOPE they do the job far better than the 1st pair from the VA.

We will see tho.

TO ADD: The audiologist stated the returned aids will not cost the taxpayers a penny as they can be returned to the mfg for a full refund to the gov't.

Abraham Lincoln

Edited by - us55840 on 03/21/2015 10:28:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
29500 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2015 :  11:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to the VA yesterday and got my new replacement hearing aids.

They are Phonax brand behind the ear style very similiar to the Resound Dot I had before.

They seem to work great, somewhat clearer with less interference than the ones I had before ~ because of the rapid advancements in the technology.

I checked on the Phonax web site, and Phonax only makes one that is more advanced or more features but several that a lower on the scale. Clearly, they didn't buy the cheapest ones made for the Vets.

I'm pleased.

BTW ~ the VA is the largest purchaser of hearing aids in the USA.

Abraham Lincoln

Edited by - us55840 on 04/23/2015 11:42:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

acdodd

USA
1346 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2015 :  6:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had VA issued hearing aids for years.
The loss must be service connected.
Batteries and other supplies are also free.
I put in a claim for tinnitus and sever hearing loss.
The VA rated me at 60% total.
Tinnitus is an automatic 10%.
My hearing aids have built in blue tooth and I love that.
My phone syncs up and makes hearing calls a lot better.
I also have an adapter that connects to my TV so I can listen threw my hearing aids.
Wife loves that the TV doesn't have to be blaring.
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
29500 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2015 :  09:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by acdodd

I have had VA issued hearing aids for years.
The loss must be service connected.
Batteries and other supplies are also free.
I put in a claim for tinnitus and sever hearing loss.
The VA rated me at 60% total.
Tinnitus is an automatic 10%.
My hearing aids have built in blue tooth and I love that.
My phone syncs up and makes hearing calls a lot better.
I also have an adapter that connects to my TV so I can listen threw my hearing aids.
Wife loves that the TV doesn't have to be blaring.

Hearing loss does NOT have to be service connected anymore!

No "smart phone" so blue tooth not needed. Adapter to TV not needed either has usually turn my aids down or off when wife watched TV cause she likes the sound cranked up to loud w/aids on.

Abraham Lincoln

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page