Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines Message Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums Message Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Cobray Shotgun
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

181 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  7:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for info on this shotgun.....has a short barrel. I think 14". is this a class 3?...This is for my I don't have much info.....Any help is appreciated.....

1239 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  7:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes it is a Destructive Device, even with an 18" bbl.

Go to Top of Page

81 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  11:27:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey mjgcarpenter, I have a Class III 12 gauge that could possibly be what your brother is talking about. It is a Mossberg model 500 that was converted by S.W.D. which was some how connected with Cobray. It has a 12 & 3/4 inch barrel and on the left side of the receiver, "THE ROGUE" is cut or laser etched into it. It is classified as AOW and had a $5.00 transfer. Ask your brother if it was a standard type configured shotgun or something unusual looking. Maybe this will help.
Go to Top of Page

246 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  1:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cobray made a Striker 12 that was a drum fed 12 ga. that was in appearance just like the "street sweeper". Both were banned because the liberals didn't like thier names or their looks. I don't know what restrictions are on them now, but I remember the street sweeper ads in the SGN used to boast "12 shots in less than 3 seconds".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: Message Forums © 1999-2015 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page