GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 browning super tubes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

daydreamer1

105 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  05:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a set of super tubes made by or for browning to fit the superposed model gun. my question to you browning experts is ,all my superposed are lightning models 12 ga. will the tubes fit? next, browning fit these tubes to gun at factory ,a service no longer offered .briley won't do it .is there any {gunsmith} that can or will do the fitting that you know of. tubes were semi expensive and I was led to believe thev just slid into bbls. live and learn !! any info will be gratefully appreacted.

bobski
Advanced Member

Vatican City
19621 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  8:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is there any way you can find the previous owner of your tubes? find the gun and you got a chance of using them. no bbl or tube manufacturer is going to be bothered checking them for you. its too time consuming and theres a 50/50 chance it will be all in vain. and for what smittys are paid for by the hour, its not profitable! with that said, this is the problem: those tubes were fit to a gun. no two guns have the exact same inside measurements. metal was removed to fit those tubes. once removed from the parent gun, sliding them into another gun is DANGEROUS and no one here will ever say to do it. if so, i'd be surprised. now..the scientific approach. if you can find a bonified smitty to measure both bores at the breech, 1/2 way down the tubes, and where the tube muzzle ends in the bbl, see if they match up. if the tubes wont go in and are snug w/o any play at all, there may be enough metal left to make a tight fit. problem is all 3 areas must be tight. its a lot of work and in my opinion, not worth it. too bad you couldnt get a smitty to install expanding friction fits. much like the old savage 410ers. good luck!

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page