GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Politics
 A Problem For Gun Owners And Republicans
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dav1965
Advanced Member

USA
10503 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  12:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When a law is passed restricting a right for instance a bump fired stock. How many people will think its ok because i do not want one or they dont work very well.

Then another law is passed and the other half do not care because it does not affect them. Before long all the rights will be gone and people will be complaining.

Another thing we do not do is stick together. The dems for better or worse almost always stick together no matter how stupid the person is.

Gun owners and Republicans need to stick together and lose the mindset that it does not affect me.

kidthatsirish
Advanced Member

USA
6055 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  2:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed...before we know it this place will be shut down.

“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return". -- Leonardo DaVinci 1452-1519

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
29480 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2017 :  4:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kidthatsirish

Agreed...before we know it this place will be shut down.

The PC Gang has already influenced here ... try to correctly space/print out CI V IL War and see what you get.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968
Go to Top of Page

Dads3040
Advanced Member

USA
13148 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  12:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are missing a glaring opportunity every time Bump Fire stocks are mentioned...and we don't immediately state that THE OBAMA BATF approved them for sale.

THE OBAMA BATF

The Object in Life is not to be with the Majority, but Rather to Avoid finding Oneself in the Ranks of the Insane. Marcus Aurelius
Go to Top of Page

Mobuck
Advanced Member

10148 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  07:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't condone the "banning" by legislation of ANYTHING. It's too much of a "can of worms" thing that usually ends up being just a stepping stone for more restrictions.
How would the "other side" like things if every time there was a vehicle accident exacerbated by texting or similar driving distractions, "our side" went totally ballistic about banning cell phones in general?
Maybe it's just me but I don't see a difference between being dead from some deranged person committing murder with a firearm and some distracted person committing vehicular homicide--the victim is DEAD either way.
While we're at it, let's make 3rd strike DWI a capital offense--that's bound to get the attention of a whole group of folks.

Mobuck<BR>

Edited by - Mobuck on 10/12/2017 07:47:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

31695 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2017 :  8:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would go for the 3rd strike DUI...few years ago an illegal ran a stop light and killed a young mother....11 DUI's... WTH..and even still in the country and not in jail...needs executed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page