GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 22 TCM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Geri

1113 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2017 :  10:16:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any experience with this cartridge, both rifle and 1911 handgun?

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

17717 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2017 :  11:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was going to buy one, couple years ago. Most for some reason, are sold on the double stack 1911 platform. Which I didn't want because of my small hands.

Although the cartridge is a screamer, ( 7.62 X 25, necked down to .223 ). Great care has to be exercised, if you reload for it. John Browning designed the 1911 platform for the 45 ACP, and pressures associated with the 45 ACP.

If you not careful, reloading for the 22 TCM. PSI's can be well over twice that of the 45 ACP. Which could result in the face of the slide cracking. Factory ammo is loaded with reasonable amounts of slow burning powder. To address this, long as your using factory ammo, you'll OK. Because of this, I decided to buy FN 5.7 pistol, instead of a 22 TCM.

Go to Top of Page

nononsense

9958 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2017 :  7:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geri,

quote:
Based on the 5.5645mm NATO case and shortened so that the shoulder is at approximately the same length as a .38 Super cartridge, the .22 TCM is somewhat longer than the ubiquitous 919mm Parabellum and designed to be fired from a RIA line of weapons (which also included 9mm barrel swaps) fed by Para-Ordnance-style double-column .38 Super magazines. A sub-variant, the 22 TCM 9R, with a shorter, more deeply-seated bullet, is designed for use in Glock magazines limited to standard-length 9mm cartridges. Standard factory loads are 40-grain jacketed soft hollow point, 39-grain for "9R".

Go to the search button in the upper right corner and type in'22 TCM', you should get about 5 different threads about this cartridge.

I have worked with the 5.7x28 also...

Best.

Go to Top of Page

charliemeyer007
Advanced Member

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  04:04:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
+1 for both ear plugs and muff's if you are shooting it as a pistol.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/7/27/tested-the-22-tcm-cartridge/
Go to Top of Page

Geri

1113 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  09:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the information. Sounds like another toy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page