GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Why Do They Hate the South and Its Symbols?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43744 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  10:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you an unreconstructed white American? The following article was written back in 2007, and has been reprinted, yet again, in the latest Confederate Veteran magazine.

Why Do They Hate the South and Its Symbols?

https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/review/why-do-they-hate-the-south-and-its-symbols/

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

john carr

1370 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  12:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why do they hate the South and its Symbols?

I can't answer the question. What is incredible to me though is the "Stand Down" attitude the South has taken in dealing with these cretins that pull down statues of Southern pride and stand by and do nothing. Even the cops won't interfere though what they are seeing are felonies being committed before their eyes.
Even the KKK has been conspicuous by its absence. Only thing I can come up with is that Political Correctness has taken the place of the Rule of Law.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter Mag
Advanced Member

USA
6844 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  2:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised they haven't torn down the statue of liberty with LEOs watching stating that it's their 1st amendment right, while in a city with no 2nd amendment rights.
This country is nothing short of completely pathetic.
You know the really sad part? Not long from now these will be looked upon as "the good ole days"

Remember this quote... "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Sam06
Advanced Member

11419 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  3:05:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because they are ignorant.

RLTW

Proud white heteronormative cis-male member of the Kyriarchy

Liberalism: The haunting feeling that someone, somewhere, might be having a good time.
Go to Top of Page

armilite
Advanced Member

Mozambique
39716 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  3:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well they sure don't hate the college football teams from the south.

Kill the Head and the Body Will Follow.
New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator

They made penicillin from moldy bread so there is hope for you.

There is no situation that you can not get yourself out of with the proper amount of explosives.

G19

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=190228">My Stuff for Sale at GunBroker.com

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43744 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  3:43:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, we might get lucky in time. We have to remember that people of my age grew up during the 40s and 50s. For example, the war on the South and our Confederate Flag started right on the heels of the Nazi Holocaust. The Nazi Holocaust took hold very quickly, so we learned to identify Nazi Germans as very evil people while still a child. It took a lot more time for the Commies of the day to tie the Confederate flag to the KKK, read white supremacist, read Nazi...read Slavery as the American Holocaust that the propagandists of the day would have one believe, that is currently going full steam ahead. Changing such attitudes will most definitely take time.

Take Charlottesville, for example, right after it happened, one of my high school classmates down in Texas could not find it within herself to support the defenders of the Lee monument, not even from afar, not even in private communications, yet her people have deep roots in the South and were, of course, Confederates. These defenders to her were, no doubt, just as evil as the Germans with their Nazi flags and their extermination camps...that she learned about from newsreels, every Saturday as a child, be it at the local movie theaters where she grew up, on the radio, or in the newspapers. Add to this, the KKK/white supremacist and Confederate flag images that had been demonized in the world she grew up in, and one can understand more about her inability to support the Lee defenders at Charlottesville.

My question is, is this any way to treat people that take 'your fight' to your enemies? Of course not. She, and other people like her, who do not appreciate the tearing down of America...not just the tearing down of the South...need to band together and support one another when our monuments, flags, heritage, and traditional way of life are being destroyed...as much as we might hate to do so - just do it. I think this movement is just now underway...and we can thank those of us who have participated to this end, in one form or another...right down to whether or not we cast a vote for Trump. We can also thank Trump for running for president. We can also thank him for attacking the NFL protesters. Turning this around, if we ever will, will take some time, but our enemies: the NAACP, the Black Caucus, BLM, ANTIFA, Feminists activists, New Black Panthers, the Nation of Islam, Establishment Politicians, militant Latino organizations, and so on, have no trouble banding together and supporting one another in the total destruction of the traditional American way of life.

I greatly appreciate the author's vast historical knowledge, and for being current on the pulse of the nation to the great extent he was back in 2007. I also greatly appreciate the last sentence of his article "For your conspicuous indiscretions, I salute you; and I trust that generations to come will take note of your willingness to defy the spirit of what is both a cowardly and tyrannical age."

What's next

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43744 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
btt

What's next

Edited by - kimi on 11/14/2017 12:07:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
35592 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  05:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by armilite

Well they sure don't hate the college football teams from the south.

They are 80% black.
Go to Top of Page

Brookwood
Advanced Member

USA
2899 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  05:33:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems that all of these hate groups (they) need to have a scape goat to hit upon. Time periods just don't seem to matter either!

Most sensible folk know that they have no claims to the great fortune that their great, great, great Grand daddy left to his maid.
Go to Top of Page

mnrivrat48

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  06:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This country may not be divided by the north and south, but it is divided by Americans vs communists.(s-o-c-i-a-l-i-s-t-s ) Urban vs rural also seems to fit the division . Race, gender,and you name it seem also to be at odds.
I don't know the answer but you would think the communists who call themselves Democrats these days would look at what's going on in America today, and re-think what kind of society they want to live in. They are the problem and not the solution to a having a free society. Apparently they have lost pride in themselves, and are happy to let the government take care of them. Trading that for being free.

Linden Johnson was quoted as saying " I'll have them N---r's voting democratic for 500 years with these programs" I have not fact checked that, but I sure started seeing the changes in America after his administration, and the programs he would have been talking about. Programs that helped divide the nation by gender and race.

A number of years ago I watched a news segment that showed a training camp in Afghanistan where a Muslim terrorist was running up a set of steps and had an enemy to shoot at. The enemy dummy was dressed in white with a red cross on the front.

The point is they are still fighting the crusades . Not to much different than some here still fighting the War of Northern Aggression I guess.

I am not sure any of what I just said is the true cause and effect of some of our nations problems today, but I do know we as a Constitutional Republic are in real trouble.

WELCOME TO THE NEW WORD ORDER - RESISTANCE IS FUTILE - YOU WILL ASSIMILATE

Edited by - mnrivrat48 on 11/14/2017 06:31:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43744 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brookwood

It seems that all of these hate groups (they) need to have a scape goat to hit upon. Time periods just don't seem to matter either!

Totally agree with you BW!

What's next

Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
25021 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the Jewish faith, there is pride in how they emerged from bondage and effectively got over the damaging effects of slavery.

They also retain the symbols of their bondage and attempted extermination at the hands of the German people this past century.

A successful group will hold dear the memory of the travails that they faced and overcame.

An unsuccessful group will hide from that which they have never really confronted and overcame.

'Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.'
Brad Steele.

'The Constitution that was actually enacted and formally amended creates islands of government powers in a sea of liberty. The judicially redacted constitution creates islands of liberty rights in a sea of governmental powers.'
Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43744 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  1:08:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Don McManus

In the Jewish faith, there is pride in how they emerged from bondage and effectively got over the damaging effects of slavery.

They also retain the symbols of their bondage and attempted extermination at the hands of the German people this past century.

A successful group will hold dear the memory of the travails that they faced and overcame.

An unsuccessful group will hide from that which they have never really confronted and overcame.

Excellent post! Thanks!!!!!!

What's next

Go to Top of Page

penguin
troll

427 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  2:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Define South.
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
24262 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  5:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by penguin

Define South.

"Heritage"
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43744 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  5:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pwillie

quote:

Define South.

"Heritage"

I think he might mean in terms of being 'unreconstructed' rather than geographical, or more specifically, one that buys off on the tripe being sold and force fed to the public today by the progressives/Communists/Lincoln Cultist types.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
24262 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  11:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To the right you will see the 2013 National Championship Hat from the Fighting Irish.....

Edited by - pwillie on 11/14/2017 11:16:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

retroxler58
Advanced Member

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
32886 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  11:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Define South.

A vector direction opposite North.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page