GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Romanian 22 Trainer Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gunswapper

689 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  9:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Romanian 22 training rifle in the shop that will fire with the safety engaged. This rifle is marked UMC2 over 1974 over V-5180. The bolt is marked U-4954. I have another similar rifle minus the bolt. The bolt from my customers rifle fits my rifle and the safety works fine. My rifle is marked UMC2 over 1973 over U-6906. I tried the sear from my rifle in the customers rifle and the safety still did not prevent the rifle from firing. I then added the trigger and sear from my rifle in the customers rifle and the safety still did not work. Any suggestions?

mrmike08075
Cancer Fighter

USA
6964 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  10:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/#/topics/407682?page=4

No direct answer to your question but the links to tech manuals might prove helpful.

Mike

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.

Nothing gold can stay. Nature's first green is gold. Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leafs flower. But only so an hour. Than leaf subsides to leaf. So eden sank to grief. So dawn goes down today. Nothing gold can stay. (Robert Frost)
Go to Top of Page

pip5255
Advanced Member

USA
7400 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  10:49:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is a bolt safety correct ?
there in lies the problem.

tired not retired !
Go to Top of Page

charliemeyer007
Advanced Member

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  10:58:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like bubba did some trigger work or perhaps parts are worn from use. I'd be looking at the bolt's striker working surface.

Cut and pasted.
It is a Romanian military training rifle, the sight picture approximates the sights on an AK rifle. Trigger is similar to an AK too, long takeup, some resistance, then the trigger breaks. I bought a bunch of them when they were first imported back around 1995. If you bought four, you could get them for $55 each.

Pretty neat rifles, fairly accurate, light and handy. They are copies of Winchester Model 69 target rifles, and can use the same magazine.

The dates on the ones I had ran anywhere from 1969 to 1984.

I traded of all but the best one, which I still shoot frequently. I use it a lot as a canoeing gun, figure if I capsize and lose the rifle, I'm not out a bunch of money.
Go to Top of Page

Gunswapper

689 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2017 :  08:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is a bolt safety correct ?
there in lies the problem.

Pip can you please explain this post? What is the problem?
Go to Top of Page

pip5255
Advanced Member

USA
7400 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2017 :  7:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you need to disassemble the bolt to find the problem, I would suspect you will find worn or broken piece. I have done a bit of bolt repairs over the years and you may get lucky and be able to correct problem.

tired not retired !
Go to Top of Page

Gunswapper

689 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2017 :  8:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why will it work in my rifle but not in the customers rifle with my sear and trigger?
Go to Top of Page

pip5255
Advanced Member

USA
7400 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2017 :  9:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you are mismatching parts and not properly fitting them for function probably because of wear and tear for a guess, I don't have it here to examine all components but as I stated previously I would start in the bolt.

tired not retired !
Go to Top of Page

charliemeyer007
Advanced Member

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2017 :  1:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with pip5255. You are about to learn gunsmithing vs gun assembly or swapping parts. The gun, in this case is cheap so expecting part to just drop in and fit/function isn't reasonable. The system of working parts has tolerances, so some plus here is fixed by some minus there. When fitting it's a lot easier to remove some metal then put it back.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page