GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Slackers argh
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mogley98
Advanced Member

USA
13186 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  5:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took on a new building and in the process of commissioning I found so many errors it makes you wonder!

The Door Schedule on the Architect's drawings failed to list several fire rated door assemblies. His first response was that they were not rated, when I pointed out the rooms were rated and the doors/frames had labels, he agreed to change it.

Architect drawings also failed to properly show all the rated wall assemblies. Duh?

Electricians mislabeled panel schedules multiple times, items marked spare but in use Etc. When I commission a building I check every single circuit. I check every panel schedule to verify the device listed is correct.

Line Isolation monitor in one room installed incorrectly and not working.

Fire alarm vendor tried to turn in a hand written document that doesn't meet NFPA requirements. Sorry Charlie

Mechanical installed Fire and Smoke dampers in areas that didn't require them (architects/engineers fault but the mechanical should have known better and submitted a RFI) so now they either have to remove them or the customer has to maintain them as if they belonged there. Turned that fight over to the owner.

The builder had no clue of NFPA 80 and NFPA 105 requirements for turnover of inspection records on rated door installation.

Found numerous roof leaks, plumbing leaks, Fire Sprinkler system leaks.

Numerous penetrations in rated wall assemblies not properly sealed. Walls and mechanical systems not marked correctly.

On the plus side the TAB was correct and professionally done.

If you ever build a building have it Commissioned by a third party before accepting the job as complete!

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
5017 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  6:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone was not paying attention...

Good pick ups by you brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

49390 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  9:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I assume that was for just one area of the building?

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

Ricci Wright
Advanced Member

USA
3598 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  10:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you a building inspector??

"Fight like the third monkey on the ramp of Noah's Ark"
Go to Top of Page

dav1965
Advanced Member

USA
10537 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  10:18:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When i was the lead electrician my boss was someone who had no knowledge of maintenance. He told me to do something and i told him we can not do it that way because of the NEC.

He told me the NEC does not apply to factories. I just laughed in front of everyone in the meeting and after the meeting he was pissed i laughed at him. Then he was called into the site managers office because the customer complained about trying to cut corners.

I told him to just let me do the work and you keep up with the paperwork and you will make it. About 3 days later he made another really bad decision and after that he never ? me again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page