GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Al Franken is being sacrificed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
35758 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Franken is donesky in the US Senate...tomorrow he will resign as the Dems keep pig piling to end his career. It is my contention that he is not being shunned because of his behavior but rather political triangulation. I believe he is being sacrificed so that the Dems have the moral authority to go after Roy Moore if he wins. The Dems figure Franken's senate seat is safely democrat so if they force him to resign, they'll just replace him with someone that will walk lock step with the agenda. That way they can demand that Republicans force out Roy Moore if he is elected next week. What we are seeing has been completely scripted.

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
5203 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is being dumped by Dem party bosses. They know they will get another Democratic stooge in Minesota to take his place. The plus is as you said They pressure out Rep Roy Moore and gain a seat in Bama...

Typical Democratic politics and dirty pool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

discusdad
Advanced Member

USA
9694 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the same with Conyers, only it won't be Moore---it will be Trump and impeachment..Moore can be dealt with after the election and being sworn in. the wheels of the impeachment train are in high gear now.

Edited by - discusdad on 12/06/2017 6:23:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

HandLoad
Advanced Member

14989 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, it is a Chess Match: Demons sacrifice Bishops to Get The King.

Laudate Nomen!
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

49582 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:35:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I don't know if that's the reason, even if it seems plausible. What I do know for sure is that he isn't being forced out because of any moral dogma held by the dems.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

11446 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:38:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have to say, yep, politics as usual; dems could give a rats azz about grabbing, look at Billy C the King of such. Frankin is gone...like you guys say, a lamb being slaughtered and he needs it,. The dung part is they have a plan for the old reach around. mofos will do anything.
Go to Top of Page

mogley98
Advanced Member

USA
13324 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Dems were all fine with Clinton doggin the ponies in the Oval office. Said it was between him and his wife had nothing to do with anyone else.

Screw them
Go to Top of Page

Rocky Raab
Advanced Member

USA
7707 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoever they go after with this gambit (and I agree that it smells exactly like that) only needs to say one thing: "The difference is that your guys were guilty."
Go to Top of Page

bigoutside
Advanced Member

South Sandwich Islands
18224 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:52:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I count that as 6 votes so far from GBGD that he should stay?

Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

11446 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:14:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not from me? if that's what you read.
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
35758 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grasshopper

Not from me? if that's what you read.

I am confident he didn't read anything.
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

49582 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigoutside

I think you only get to vote once.

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

G1
Go to Top of Page

discusdad
Advanced Member

USA
9694 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm wondering what bigoutside was thinking myself..no one made any comment on whether he should stay. all that was said is WHY he is being sent packing.
Go to Top of Page

Ricci Wright
Advanced Member

USA
3722 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:36:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes he's gone and that is a good thing. Let us celebrate victories no matter how small. They are devouring their own and that's great no matter how you look at it. I still maintain Trump is smarter than the average politician and is running them around in circles.

"Fight like the third monkey on the ramp of Noah's Ark"
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
29597 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by discusdad

the same with Conyers, only it won't be Moore---it will be Trump and impeachment..Moore can be dealt with after the election and being sworn in. the wheels of the impeachment train are in high gear now.

The dufus that was pushing that attempt at impeachment in congress was voted down today in a very bipartisan vote.

Some of the dems are seeing the light... well a glimmer anyway.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968

Edited by - us55840 on 12/06/2017 7:45:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

25780 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course, all them womenfolk can't be mad enough or right enough or smart enough to do anything that is actually the right thing to do.

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
29597 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ricci Wright

Yes he's gone and that is a good thing. Let us celebrate victories no matter how small. They are devouring their own and that's great no matter how you look at it. I still maintain Trump is smarter than the average politician and is running them around in circles.

YUP. The former political moves aren't in Trumps playbook and it has both sides dumbfounded.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

49582 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barzillia

Of course, all them womenfolk can't be mad enough or right enough or smart enough to do anything that is actually the right thing to do.

Vote 2?

G1
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

25780 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  8:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lysistrata

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

bigoutside
Advanced Member

South Sandwich Islands
18224 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  8:06:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well mea culpa.
It sure seemed like many (not all) of the posts above mine were upset and pissed that he might be leaving.
If I misunderstood that some of you think it would be better if he stayed, my apologies.
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

31986 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  9:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if he gets fired, i bet he could NOT even get a gig on the current saturday night dead show
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43978 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  9:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

quote:
Originally posted by bigoutside

I think you only get to vote once.

May I have 3?

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

Captplaid
Advanced Member

USA
19755 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  9:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Better one man to perish than the entire nation.

Stop Roy Moore and stop Donald Trump.

Henry Bowman 2016
Go to Top of Page

BoltactionMan

1701 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  9:43:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kimi, iffin you're a Dem you can vote as many time as you wish.

KC

”The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20.”
~Sam Cohen (inventor of the neutron bomb)
Go to Top of Page

chiefr
Advanced Member

USA
8210 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  9:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spasmcreek

if he gets fired, i bet he could NOT even get a gig on the current saturday night dead show

The DEMOCRAT creep is going to end up with a lavish federal pension he does not deserve.
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43978 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  10:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BoltactionMan

Kimi, iffin you're a Dem you can vote as many time as you wish.

KC

Isn't that the truth?!

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

ncross53

USA
187 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  10:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shilowar

I believe he is being sacrificed so that the Dems have the moral authority to go after Roy Moore if he wins.

Seems weird to see Dems and moral authority in the same sentence.
Go to Top of Page

skicat
Advanced Member

13783 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  10:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heard on the radio tonight that Franken has no intention of leaving. Supposedly he will make a statement tomorrow.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." Ron Paul

“The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.”
- Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

breddyrrt

1053 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  10:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moore denies it. Franken there is photo proof. Big difference.
Go to Top of Page

JamesRK
Advanced Member

USA
25491 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  11:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wpageabc

He is being dumped by Dem party bosses. They know they will get another Democratic stooge in Minesota to take his place. The plus is as you said They pressure out Rep Roy Moore and gain a seat in Bama...

Typical Democratic politics and dirty pool.

James George Janos AKA Jesse 'The Body' Ventura?

Go to Top of Page

allen griggs
Advanced Member

USA
31517 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  12:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you. This guy is being thrown under the bus and is the victim of a modern day witch hunt to further the Dem's political aims.

I think the guy is an inept legislator, was elected by fraudulent means and is possibly brain-damaged. His speech is slurred and he has a hard time putting together a coherent sentence.

But, I am appalled at the way that he is being run out of office. No hearing, no judicial review, no proof.
All they have is a photo. Run out of the US Senate by a photo.
At the time he was a SNL comedian, not a senator. He was a guy who made a living by making jokes!

The gal was a Playboy centerfold. A gal who had made a million bucks by showing her naked body to millions of men.
All of those guy who paid money to look at her naked, did so because they wanted to grab her breasts.

Franken was making a JOKE about that. A joke. Get it, now that this gorgeous doll is unconscious, I will grab her breasts.
Franken was the one who had called the photographer over to take the pic. Because it was a joke.
Further, she had on a flak jacket, so even if a guy wanted to, he couldn't feel anything. That was part of the JOKE.

Franken is the one who gave the photo to the centerfold.

As much as I dislike Franken, politically and on an intellectual level, I am appalled that he is being run out of office on this lame BS. If the Dems can do it to him they can do it to anybody.

Witch Hunt
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
35758 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  04:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ncross53

quote:

I believe he is being sacrificed so that the Dems have the moral authority to go after Roy Moore if he wins.

Seems weird to see Dems and moral authority in the same sentence.

Yes well it's not legitimate moral authority, but that is how they will present it for theatrical purposes.
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
35758 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  04:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allen griggs
If the Dems can do it to him they can do it to anybody.

That is the precedent that they want to establish!
Go to Top of Page

Sam06
Advanced Member

11527 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  11:43:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can honestly say I hate Al Franken and I wish him all the ill I can.

I hope he ends up like Weiner, ruined, abandoned and in jail.

I like it when bad things happen to bad people and he is a vile human being.

RLTW

Proud white heteronormative cis-male member of the Kyriarchy

Liberalism: The haunting feeling that someone, somewhere, might be having a good time.
Go to Top of Page

Smitty500mag
Advanced Member

USA
9583 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  12:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Franken is like slick willie, there's no way in hell that degenerate would ever willingly leave office without being drug down the halls of congress by the US Marshals and thrown out of the building.

REVISE THAT!

Franken just resigned. I'm dumbfounded, I never thought that jackass would quit.

Edited by - Smitty500mag on 12/07/2017 12:55:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rocky Raab
Advanced Member

USA
7707 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  1:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He'll "retire" to the $250K speaking tour, the seven-digit advance for a book he won't have to write, and his full Senate pension. Poor baby, huh?

And he'll grin like a 'possum knowing he was the "moral lever" that the Dems will use to hound Trump into resignation. (They think.)
Go to Top of Page

William81
Advanced Member

USA
23236 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  1:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AND he is gone !!!

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals

Go to Top of Page

Old-Colts
Advanced Member

USA
22094 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  1:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Go to Top of Page

p3skyking
Advanced Member

USA
24023 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  1:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One less perverted Democrat masquerading as a decent American.

A man who says he has never been scared is either lying or else he's never been anywhere or done anything
Sackett

A man who has not known many women cannot appreciate the value of one. The Walking Drum

A man's success he can share with others, his troubles are his own. Comstock Lode

A ship does not sail with yesterdays wind. The Walking Drum

Go to Top of Page

riflemike
Advanced Member

USA
7606 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  1:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rocky Raab

He'll "retire" to the $250K speaking tour, the seven-digit advance for a book he won't have to write, and his full Senate pension. Poor baby, huh?

And he'll grin like a 'possum knowing he was the "moral lever" that the Dems will use to hound Trump into resignation. (They think.)

he is set for life ..BUT

hopefully he will be hit by a car....

killed by a mugger or something similar....i dont wish horrible deaths on but a few...

the few is becoming many

never will forget thet SMUG look at one of trumps talks ..

slumped down rolling his eyes..F him and his like

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death.

Edited by - riflemike on 12/07/2017 1:11:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

skicat
Advanced Member

13783 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  1:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mixed emotions on this one. I don't care for Franken at all and will not miss him as a Senator, but our uber liberal governor gets to appoint his replacement and who knows what we will get next.

After further reading it looks like the governor only gets to appoint a temporary replacement until an election is held. That is less objectionable but it is still a super slim chance MN voters will move any conservative into office.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." Ron Paul

“The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.”
- Wayne Dyer

Edited by - skicat on 12/07/2017 1:58:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

31986 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  1:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he is being run out because he was STUPID....one photo STUPID...no fng joke there.....STUPID needs to be on the street, NOT spending our money
Go to Top of Page

serf
Anti Gun Lib

6247 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  3:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by p3skyking

One less perverted Democrat masquerading as a decent American.

It seems perverts is an equal opportunity event and Congress has a workplace disputes fund to pay off victims. It's not a secret just hidden in the details with the devil!

serf
Go to Top of Page

Alpine
Advanced Member

11884 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  4:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He didn't resign. He only said he might resign in a couple of weeks. He is going to wait 'till after the Moore election and see if the pressure reduces.

Mark my words!

Your mileage may vary.
“Every time a system is made foolproof - a new class of fool emerges.”
Prod Harris

"If you ain't got pictures, I wasn't there."

"Profanity is the linguistics of the inarticulate."

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."
Albert Einstein

In a follow-up story, local police are considering charging Mr. Lapointe with felony stupid. The usual additional charge of Ignorant in a Smart Zone will not be applied, due to the rural location of the incident, according to a police spokesman.

"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and Always win." Clint Smith

I come from a State that raises corn and cotton and cock-leburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me.
- Willard D. Vandiver

The burden of proof lies on the plaintiff.
- Legal maxim
"The trouble with Communism is that eventually you run out of other people's money?"
Margaret Thatcher 1976

To what level of stupidity do you want to address?
Go to Top of Page

TooBig
Advanced Member

USA
24899 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  4:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll bet he's smiling all the way to the bank just like Bernie did when Hillary bought him off and they still have their pensions.

NO COUNTRY CAN SURVIVE OPEN BORDERS AND WELFARE XXXXXXXXX It's time for the Democraps use their brain and the Republicans to grow a Pair. Tell Congress it's time to Read the Bills First
Go to Top of Page

rambo rebel
Advanced Member

3298 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  4:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they're only doing it to make it easier to go after Trump later and deny Roy Moore a senate seat should he win - nothing more.

there's only one hope for this world. 3:16

Even IF there is no God, what if we just lived our lives as if there were?

If the people who think about changing the world would think about changing themselves, they might accomplish both.
Go to Top of Page

jimdeere
Advanced Member

USA
14931 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  7:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like Ballpark Franken got his digs in on President Trump in his speech.
Go to Top of Page

Ricci Wright
Advanced Member

USA
3722 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  7:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think anyone is gonna pay much to hear him speak.
quote:
Originally posted by Rocky Raab

"Fight like the third monkey on the ramp of Noah's Ark"
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

31986 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  8:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was "friendly Al" trump bash a "hands on " performance...i chose not to listen to the scumbag put down others
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
24645 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  8:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DONE! He is gone! Just Resigned
Go to Top of Page

bpost

Faroe Islands
36756 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  9:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Franken is donesky in the US Senate...tomorrow he will resign as the Dems keep pig piling to end his career. It is my contention that he is not being shunned because of his behavior but rather political triangulation. I believe he is being sacrificed so that the Dems have the moral authority to go after Roy Moore if he wins. The Dems figure Franken's senate seat is safely democrat so if they force him to resign, they'll just replace him with someone that will walk lock step with the agenda. That way they can demand that Republicans force out Roy Moore if he is elected next week. What we are seeing has been completely scripted.

.....And as usual the (R) dorks are three steps behind and on the wrong road to begin with. The (D) goal is not Roy "kiddie kisser" Moore the goal is TRUMP's demise.

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page