GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Talking About Fires
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dav1965
Advanced Member

USA
10648 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  10:10:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Dad was a volunteer fireman for over 19 years. He quit 6 months before he could draw a check for retiring.

My Dad had turn out gear at home and at the fire station. When the fire alarm went off our house phone had a special ring so my Dad knew there was a fire.

One day my Sister was picking on me and i hid her bob jacks in my Dads fire boots and forgot about it. He jumped in the boots and started hollering. LOL My sister got in trouble for that one.

I have been to 15 or 20 housefires and the only thing i know worse than that is cancer.

I get mad to easy and i can admit that. I know i have a problem. There are people i do not like. However i wish no one harm. I have seen too many bad things to wish something bad to someone.

guntech59
Advanced Member

Brunei
21029 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  10:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Retirement pay for a volunteer fireman?

It doesn't work that way around here. You get a break on State taxes and property taxes....that is all.

US Army (Ret.)
1977-1998

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” — Jefferson`s “Commonplace Book,”

“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”- Heraclitus.
Go to Top of Page

Horse Plains Drifter
Advanced Member

Botswana
30217 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  10:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guntech59

It doesn't work that way around here. You get a break on State taxes and property taxes....that is all.

Yehh, you can get retirement money here too. If you put in 25+ years, you can get a whole $250/month. No tax break.

81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad

CA #8....3%

Go to Top of Page

guntech59
Advanced Member

Brunei
21029 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  1:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter

quote:
Originally posted by guntech59

Yehh, you can get retirement money here too. If you put in 25+ years, you can get a whole $250/month. No tax break.

That must be the 'something new' I am supposed to learn today.

US Army (Ret.)
1977-1998

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” — Jefferson`s “Commonplace Book,”

“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”- Heraclitus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page