GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 I just subjected myself to hell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Big Sky Redneck
Advanced Member

Kuwait
16143 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  1:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I知 a w-h-o-r-e, my trailer is like the USPS, if it fits it ships and if you pay me enough I値l go anyhwere. Just got offered an absurd amount of money to go to Bahstun, guess where I知 taking anload of Washington State Apples to?

Sam06
Advanced Member

11527 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  2:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is getting ready to snow on the east coast, that should add to the fun.

You get the 302 in the old Ford yet?

I still need to pull the motor in my Power Wagon but I cannot get motivated to deal with that heavy cold oily piece of iron this winter.

RLTW

Proud white heteronormative cis-male member of the Kyriarchy

Liberalism: The haunting feeling that someone, somewhere, might be having a good time.
Go to Top of Page

Dads3040
Advanced Member

USA
13208 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  2:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somebody's gotta get the apples to market, and you might as well get the absurd amount of money as anyone else. Get in, get out, go home.

Safe travels, my friend.

The Object in Life is not to be with the Majority, but Rather to Avoid finding Oneself in the Ranks of the Insane. Marcus Aurelius
Go to Top of Page

Mark G

USA
1163 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  2:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hated driving a truck in Mass. Rudest people I found. Back in the days before GPS and mapquest, you would get on the CB looking for a local for directions once you hit town. Everywhere else you got an immediate response. In Boston....silence. Once you delivered the people at the dock/yard were impatient and rude.

These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold葉hough your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:7
Go to Top of Page

SCOUT5
Advanced Member

11516 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  5:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam06

I still need to pull the motor in my Power Wagon but I cannot get motivated to deal with that heavy cold oily piece of iron this winter.

Well, you aren't walking and spring's not that far away.

Go to Top of Page

Big Sky Redneck
Advanced Member

Kuwait
16143 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  5:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam06

Have a lot of work to do to that engine yet and a few more things to get ready for the truck. I知 not going to do a simple engine swap, she痴 getting lifted, new fuel tank and a few other things all done at once. Since that old truck is my only transportation (The Dodge belongs to the wife unit) I need to have everything ready to go so I can get it done in one weekend.
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

49582 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  5:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wish we coulda had lunch, man.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

Junkballer
Advanced Member

USA
6778 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  5:58:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the way out of Boston pick up a load of Sam Adams beer for us to try
Go to Top of Page

4205raymond

591 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  6:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BSR, if you think you are in hell, don't stop. Winston Churchill, I think. Keep on trucking.
Go to Top of Page

Ricci Wright
Advanced Member

USA
3722 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  6:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty straight forward trip looking at the map. Probably gonna hit some snow but I'm guessing you know how to handle that coming from Montana. As long as you are making money. It would of course be great to pick up a good load on the way back, maybe lobster but live lobster might be a problem. Maybe you could take a large box of "R's" up to Mass.cause they don't have any up there. Good Luck!!

"Fight like the third monkey on the ramp of Noah's Ark"
Go to Top of Page

bpost

Faroe Islands
36756 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  9:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l50L4GYhpLc

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Go to Top of Page

Big Sky Redneck
Advanced Member

Kuwait
16143 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  11:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Find out in the morning, load may have cancelled. Broker hasn稚 gotten any of the info on it yet. Meanwhile I知 getting stop #4 off of this bacon load at the Walmart DC in Grandview.
Go to Top of Page

montanajoe

Trinidad and Tobago
45733 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  12:19:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Safe travel where ever you go,,,

GunBroker.com Moderator
Go to Top of Page

dfletcher
Advanced Member

USA
7514 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  01:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark G

I hated driving a truck in Mass. Rudest people I found. Back in the days before GPS and mapquest, you would get on the CB looking for a local for directions once you hit town. Everywhere else you got an immediate response. In Boston....silence. Once you delivered the people at the dock/yard were impatient and rude.

I've been driving there for 50 years, still can't figure out how to tell people to get around in a way they'd understand. Besides, if you're not from around there & have a funny accent - I can't understand you. And you butcher the names of our towns - how hard is it to say Scituate or Leominister? A guy asked about a local store, I told him how to get there & he got upset. Geez, do a guy a favor by telling him to go to Athol .....

dsf
Go to Top of Page

Idahobound
Advanced Member

USA
7797 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  01:05:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drove from Evanston to Cheyenne yesterday. It suck from Laramie to Cheyenne
Go to Top of Page

SCOUT5
Advanced Member

11516 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  01:17:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you get snowed in or something at least you'll have groceries. Could be hard cider if it last long enough.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sky Redneck
Advanced Member

Kuwait
16143 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  01:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Idahobound

Drove from Evanston to Cheyenne yesterday. It suck from Laramie to Cheyenne

I was stuck in Rapid City on Monday due to ice and wind, made for a long drive over to Seattle and make two appointments yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

CaptFun
Administrator

USA
16390 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  01:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Worst thing about driving in Boston that I have found is that they put the freaking Exit sign 8 ft from the exit. Not one mile, then half mile then here it is. All you get is , Oh look here is Exit 174 ten ft from the actual exit.

Surface streets are even worse. 80% of the intersections have no street name on at least one of the streets. (I suspect the snowplows destroy them) . I was up there recently and had left my phone in my car when the wife dropped me off at the airport. I was through security before I noticed. no going back. Burner phones dont have GPS so finding a hotel in a strange city at 2am on a paper map when none of the streets actually have street signs is quite the challenge...

GunBroker.com Admin

Go to Top of Page

chiefr
Advanced Member

USA
8210 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  08:03:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Driving on I95 from Richmond up thru MA sucks, I cant say more. Thank goodness I no longer have to make that drive.
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
35758 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  09:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh enjoy mixing with those Mjerks
Go to Top of Page

select-fire
Advanced Member

54426 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  09:28:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ant Farm area. I stay out of it.
Go to Top of Page

He Dog
Advanced Member

Italy
44512 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  10:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Might snow, best take I-10.

~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets Founding Member ~
Go to Top of Page

Big Sky Redneck
Advanced Member

Kuwait
16143 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  4:44:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by He Dog

That load cancelled, broker claims not enough product but I think they found someone cheaper So instead I知 going to Oswego, NY with a load of apples and to hell with I-10, I知 going straight across I-90! Woohoo, Upstate, NY, oh joy Atleast they are paying dearly for this, not sure how much they pay for apples up there but your shipping cost to get them there is rediculous
Go to Top of Page

guntech59
Advanced Member

Brunei
21023 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  5:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck

quote:
Originally posted by He Dog

That load cancelled, broker claims not enough product but I think they found someone cheaper So instead I知 going to Oswego, NY with a load of apples and to hell with I-10, I知 going straight across I-90! Woohoo, Upstate, NY, oh joy Atleast they are paying dearly for this, not sure how much they pay for apples up there but your shipping cost to get them there is rediculous

Lake effect snow off the east end of Lake Ontario.....drive safe!

US Army (Ret.)
1977-1998

鏑aws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Jefferson`s 鼎ommonplace Book,

撤olitical tags such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. Robert A. Heinlein

徹ut of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.- Heraclitus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page