GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Went To Physical Therapy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dav1965
Advanced Member

USA
10643 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  6:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday i went to physical therapy and we went through the exercises that i am supposed to do to rehab my knee.

The first thing i noticed was she is beautiful and about 24. She tested my knee strength and found out that my right knee is week as a kitten.

She could push my right leg down with no problem. She could also hold it down and i could not raise it. My left leg was good. The doctor says my right knee is worse than my left but my left hurts worse than my right.

I did her stupid little exercises yesterday and this mourning my knees were thumping. They seem silly but they can put a hurt on you. LOL

Wild Turkey

1182 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  6:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I maintain that they use former cheerleaders for PT ladies.

Cute, bubbly, and absolutely certain you can do more no matter how much you think it hurts

Had both my knees done a few years ago.

DO. THE. THERAPY.

It will pay off.

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
Go to Top of Page

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
5215 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  7:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice PT women are a real incentive to go. Enjoy bro if it were Broomhilda. It would not be as much fun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

llama

2351 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  10:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked in a big hospital as an aide for the PT department. We had one therapist who was not only knock dead beautiful but she was from Senegal, and spoke with this lovely French accent.

Unfortunately, when she'd introduce herself it sometimes sounded like "I'll be your physical terrorist"

Having been through a thousand or so knee replacements all I can say is DO WHAT THE PT SAYS! Wear the knee bending machine (you'll hate it), get up and walk when they tell you to (you won't want to), do the exercises they tell you to do, do it all and ask for more.

The wind in the willow's playin' "Tea for Two";
The sky was yellow and the sun was blue,
Strangers stoppin' strangers just to shake their hand,
Everybody's playin' in the heart of gold band, heart of gold band.
Go to Top of Page

dav1965
Advanced Member

USA
10643 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  09:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand it will hurt. Trust me i can handle muscle pain pretty good but bone on bone is a whole different level of pain.

When i had my first cancer surgery i thought they were taking some muscle from my bicept and a little bit of vein in my arm.

When i woke up i found they used my thigh muscle in my right leg. I thought a had a little spot on my leg where they cut me. It went from my hip to my knee.

The cancer was way worse than they thought. After they got me out of the coma the next day they had me walking. I did everything i was supposed to do and more. The pt guy was like you are not supposed to be able to do this.
Go to Top of Page

hoosier

USA
1002 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  1:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He better condition you are before surgery will, help immensely, in your recovery.

PT says that my conditioning prior to surgery is the reason I did so well after surgery.

Swimming is what did it for me, no stress on the joints. I've been doing that for 4 years now. Started 6 months, prior to left knee in 2013.
Dave

Gun Parts and more (lots more).

NRA Life Endowment Member, US Army Veteran.
Lions Club

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page