GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Politics
 Election Day in Alabama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Flying Clay Disk
Advanced Member

USA
31430 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  11:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't the "establishment" have found a better candidate???

Or is it just all about the "establishment" winning, damn the best candidtate???

Tough luck Alabama, next time get your S# together!! Look what happened here in Colorado!!!

I guess I'm short on sympathy with the "establishment" these days.

FCD

"Fortes et liber"

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
44084 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  11:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think establishment republicans are in for a big wake up call come next year.

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

Flying Clay Disk
Advanced Member

USA
31430 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  12:05:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kimi

And you know what, they should be!!

I've never been so disappointed in the Republican party as I have been these past 12 months. Bunch of freaking criminal WHORES!

And I'm a staunch conservative too!!

FCD

"Fortes et liber"

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
44084 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  12:34:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk

quote:
Originally posted by kimi

And you know what, they should be!!

I've never been so disappointed in the Republican party as I have been these past 12 months. Bunch of freaking criminal WHORES!

And I'm a staunch conservative too!!

+ that!

What's next

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

32546 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  05:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
seems out here in the sticks a long ways from alabama i cannot remember anything said about Moore's voting record, his actions on the job, what he had done good for the state....nothing but the allegations of bad behaviour ???
Go to Top of Page

bigoutside
Advanced Member

South Sandwich Islands
18260 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  05:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dads3040

The democrat areas have far more modern and updated ballot counting operations...yet very often report late with juuuuust enough votes to squeak out a win for the democrat commies.

Things that make you say Hmmmmmm...

Please stop posting blatant lies.

It degrades the conversation.

Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
36039 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  05:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On a positive Al Franken is disappointed too. Of course Franken won't actually resign until trump resigns, those will be the new terms. Atleast Republicans won't get beat up with Moore anymore, that distraction will be gone.

Folks are complaining now, just wait until 2018 when the Dems take back the Senate and wreck that majority in the House. One sign of a government's instability its the polar shift by the electorate each election and that trend will only continue.
Go to Top of Page

select-fire
Advanced Member

54726 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  05:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a trying time for America. Social media is impacting a lot of decisions that will come back and haunt us all later on. The stock market is so oversold it is pathetic. Sheep America doesn't understand much. When the economy goes belly up... sheep America will point fingers in the blame game at the govt.When actually the rich who control it will be part of the problem. Pay Attention banks will close and folks won't get a dime, but most of sheep America don't have much anyway. They are protesting, pointing fingers at their govt now for that very reason.. no future.
Go to Top of Page

mogley98
Advanced Member

USA
13626 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  08:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't wait until the next female dem runs I recall a slap on the arse
Go to Top of Page

Junkballer
Advanced Member

USA
6852 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  09:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Alabama Republican Senator Richard Shelby thrust the final dagger into Moore's back from behind , it looks to be that he's a leading member of the swamp......Damn them all ! . To the loss I say it's the Republican leaderships fault/plan, there's cheering going on in the Red section now
Go to Top of Page

p3skyking
Advanced Member

USA
24278 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  09:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's enough finger pointing to go around, but Kay Ivey, the lieutenant governor who took over after Bentley resigned last year, called for the special Senate election instead of letting Luther Strange remain as Senator until the regular election.

In reflection, she cost the state and the nation a lot more than just money.

A man who says he has never been scared is either lying or else he's never been anywhere or done anything
Sackett

A man who has not known many women cannot appreciate the value of one. The Walking Drum

A man's success he can share with others, his troubles are his own. Comstock Lode

A ship does not sail with yesterdays wind. The Walking Drum

Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
24987 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  11:12:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
....survival of the fittest......I will now switch over to the Democratic party which I left(Dixiecrats) back in 1964....
Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
25176 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  11:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pwillie

quote:
Originally posted by Don McManus

quote:

...The Republicans just lost Alabama...Thanks Mitch!....Conservatism is dead in the South...Glad I have lived in a better time...

Thanks Mitch?

Mitch supported Strange who would have won in a landslide. Thanks go to the idiots in Alabama who picked the one Republican on the planet who could lose in Alabama.

You fellers can’t pass the buck on this one. Picking and sticking with Moore cost Trump a sure vote in a very closely held Senate. Congrats.

...this coming from a Trump "hater"?....Strange was worse than having the Dem Jones!....so calling me an idiot makes you famous?..I would rather have Jones than Strange...the Republican party will die in this state!..You know nothing about me are my state..but I know you for being a smart azz that thinks he is smart...

The 'idiot' comment was not targeted to any one individual, pwillie, and even if it was, I sincerely doubt that labeling anyone on this board an idiot would contribute to fame in any way.

Moore was controversial to begin with, and absent the allegations of chasing little girls, probably would have won. The fact remains, however, that somewhere he was not properly vetted, and his response to the allegations is what sunk him as much as the allegations themselves.

While you are correct in stating that I don't know Alabama, I do know that whining that you thought she was '19 years old' when you plied her with drink, and stating that you never 'dated a girl without her mother's permission' went a long way toward convincing people there was a real possibility at least some of the allegations had merit.

You may be right about Jones as well. Good chance he will vote against the $ 170 billion addition to the deficit that Trump is proposing in his DOD request.

Smaller government through obstructionism is not necessarily a bad thing.

'Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.'
Brad Steele.

'The Constitution that was actually enacted and formally amended creates islands of government powers in a sea of liberty. The judicially redacted constitution creates islands of liberty rights in a sea of governmental powers.'
Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Edited by - Don McManus on 12/13/2017 12:00:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sam06
Advanced Member

11995 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  12:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't think there was any way he would win.

Just too much bad press and too many accusations that were not answered.

They should have never held a special election.

RLTW

Proud white heteronormative cis-male member of the Kyriarchy

Liberalism: The haunting feeling that someone, somewhere, might be having a good time.
Go to Top of Page

Doc
Advanced Member

21919 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  12:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every GOP candidate in the future better be ready for accusations of sexual harassment. Democrats have come up with a winning strategy.

Go to Top of Page

Sam06
Advanced Member

11995 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  1:28:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doc

Every GOP candidate in the future better be ready for accusations of sexual harassment. Democrats have come up with a winning strategy.

He was accused of being a pedophile.

The dems are eating each other over sexual harassment.

RLTW

Proud white heteronormative cis-male member of the Kyriarchy

Liberalism: The haunting feeling that someone, somewhere, might be having a good time.
Go to Top of Page

p3skyking
Advanced Member

USA
24278 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  1:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Piss on the post election blues and Winter.

This makes me smile and look to Summer. Democrats may steal my election, but they won't steal my sunshine.

https://youtu.be/E1fzJ_AYajA

A man who says he has never been scared is either lying or else he's never been anywhere or done anything
Sackett

A man who has not known many women cannot appreciate the value of one. The Walking Drum

A man's success he can share with others, his troubles are his own. Comstock Lode

A ship does not sail with yesterdays wind. The Walking Drum

Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

49767 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  1:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find it rather comical that this is all somehow seen (by anyone, but particularly the left) as some huge swing victory for Democrats. The D candidate won by a pretty slim victory considering how successfully his opponent was painted as a pedophile.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
44084 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  3:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam06

I didn't think there was any way he would win.

Just too much bad press and too many accusations that were not answered.

They should have never held a special election.

Actually, too many progressive transplants including minorities progressive or not.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
24987 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  5:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...Jones has a small window....another election will be in 2020...he did not get a full 6 years to solidify his position....as for as Roy More goes ,he was elected two times to Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court....Vetting????
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26017 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  6:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

...Jones has a small window....another election will be in 2020...he did not get a full 6 years to solidify his position....as for as Roy More goes ,he was elected two times to Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court....Vetting????

How many elections for offices other than judicial has he lost ?

This makes three.

How many times has he been removed from judicial office ?

Twice.

Vetting ???

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

Marc1301
Advanced Member

USA
33586 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  6:38:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by select-fire

It is a trying time for America. Social media is impacting a lot of decisions that will come back and haunt us all later on. The stock market is so oversold it is pathetic. Sheep America doesn't understand much. When the economy goes belly up... sheep America will point fingers in the blame game at the govt.When actually the rich who control it will be part of the problem. Pay Attention banks will close and folks won't get a dime, but most of sheep America don't have much anyway. They are protesting, pointing fingers at their govt now for that very reason.. no future.

I think you mean 'overbought' since oversold would mean the RSI was showing bargains available everywhere.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here." William Shatner
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
44084 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  8:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got off the phone with individual in Alabama. Much of the elderly population was not allowed to vote since they did not have a photo ID. Was told the republicans in the legislature made this requirement and the the old folks don't intend to change their habits.

Was also told Roy Moore spent the weekend out of state when he should have been visiting some counties.

What's next

Edited by - kimi on 12/13/2017 8:32:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

dfletcher
Advanced Member

USA
7545 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  01:05:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barzillia

quote:

How many elections for offices other than judicial has he lost ?

This makes three.

How many times has he been removed from judicial office ?

Twice.

Vetting ???

The Democrats executed Politics 101 - no doubt they knew about Moore and his issues, guilty or not, and waited until after the R primary to go public. And I've no doubt Moore knew what was to come. If there was genuine concern on his part of keeping the seat in the "R" column he'd have not even tossed his hat into the ring.

This race was unusual in that I suppose neither party wanted their guy to win. The Jones (who will no doubt be gone in 2020) victory robs Democrats of a target rich Moore and Republican Party in 2018, Moore losing means the Republicans aren't saddled with the "pedophile party" moniker during those same mid-terms.

Something I wonder about, because Moore seemed to be a "drain the swamp" choice much better than Strange- did the Trump White House know of Moore's issues and that's what them to support Strange during the primary? I think it's something worth knowing because it goes to Washington politics always being an inside game. We really never know the many ulterior motives, schemes and manipulations that occur. We're on the wrong side of the looking glass.

dsf
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26017 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  5:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://imgur.com/zOlklGV

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page